NFA bans locking from 15 May 2009 - page 21

komposter писал(а) >>

A pending order on the short side is a SL. There is no point in opening in the opposite direction, the result will not change.

You misunderstand me - the pending order follows the price at some distance. Although I'm not going to prove anything. Everyone has his own opinion about taking a loss.

komposter >> :

Bullshit.

What protection? What breakeven? What demolition order?

Oh, don't throw around words like that...

This is one of the advantages of loco compared to netting.

I'm using it myself with a positive lock...

This is one of the basic rules of positioning that allows one to make profits, and to close the position logically, for example the mid-day run has been reached.

Or the newsflow "dies out" and risks to make a U-turn.

* then I could write a half-page post, but I don't see why I should.

komposter >> :

Buy in, predict a pullback, action:

- close buy;

- Open a sell.

Standing in the sell, predicting a continuation of the main move, actions:

- close the sell;

- open buy.

The difference of the stock tactics is only in actions; the sense and result do not change.

The argument has turned to LOC - good or bad. And this is just a tool. There is an axe, there is a chisel. You may or may not use what you have. Whoever is more comfortable, more convenient, etc. Naturally, mathematically LOC does not give any gain (even maybe a small loss). But the important point here is exactly the action.
And if we do not predict the pullback? But "predicting" a spike (defending against it)? Then a pending LOC with a stop in the continuation of the basic movement will guarantee that the movement will be saved and the opening of two new positions may not take place at the same levels due to different reasons (technical breakdown, trade requotes) and we just need to follow up (except for mechanical trading or related orders). And if the movement does not continue, the LOC will remain a stop.

kombat >> :

Ouch! Don't throw around words like that...

It's one of the advantages of loca giving security compared to netting.

I'm using it myself when it's positive loco...

This is one of the basic rules of positioning that allows one to make profits, and to close the position logically, for example the mid-day run has been reached.

Or the movement on the news "dies out" and risks a reversal...

* then i could go on with a half-page post, but i see no reason to do so *

Andrei described a perfect case of swinging! in terms of swinging he's right... ( of course by rudely calling the posting nonsense )

when the zigzag is in progress, it will exit the mid-term and go into a correction and (3) return to the mid-term again

*** but that's if he is at (3) this time at the keyboard - when he needs to turn around again *** and assuming the forecast is super ***

If he goes to bed, there will be no medium term, he will only exit with a profit, which could be large

and a pulled order (if it is supported by a stop loss), which has not reached its swing goal

( it is necessary to admit, that when trader is in position, he sleeps, eats, goes to the shop, has a rest etc.)

so he did not understand my logic completely

well, people were splitting up :)) 21-a page

NFA men got together, thought about what to give out, because everyone is fighting the crisis, and they need to show something, maybe to the Senate or Abama

well someone had a bright idea:

- Why don't we ban the Loki? :)

- ahahaha, nice one, well done, come on! it doesn't affect anything, but no one will say we didn't do anything! :)))

That's all settled, and soon you will start killing each other, proving something to each other with bubbles...

kombat >> :

This verbiage is backed up by the fact that the vast majority of managers trade on netoplatforms.

(For it's kind of cool, and sometimes it's just a habit of dilling...)

From this it is quite logical to conclude about the % ratio...

And the vast majority of small traders are on MT which has a lock. Do you want to sound out the percentages?

FION >> :

You don't understand me - the pause paces the price by some distance. I'm not going to prove anything, though. Everyone has his own view on taking a loss.

I'll translate - SL follows the price at some distance.

The result is identical.

Prival >> :

Addendum. It is possible to build a mega lot with locks, provided there is zero margin for locking.

That, I believe, is what locks are banned for.

kombat >> :

Ouch! Don't throw around words like that...

It's one of the advantages of loca giving security compared to netting.

I'm using it myself when it's positive loco...

This is one of the basic rules of positioning that allows one to make profits, and then it reaches the end of its logical form.

Or the movement on the news "dies out" and risks reversal...

* After that I could write half a page post, but I have no reason to do it.

I am not throwing words, I have supported my opinion with order placement of the described situation.

I look forward to a constructive response.

Xadviser >> :

The argument turned to LOC - good or bad. And this is just a tool. We have an axe and a chisel. We may or may not use what we have. Who is more comfortable, more convenient, etc.? Naturally, mathematically LOC does not give any gain (even maybe a small loss). But the important point here is exactly the action.
And if we do not predict the pullback? But "predicting" a spike (defending against it)? Then a pending LOC with a stop in the continuation of the basic movement will guarantee that the movement will be saved and the opening of two new positions may not take place at the same levels due to different reasons (technical breakdown, trade requotes) and we just need to follow up (except for mechanical trading or related orders). And if the movement has not continued, the LOC will be just a stop.

I'm not arguing whether lock is bad or good.

I have laid out my considerations and pros and cons, some have even discussed.

And all the actions described are solved by SL, TP and pending orders.

I have nothing against using the "tool" by anyone, and I have already stated my opinion - I am against locking within the same strategy (except for items 1 and 2).