NFA bans locking from 15 May 2009 - page 25

Mischek >> :

IMHO

I disagree, lock is certainly not a strategy or tactic, but it is also not a tool

Lock is a state

This is a state when there is a counter-open order

This is a state caused by not knowing what will happen next

There's a lot of broken rules about locks

Not accepting a loca as an element of ... which is a part of the TC or a part of the strategy or whatever is a reason not to use it

i'm not trying to say this tool is bad, worthless invention, etc. or give an unambiguous estimation.

I'm just trying to be flexible... i'm just trying to be flexible and not think of the world in only one way, black or white - it's a very diverse world

I'm just trying to be flexible, not take the world in one direction - it's a diverse world.

but lack of it precludes the possibility of...

---

There are those who work well with loco... they are good at it

YuraZ >> :

There's a lot of speculation about locomotives.

aversion to lock as an element of ... what's the reason for not using it ... or part of the strategy or whatever - reason not to use it

but that's not a reason to say it's a bad thing or a useless invention etc. or to rate it unequivocally.

I'm just trying to be flexible... i'm just trying to be flexible and not think of the world in only one way, black or white - it's a very diverse world

I'm just trying to be flexible, not take the world in one direction - it's a diverse world.

but the lack of it excludes the possibility...

---

There are those who work well with loco... they're good at it...

I want to be flexible too, but I can't do it.)

Mischek >> :

IMHO

I disagree, lock is certainly not a strategy or tactic, but it is also not a tool

Lock is a state

This is a state when there is a counter-open order

This is the state when you don't know what's going to happen next

Ok, have it your way: mechanism. Okay with you?

An iron is not a tool, but a household heating device for ironing things.

But there's nothing stopping it from being

- a tool for hammering nails (and small domestic rodents... :)))

- a device, e.g. a weight, a plumb line, etc...

- an instrument of intimidation or even of killing (find the statistics for the year ;)

- an oven for heating coffee or frying icing...

- radio technicians use it as a circuit board drawing machine...

So we're back to square one...

If you don't understand the mechanism of the locomotive, multiplied by the unwillingness to understand it..,

there's nothing stopping you from not using it, BUT!

One more thought...

Maybe locking is so simple and easy to master for those who are good thinkers... how shall I put it... let's just say figuratively.

Like radio technicians. There is a scheme and a set of details on the table, and the image of the future construction is already in your head...

(And it's no worse than the one created in R-cad and projected by Solidworks, but it's fast, equal to the speed of thought ;)

komposter писал(а) >>

I noticed everything.

And it was your posts that caused the reaction.

You shouldn't have said anything, Helen. You had something to say, why did you stop?

Absolutely nothing. Why should I? Well... Well, write down your own thoughts somewhere, and I'll sign it.

Guess what you wanted to hear in response to your unseemly words, were they mine? Not in my head. Your problems.

And your justification of the guru's painful reaction in response to an entirely commonplace suggestion among merchants... Again, your problem. Serious ones. Well, that is in my humble opinion and is certainly not the truth.

kombat >> :

All right, have it your way: mechanism. Is that okay?

An iron isn't a tool either, it's a household heating device for ironing things.

But there's nothing stopping it from being

- a tool for hammering nails (and small domestic rodents... :)))

- a device, e.g. a weight, a plumb line, etc...

- an instrument of intimidation or even of killing (find the statistics for the year ;)

- an oven for heating coffee or frying icing...

- radio technicians use it as a circuit board drawing machine...

So we're back to square one...

If you don't understand the mechanism of the locomotive, multiplied by the unwillingness to understand it..,

nothing forbids not using it, BUT! nor does it give you the right to look at it.

One more thought...

Maybe locking is so simple and easy to master for those who are good thinkers... how shall I put it... let's just say figuratively.

Like radio technicians. There's a diagram and a set of parts on the table, and the image of the future construction is in your head...

(and not worse than created in R-doc and projected by Solidworks, but fast, equal to the speed of thought ;)

No .

Condition can't be a tool.

A thermometer is an instrument and its reading is state data.

an iron is a tool, and the feeling after hitting your head with it is a condition.

You are right that if the speed of your thoughts allows you to artificially get a lock state in your account and use it for the benefit of the deposit, then you should continue to use it

Mischek >> :

I want to be flexible too, I can't do it.)

:-)) well it may work out sooner or later...

You don't have to be very flexible you need stops ! even if you trade with a lock

rid писал(а) >>

Most likely, the author of such a post is an employee of a kitchen DC or a co-owner.

Restrictions by the DC on the time of holding a client's position are from the same series of bans on locks.

And other prohibitions, like the prohibition for some brokerage companies to enter into counter positions. VCs are prohibited to take opposite positions in different accounts.

Greed of brokerage companies owners has no limits. And to increase the income - we need to prohibit those tricks that allow traders to earn.

But the prohibition has to be justified. And then there are such forum visitors on the scene.

Who "take care" of poor DTs and give absurd arguments such as the above quote "- but this is not a trading strategy, but a strategy for DT cheating.

Suppose there are two clients who play the same way - both lose or both win. Where is the profit of brokerage company in spread? If one client wins and the other loses - the spread at brokerage company. As a precaution, there is always spread in case of lots, regardless of brokerage companies' behavior. There are 19 sheets of lochs in this thread. Some suckers will use loks in accessible brokerage companies that do not care about American bans.

In the meantime, there is a thread which is a technical extension of this thread 'Exchange of data between two EAs running in different terminals'.

then there will be a topic 'how to live without cheating?"

A positive feature of loco, which nothing on MT4 can replace, is the ability to partially close a position.

mql4com >> :
The positive feature of loco, which cannot be replaced by anything on MT4, is the ability to partially close a position.

What's worse than the regular one?