AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 54

kombat >> :

In theory, I want a completely bare OS and a pre-installed notepad.

Shobmy.txt to read, I'll put the rest I need...

That's why I use XP, where I disable half of the default services. I don't, for example, have a fridge that surfs the web. I'm generally an original - I don't use a fridge in trading! And the default appliance management service is always loaded in XP. And it's not the only one there that's so "essential". What useful things can be loaded in Vista, I don't even want to know. I've already seen the lawsuits: people have sued MS because they have to come to work twenty minutes earlier in order to have Vista loaded at the same time. I'll wait for Seven.

Here, I remembered from Pelevin:

He also bought a new computer, although there wasn't much need for that - he just started having trouble printing out texts typed in his old favourite editor. Another deafening groan under the iron heel of Microsoft. Tatarsky was not too sad about it, although he understood the deeply symbolical nature of what was going on: the messenger program was becoming the main message, sucking up an incredible amount of computer memory and resources, which made him look like an impudent New Russian who scrapes through his bank the salaries of his teachers.

Svinozavr, if you don't mind running EA from page 50 (all settings in the post).

Docent >> :

Svinozavr, if you don't mind running the EA from page 50 (all settings in the post).

While it's difficult - optimization is in progress. As soon as it is, right away. (I hope you don't suspect me of sabotage? ))))

Yes, did you read my comment on your post from page 50?

Docent, I'm sorry, I must be expressing myself badly. Technology in this case is everything. The memory controller in the kernel is good, 45 nm manufacturing technology is even better, sse4 is great - in case it comes in handy.

Core 2 and Core ich cannot be compared. They are different platforms . How can they not be compared when you have to make an absolutely specific choice? Let's just step aside from high matter a bit and let's dream and calculate. Suppose a multi-threaded tester comes out and we immediately care about the number of cores. Let's start building the PC from the very beginning. The case, the hard drives and all the rest will be the same. And now we take two kits. First: Core 2 Quad Q9400 - 200 USD, some mother is not too shabby - 100 USD and RAM 2 * 2 GB - 100 USD. Total 400 USD. And the second: Core I5-750 - 250 cu, mother 150 cu, RAM 2 * 4gb - 300 cu. Altogether 700 c.u. What's going to happen in 2 years? You won't be able to upgrade the first configuration and you will have to buy a new CPU/mother/memory for 400 EU again. And for the second configuration you just need to replace the stone (200 CU). By simple mathematical calculations it turns out that the owner of the second configuration is "overpaid" 100 c.u., but got a lot of pleasure owning it for the first 2 years. imho

Imp120 >> :

Core 2 and Core ix cannot be compared. They are different platforms. How not to compare them when you have to make absolutely concrete choice?

I'll second that.

Indeed, why can't you compare them? You should compare them. You cannot compare a Merino with a Ferrari, while we, ordinary traders, want only to save on the most expensive thing - time.

2Docent

Phenom II X3 720 BE @ 2.8 GHz

DDR3-1333 2 GB

Imp120 >> :

Docent, I'm sorry, I must be expressing myself poorly. Technology in this case is everything. A memory controller in the kernel is good, 45nm manufacturing technology is even better, sse4 is great - in case it comes in handy.

Core 2 and Core ich cannot be compared. They are different platforms. How can they not be compared when we have to make a definite choice? Let's just digress from high stuff a bit and dream-calculate. Suppose a multi-threaded tester comes out and we immediately care about the number of cores. Let's begin to build the PC from scratch. The case, the hard drives and all the rest will be the same. And now we take two kits. First: Core 2 Quad Q9400 - 200 USD, some mother is not too shabby - 100 USD and RAM 2 * 2 GB - 100 USD. Total 400 USD. And the second: Core I5-750 - 250 cu, mother 150 cu, RAM 2 * 4gb - 300 cu. Altogether 700 c.u. What's going to happen in 2 years? You won't be able to upgrade the first configuration and you will have to buy a new CPU/mother/memory for 400 EU again. And for the second configuration you just need to replace the stone (200 CU). By simple mathematical calculations it turns out that the owner of the second configuration is "overpaid" 100 c.u., but was a lot of fun having it the first 2 years. imho

Eh I don't know, when I bought first computer I thought 64 m video is not enough, I'll change it in a couple of months, it's been... er... 6-7 years (? oh man, I can't even remember!) and it still stands, only half year ago I moved from it, although on the same socket 478. People probably don't even remember it and I've got full spins and 7 unpretentious functions, in one word, I don't need to change it for a couple of years. And now for the wishful thinking. Every year I get the urge to buy a new computer. I have read a couple of articles on ixbt or thg and dream about it all, thank God, finances don't allow me to. As a result I have enough hardware for myself and save every missed upgrade.

Now to our sheep. If you take the Core i5, then 80% are not going to you will not upgrade anything, will come out 6-core 2010, USB 3, Blu-ray will suddenly become like a DVD worth, the bus frequency per Hz will increase, and DDR5 with videocamy will migrate to the motherboard, as a result you have to change the whole computer, not to upgrade then, and take only stone in 2012) And then again - that's how they suck out fucking money(

Although I agree to choose the configuration is an interesting thing.

P.S.Svinozavr by the way a little offtopik. And why removes the genetic algorithm? it says it's obvious.... Can I at least say a few words for those who don't know?

Belford, this test is at 2.8, not 3.72?!

Dmido >> :

P.S.Svinozavr, by the way, a little off-topic. Why does the genetic algorithm take it off? it says it's obvious.... Can I at least say a few words for those who don't know?

It reduces optimization time by weeding out dead-end options. And since it depends on the conditions of a particular DC, it would introduce even more error in the test. That is why we should uncheck it. That's why it has to be unchecked.

If you're interested, you can read about it here.