TakeMySpred - any spread, even negative !!! - page 6

MaStak

>It's actually the basics.)

I wonder why your "basics" don't include a quality antivirus with fresh databases?

And by the way, Task Manager is not enough. You need an advanced one like ProcessExplorer. And it should have non-standard name, because viruses can monitor process list, and in case of occurrence of standard names of managers in process list, they instantly unload themselves from memory.
stupid Autorun check is not enough too, because there are many registry places which duplicate the role of autorun.
Moreover, for a full-fledged analysis you need to monitor changes in the file system. I will not go into details of tracking polymorphic viruses, rootkits, etc.

So, catching a virus is not a task for any programmer and certainly not for an average user.
However, you are actually suggesting not to trust antiviruses but to engage in system analysis. Very clever, I must say...

Globe
>my firewall in NetLimiter never detected any network activity from TakeMySpread.

Trojans are able to use typically trusted applications (like InternetExplorer) to surreptitiously exchange data with the hacker server. A Trojan may also become active after some time, rather than immediately. Sometimes, standard analysis and control tools (firewall, traffic-sniffer, process-explorer, etc) are not enough, and you have to be a real pro to catch this or that malware. I, as a programmer far from virus writing or hacking, know these things only superficially, so I trust only a reliable antivirus to protect my computer. However, MaStak wants to sell us that "basics" like Task Manager, Autorun and Firewall are enough to check the purity of his handiwork, and those who still doubt it, let him learn to be a professional virologist. No more and no less.

Four2one, I told you that Kaspersky doesn't see the virus there yet. But avira and a number of other strong anti-virus packages see it. Go to virustotal.com to see the report.

MaStak,
I repeat, I don't want to offend you with possibly vain suspicions, but your reaction forces me to confirm those suspicions. And it seems there is nothing to do but close the thread and send the author to a lifetime ban. Too bad really, as the utility was quite useful and interesting.

I generally still accept that you may have fallen victim to a Trojan yourself. I also don't rule out false positives from anti-virus packages (it does happen, after all). But in this situation, the only thing that could prove that your utility doesn't contain malicious code is the code of the utility TakeMySpread itself, which has been uploaded to the public domain.

oranger >>:

MaStak,
я повторюсь, мне бы не хотелось обижать вас возможно напрасными подозрениями, однако ваша реакция вынуждает утвердиться в этих подозрениях. И похоже ничего не остается как тему закрыть и отправить автора в пожизненный бан. Очень жаль на самом деле, поскольку утилитка была довольно полезной и интересной.

Я в общем-то всё еще допускаю, что вы могли сами стать жертвой трояна. Также не исключаю ложного срабатывания антивирусных пакетов (ведь и такое случается). Но в данной ситуации, единственная вещь, которая могла бы доказать, что ваша утилита не содержит вредоносного кода это непосредственно код утилиты TakeMySpread, выложенный в открытый доступ.

Fak yu Spielberg

MaStak писал(а) >>

Fak yo Spielberg.

Well just an exceptionally "adequate" reaction. I'm not really surprised...

Comrade Mastak has shown himself to be a complete s**t.

I guess the moderators will pay attention to this thread in a while, and take appropriate action.

MaStak >>:

Фак ю Спилберг

Very correct, by the way. You'd think showing the source code of the part that changes the spread (and it's clearly there and working) would somehow prove that there was no Trojan in the exe (although I don't think there was). With such flawed logic to accuse and nag the source code, it just goes to show that a complete m%##ack -- oranger.

wise писал(а) >>

which is a total dick -- oranger.

Some letters are not clear....
Yeah, no oranger is far from a m%#ack.
Consider
the man just works for a rival organisation. (Cossack ... ......)

wise писал(а) >>

Very correct, by the way. You'd think showing the source code of the part that changes the spread (and it's clearly there and working) would somehow prove that there was no Trojan in the exe (although I don't think there was). With such flawed logic, blaming and begging for the source code, it just goes to show that total m%##ack -- oranger.

I suggested that the author put up the whole source of the utility for everyone who wanted to compile it himself and check the result with antiviruses. If antiviruses keep on showing presence of a Trojan and check of codes does not reveal anything suspicious, it means that it was a false alarm and there can be no claims against the author. And if antiviruses had stopped showing the presence of a Trojan in an exe-compiled from its source code, the author would have had only one small "complaint": better stick to virtual hygiene rules, because the computer in question probably harbours a Trojan that infects exe-codes. That's all. And what makes you think that I demanded to post only that part of code which changes the spread - that's somehow not clear at all.

>...With that flawed logic, blaming and begging for the source code

It is precisely this claim of flawed logic and other conclusions that you can fully apply to yourself.

lasso писал(а) >>
Think of the man as simply working for a rival organisation. (Kazacek ... ......)

Another Sherlockholmes... I don't have any commercial interest in MaStak's craftsmanship!
I personally use the free program ArtMoney, which allows me to change the spread in two clicks, moreover without reloading the terminal!

oranger >>:

Я лично пользуюсь бесплатной программкой ArtMoney, которая позволяет менять спред в два клика, и даже без перезагрузки терминала.

Can I get a link in your inbox? Or a program. If it's small.

MetaDriver писал(а) >>

Can I get a link in your inbox? Or a program. If it's small.

The programme can be downloaded from artmoney.ru
If anything, the principle is the following: you look up values in the memory (like ask or bid for each currency pair), and then simply replace these values so that the delta gets the right spread.

For example, for the euro you have a spread of 2 pips and the quote in Market Watch is: eurusd 1.2900 / 1.2902
If we want to make the spread equal to 3 pips, we should find the number 1.2902 and change it to 1.2903. After that, the internal terminal environment (and therefore the strategy tester, indicators, etc.) will believe that the spread is 3. Such way is tested on a broker with floating spread. For brokers with fixed spreads probably need a little more effort to find the right values and offsets in memory, but in principle everything can be solved. The ArtMoney Manual is very detailed.

To make it more convenient, you should create a Template Substitution according to the dynamic addressing of the terminal. I have a template for mt4.220. I can post it later.