AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 8

joo >> :

I read your post, carefully. But, still, no one can be sure that, for example, the number of bars is the same for all test participants. That is why I offered the script. There should not be any doubts.

Pardon. I erased it altogether after reading it carefully myself! Almost immediately! (You have a good response. ))))))

The number of bars can be entered into the test advisor with date verification.

Another topic closely related to performance, reliability and more generally...

SSD drives.

Here is the "lower" representative of the group, quite enough for a working machine.

16 GB Express Card Solid State Disk (SSD) OCZ [OCZEXPSLT16G]

1,958p.

Cheap and cheap...

One thing is embarrassing. Out of habit it seems that, like a flash drive, it will quickly malfunction due to write cycles.

which is a massive part of the job...

But in other words, it is an ideal replacement for traditional hard drives.

But I'd like to point out right away, that the speed of zapchaten is the last thing I'm interested in.

It could be even simpler to do the whole performance check thing, taking into account joo's comments. Simply run it on what you have, without any tweaking or straightening. And then go and estimate prices and draw a simple graph of performance dependence on optimization and total configuration price.

Mathemat >> :

It could be even simpler, taking joo's comments into account. Simply run it on what you have, without any tweaking or straightening. And then calculate the prices and draw a simple graph of performance dependence on the total price of the configuration.

A pure trader's approach... to draw a graph.

;)

As it seems to me, and what I've outlined in the algorithm above, there must be maximally uniform conditions for a clean comparison.

The first of these is local time, the second (third etc...) can be implemented by quite simple means.

For example I reboot, start only a terminal with pre-installed values in necessary places...

kombat >> :

Purely a trader's approach... to draw a chart.

;)

As it seems to me, and what I have outlined in the algorithm above, there should be as uniform conditions as possible for a clean comparison.

The first of these is local time, the second (third etc...) can be implemented by quite simple means.

For example I reboot, start only a terminal with pre-installed values in necessary places...

Mate, why don't you get on with it? After all, you're the one who started it.) And we'll get involved. Advice, suggestions...))) Let's bring your expert to the benchmark test!

Svinozavr >> :

Mate, why don't you do it? After all, you're the one who started it.) And we'll get involved. Advice, suggestions...))) Let's bring your expert to the benchmark!

I will!

Just in between reading books and eating lunch...

;)

AMD Atlon X2 3800 (2000 MHz), 2G RAM

Naturally, the lower the score, the better.

Files:

Mathemat >> :

Where are the links, Skymaster? I asked you about it the first time. And about heating and how AMD beats Intel by all means.

P.S. AMD is strategically lagging behind Intel at least by a year because until now this firm has not produced anything equal in performance at least to Core-i7 920, which is about a year old.

12-core Opteron.

Or 6-core Opteron, but on MB with 8 socket 1207(Tyan)=48 cores, when will Intel have that?

laptop core 2 duo 1800 MHz, 2 Gb (DDR2-667)

ps. a simple Expert Advisor and five indicators did not change the result - in the empty terminal the result is almost the same - 75.2985

four2one >> :

12-core Opteron

It's been said a hundred times in this thread and a thousand times in other threads about multi-core and MT.

>> mt4 for...yo number of cores

It uses one anyway. Therefore, the computational power of single core systems is of interest. Background operating system processes which may use another core(s) can be disregarded. The more so that half of them can be disabled. For example, why do you need, for example, the service supporting household appliances via some known to MS protocol? It's the default in XP! And so on.