Is there a need for a lock in MT5? - page 54

goldtrader писал(а) >>

I have nothing against your way of breaking a lock, but as far as I understand it, it is not formalisable because it is based on reversal levels which we cannot see beforehand and we can only hope that it is a reversal and not a weak correction. And this kind of reversal is really an art and not a craft. I don't mean to say that this method doesn't work. If it works for you, great. But you may as well fix the loss, retrace and offset it with further trades. The lock here only allows you to hide possible troughs in the balance chart from taking a loss. Or am I wrong?

In summary, I would call your method not a way to break the lock, but a profitable swing trade.

Yes, but at the same time lock is a link which by throwing out you lose a trade without negative trades. The art. Trading is an art, mathematics moves equity only by percentage points. The main thing is still the entry and exit point. I have tried to implement many possibilities to get a good TS. And I assure you that a VERY large number of successful intraday traders (if not all) use lots. As only the blind cannot see how often the price goes back to its previous value, which was implemented in my Expert Advisor in the first post.

001 >> :

Here's the figure. The thing is, before making a decision, the price in flat will make me open/close a position more than 10 times, which I don't care about during the lock, because I wait for the price to break away from one of the positions, no matter which one, and wait for the price to move to a distance multiple of the size of the lock, then I act with this lock. I.e.

1. For a time I leave everything in status quo. With the help of the lock.

2. lock is destroyed ONLY under the condition (or / or).

a. In case of price multiple (multiple of pips loc) distance from the lock + return to him.

b. In case of losing by the price at multiple (multiple of pips of the lock) distance from the lock + continuation of the price movement. In this case, the lock is broken by the rebound from the level.

You are not describing equivalent strategies for lock and net. If you leave your decision up to the breakout level and price moves away by a multiple of a close, whatever - you'll get the full analogy when you convert to net positions (you won't open positions more than 10 times from the same levels). Swaps are not considered - not essential.

Good luck.

001 >> :

Yes, but at the same time lock is the link which when you cut it out you lose a trade without negative trades. The art.

IMHO - this is not really true. The balance will not show negative trades - that's 100%, but the equity curve will still show the true position.

No negative trades are visible when sitting through drawdowns either, well at least until I met Kolyan ;) - is it a break-even trading method?

Good luck.

001 >> :

... The art. Trading is an art, mathematics moves only a percentage of equity. The main thing is still the entry and exit point.

Exactly.

001>> :

... And I assure you that a VERY large number of successful traders (if not all) use lots.

Quite possibly. But that does not mean that using locs gives them any advantage.

They (and you too) are probably psychologically more comfortable and pleased to see a balance curve that is not squeezed by losing trades.

VladislavVG писал(а) >>

You are not describing equivalent strategies for loc and net. If you leave your decision until the breakout level and price moves away in a multiple of a close, whatever - you will get a full analogy when you convert to net positions (you won't open positions more than 10 times from the same levels). Swaps are not considered - not essential.

Good luck.

1. Really non-equivalent, that's what I'm talking about. You cannot implement ANY of the lock features in MT5. Some of them are very necessary.

2.When a stop is triggered... THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I don't take a loss in such a strategy, and I make 10-20 pips from breaking a lock. And you, I'm sure the stop is at least 30 pips, you take 30 pips or more. And every time you comfort yourself with words from books that this is the way it should be. Now multiply by the number of losing trades, which is about half. And what is the purpose of all the talk about equity? Balances?

001 >> :

1. Really non-equivalent, that's what I'm talking about. There is no way to implement ANY of the loca features in MT5. Some and very much needed.

2.When a stop is triggered... THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I don't take a loss in such a strategy, and I make 10-20 pips from breaking a lock. And you, I'm sure the stop is at least 30 pips, you take 30 pips or more. And every time you comfort yourself with words from books that this is the way it should be. Now multiply by the number of losing trades, which is about half. And what is the purpose of all the talk about equity? Balances?

I mean the situation when you close locked positions and I close net ones, so that no open positions are left, the account will have the same amount of pips and the same amounts (within swaps), despite the fact that net will have intermediate negative trades, and vice versa. By the way, in the previous example (not yours, but the one from Alpari) just the neto has no negative trades.

Good luck.

VladislavVG писал(а) >>

The point is that when you close a net position - I mean when you close locked positions and I close net positions, so that there are no open positions, then the account will have the same number of pips earned and the same amounts (within swaps), despite the fact that the net will have intermediate negative trades, and the lock will not. By the way, in the previous example (not yours, but the one from Alpari) just the neto has no negative trades.

Good luck.

And as usual you forgot about the accepted loss in the form of a stop loss.

I don't mean you personally, but I now understand why the opponents of the loc are so vehemently pouncing and constantly snapping at personalities. Just do not want to RECOGNIZE that there are different systems than they have, which can not get to stop loss, it subconsciously just pisses them off and makes them jump on opponents.

>> Good luck.

:)))

VIKI:

All previous developments using client API do not work with MetaTrader 4 servers.

Locke is probably the most previous development too...

001 >> :

And as usual you forgot about the accepted loss in the form of a stop loss.

I don't mean you personally, but I now understand why opponents of the loco are so fierce and constantly lashing out at personalities. Just do not want to RECOGNIZE that there are different systems than they have, which can not get to stop loss, it subconsciously just pisses them off and makes them jump on opponents.

Good luck.

I haven't forgotten about the losses:

//---------------------------------------

In the account will be the same number of pips earned and the same amount (within swaps), despite the fact that the net will have intermediate negative trades, and the loc will not.

//---------------------------------------

This is what you will see on the balance sheet.

What makes you think that the presence of locs pisses anyone off and someone pounces on locs ? I'm just saying that for any lock strategy, there is an analogue in the net. That's why the presence/absence of lots should not bother a trader. If a trader does not see it - it is certainly not the platform's problem.

Good luck.

What are you people arguing about? Someone paints fences with a roller, someone with a brush, and someone uses a sprayer with a compressor. Firstly - who likes what, secondly - who can afford it. And now, figuratively speaking some men forbid the use of ... Well rollers, like for your own good. And then they say from the rollers of harm alone. And I (assumed that I have - bad :-)) ) now have neither the opportunity nor the desire to work with other tools (brush - not like, the compressor - not on means). locke - a tool. I don't think any of you would enjoy being deprived of an opportunity to use your favorite, well-known and doubtlessly useful (if only for you personally, and no one else) INSTRUMENT.

An example of the application of the loc - it is possible to determine the reversal zone of the wave (= low level trend) at each time. Only trouble is - there is often a widening of waves (trend widening). The lock allows to enter a possible reversal of the wave, and then - either to withdraw additional profit on the expansion (or reduce losses on the error), or - with a quick reversal - to fix a small loss on entry into the second wave of the trend that began.