Working with your hands is better - page 15

LeoV писал(а) >>

In 2% drawdown you can have at least 1000 points of drawdown, having the necessary deposit and working with the appropriate lots - this is all the tricks of eMaM. And this is an integral part of the TS....))))

No. You misunderstood me, I did not accurately :) expressed 2% loss trades of a few pips. :)

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

No. You misunderstood me, I didn't accurately :) expressed 2% loss trades by a few pips. :)

I don't work as a psychic. Whatever the question, that's the answer. ))))

SProgrammer писал(а) >> No. You misunderstood me, I didn't exactly :) put 2% losing trades of a few p ips. :)

Again, not accurate. In general, a strange expression for such exact sciences as mathematics, programming and moreover trading - "2% of losing trades of a few pips" - it can be either 10 pips or 100 or more....)))) How to count lots is not clear at all...))))

Oh, wow. Wow. This is the second page of a conversation about what to measure profit in.

LeoV писал(а) >>

Again, not accurate. In general, a strange expression for such exact sciences as mathematics, programming and moreover trading - "2% of losing trades of a few pips" - it can be either 10 pips or 100 or more....)))) How to count lots is not clear at all...))))

:) Why is it so precise?

How grown-ups trade - http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aLYQxd8ffxck

"July 6 (Bloomberg) -- FX Concepts Inc, the world's largest currency hedge fund, says it lost 5.4 percent in this year's first five months. John W. Henry & Co.'s foreign-exchange fund told investors it lost 2 percent, after 2008's 76 percent gain, the best since its 1986 launching.

Both use computer models to spot currency trends and, along with other momentum chasers, are getting hammered by this year's lack of clear direction as the markets are pulled in opposing directions. Deflationary pressure from the first global recession since World War II is being countered by the inflationary forces of record stimulus spending and currency printing across the globe."

brici >> :

- Timbo, if you want it that way, so be it).

That's what concerns the Rank algorithm, there is no one. Or rather, it constantly needs to be adjusted. This Rubik's cube, algorithms are constant, and if you know them, you can build a cube in 45 seconds.

I've been trying to write an algorithm for years. I realized it's not possible. That's why it's better with my hands.)

I've been trying to make money on Mercedes for a long time. And I realized that it is impossible. That's why it's better to take the underground.

I spent a long time trying to save up for a flat. I realised that's impossible. That's why I'd rather live in a khrushchevka with my parents.

Shall I continue the analogy?

004alex >> :
Hello to all the experienced and inexperienced. I realized that no robot can replace manual work!!!

Any trading robot only helps in trading, the final decision is up to the HUMAN. The robot is guided by those rules and experience, which are put in it by the programmer. The Expert Advisor cannot adapt to strong (sudden) market changes. Then it is up to the operator to make decisions. But the routine of market watching can be passed on to the Expert Advisor.

brici >> :

- Timbo, if you want it that way, so be it).

That's what concerns the Rank Algorithm, it does not exist. Or rather, it constantly needs to be adjusted. This Rubik's cube, algorithms are constant, and if you know them, you can build a cube in 45 seconds.

I've been trying to write an algorithm for years, and I've realized that it's impossible, so I'd rather do it by hand.)

I'm not quite clear about the Rank Algorithm, but it's absent. That is, the Expert Advisor does not know the market algorithm, and your "hands" do, although in both cases, it's not the Expert Advisor or your hands that are thinking, but your head?

If the Expert Advisor suddenly starts to lose, then the strategy it is based on is wrong. As the saying goes, "don't blame the mirror if your face is crooked".

The market has conditions that can be successfully described by algorithms, and it is your own problem if you can't do it. Don't argue that it's impossible, because it's impossible for you.

And there is nothing wrong with adjusting EA parameters as the market changes. In 2007 it was one volatility, and now it's different, and you have to be an absolute idiot to trade the same way.

As for profit calculation, for example, I count in quid, in % of deposit and in pips. But in quid is better ;) because in real life it may be a situation when the pips are negative and the profit is positive (MM). We may calculate in points when testing without MM, and there are many more parameters to consider.

- Regasmaster, why are you so nervous? Calm down, in our business, it's very important to hold your own.

p.s. So many people think they've gone from down to masters.)