AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 23

Well, this is for "Thomas the unbeliever"...

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Files:
coretemp64.zip  210 kb

four2one >> :

Wow. Wow. Your cache isn't that big. And the CPU model, as far as I'm concerned, isn't new anymore. But the RAM, on the other hand, that's a hell of a lot. 8 gig. Well, I can see who's doing the optimizing now.

four2one >> :

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

What do you want to prove? What's the stone load?

Run a stress test for half an hour and measure it.

Actually, this is an off-topic. That's not what we're talking about here.

four2one >> :

Yeah, with this load (almost zero) it's room temperature there :) Come on, what's the point of measuring temperatures. I also know for a fact that my pebble does stay relatively cool, even at 100% load of both cores for a long time. But I don't remember what I measured it with.

2 Mathemat.

I hadn't really paid attention to it before. Your real CPU speed is 1.6 GHz. Look at the Core Speed line.

My point is this. All these tests lead to the conclusion that processor speed is almost of the last importance for computing speed. And the main role, perhaps, is played by manufacturing technology and some manufacturer's "tricks", that escape our glance. Well, for instance, the features of cache management. When optimizing, the role of RAM also increases.

benik >> :

2 Mathemat

...Your real CPU speed is 1.6GHz. Look at the Core Speed line...

At Intel, when the CPU is asleep - the frequency is reduced "like - we're asleep", so 1.6.

benik >> :

All these tests lead to the conclusion that processor frequency plays the least important role in computing speed. And the biggest role, apparently, is played by the manufacturing technology and some "tricks" from the manufacturer, which escape our glance. Well, for instance, the features of cache management. When optimizing, the role of RAM also increases.

Yes, it is very logical. Frequency more or less proportionally increases the result (until trotling starts). And the main thing is technology, cache and RAM.

P.S. But I positively like the result of four2one - if to take into account the relative antiquity of the stone.

2 Belford: Is it probably your Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.7 GHz?

2 Belford: это, вероятно, Ваш Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.7 GHz?

Yes

Mathemat >> :

Yes, very logical. Frequency more or less proportionally increases the result (as long as no trolling is involved). And most importantly technology, cache and RAM.

P.S. But I positively like the result of four2one - considering the relative antiquity of the stone.

2 Belford: it is probably your Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.7 GHz?

Cheap and cheap (4k). Overclocked from 2.8 to 3.7 and you're done!