Working with your hands is better - page 7

brici >> :

That's what concerns the Rank Algorithm, then there is no algorithm, or rather, it is constantly needs to be adjusted. This Rubik's cube, algorithms are constant and if you know them, you can build a cube in 45 seconds.

>> I've been trying to write an algorithm for years, and I realized it's impossible, so I'd rather do it by hand.)

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone gets it?

Such claims might be true if people were mass-produced in one factory.

But people are made one piece at a time.

Hand trading on the news background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfiwGzWGlHo&feature=PlayList&p=57395C28AC57CA60&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

Mischek >> :

That's why 30, why 30?

not 25, not 51 but 30, imho within the same strategy entry and exit are linked

the entry is clear, but the exit is the same - a statement of fact "not right", and it may be at -25 or -51 p

You are emasculating the work strategy with a risk management strategy.

imho of course

Maybe not "definitely wrong", but not there yet.

sol >> :

Maybe not "definitely not there", but not there yet.

To the back burner.

let's simplify it so we don't get bogged down in different views of not what's being discussed.

there's a traffic light to enter and a traffic light to leave

enter at the green light for entry.

must go out at the green light for the exit

but not because you ran out of sandwiches

I have a lot of problems with pips, my Expert Advisor can open up to 10 positions per trade and as the market turns, the positions are averaged out or added to, when a certain percentage of profit is reached, everything is closed and starts again. I don't know about anyone, but I find it convenient to evaluate the effectiveness of the system by the percentage of deposit growth.

Mischek >> :

That's why 30, why 30?

not 25, not 51 but 30, imho within the same strategy entry and exit are linked

[...] with a risk management strategy you neuter the strategy of work

Not exactly exactly 30, of course. And why neuter, when without risk management the system is not a system.

Mathemat >> :

when, without risk management, the system is not a system.

Right

but only then, from above, without getting into the workings of the system itself.

FION писал(а) >>
This is the difference with pips, in my case my Expert Advisor may open up to 10 positions in one trade. As the market reverses the pips are averaged or increased and when the market reaches a certain percentage of profit they are closed and start again. I don't know about anyone, but I find it convenient to evaluate the effectiveness of the system by the percentage of deposit growth.

It is obvious to all that SUM on all open positions. All can always be reduced to a single position. Opening a new position in this SUM is the same as modifying it (partial closing for example). Therefore, any strategy with many open orders still comes down to one. If we digest your strategy, we may say that you are turning over a profit. This total position is called an open position. The opening of a counter position is now even legally forbidden in some countries. But that last sentence is not meant to be a flambe :)

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

It is obvious to all that SUM on all open positions. All can always be reduced to a single position. Opening a new position in this SUM is the same as modifying it (partial closing for example). Therefore, any strategy with many open orders still comes down to one. If we digest your strategy, we may say that you are turning over a profit. This total position is called an open position. The opening of a counter position is now even legally forbidden in some countries. But that last sentence is not a suggestion for flaming :)

Adding and averaging may be different lots, so to reduce everything to pips is an unnecessary load on the brain.

SProgrammer писал(а) >>

OK, I'll put the question another way. There are two traders. The first one says 'I earn XXX pips', the second one says 'I earn XX% a year'. Which one will you work with?