Fibonacci levels: myth or reality? - page 5

gpwr >> :

Except when they start comparing the market to nature, it's pseudoscience.

it's not pseudoscience... it's a hypothesis... is it appropriate to make hypotheses in science?

yes, they should be tested before applying them... I have statistics on the levels that I collected before applying the levels in practice... but I'm afraid you won't be happy with it... it doesn't suit me either... that's why i stopped trading at the moment and am trying to find something else more reliable... but i still have confidence in Fibo... I just can't yet prove (to myself first and foremost) that this confidence is not false...

FOXXXi писал(а) >>

I've been aware of onyx and your developments. Developments are good, of course, but... Where are the results? Maybe a link, because it's not very good - "Got it down to about $36... and then I stopped monitoring the situation. Not enough time. But I know there are people who are rebuilding the account..."

I take it there won't be any predictions.

In the Gartley thread... look it up. Somewhere in the beginning... Predictions have been shown repeatedly... If every time this thread arises to give out another prediction, then.... that's weird. Look in the Gartley thread and the predictions and stats have been... I think that's enough.

If you need continuous forecasts to trade then sorry, you're going to the wrong place... but there's a project called Open Signal on the multipoint portal... It gives signals in real time. Take them and trade. But these are not forecasts, but real signals based on I don't know what, probably on Adverse Tactics... And there's a program developed by a commodity trader that trades on these signals...

Here's part of the current markup that's currently trading...

The 50 fib from the higher level almost matched the 261 fibo. The rebound was traded to 1.8410. And it has already closed.

On higher timeframes the image is even more interesting, but this picture should be watched not in this brokerage company, but in FxPro. In FxPro the market opens early on Monday and interesting movements were shown in the first two hours, which are working very well now...

And here at FxPro, but this is only part of the movement:

Here the zigzag has automatically adjusted to the rhythm of the market, so it shows more fibs. The parameters of the zigzag in this case are 9-8-3.

nen >> :

In the Gartley branch... take a look. Somewhere in the beginning... Predictions have been shown repeatedly... If every time this thread comes up to give out another prediction, then.... that's weird. Look in the Gartley thread and the predictions and stats have been... I think that's enough.

If you need continuous forecasts to trade then sorry, you're going to the wrong place... but there's a project called Open Signal on the multipoint portal... It gives signals in real time. Take them and trade. But these are not forecasts, but real signals based on I don't know what, probably on Adverse Tactics... And there is a program developed by a commodity trader that trades on these signals...

You're evading, comrade. You know what I need your predictions for. And I can make signals by Adverze myself. It has a good reason, not like fibs, pulled by the ears. No matter how you spin it, the price will reach somewhere. 23 or 38, no matter. And if it is between them, then you can ignore it, right?

nen >> :

The rebound was traded to 1.8410. And it has already closed...

There was a bounce already.And already closed.So where will price go NOW? Where do we open and where do we close?

The orintires are down. One of the levels is now around 1.78. I can't tell you when we'll get there now.

One more thing. The rebound to 1.841 was traded as a hedge. In fact, the main positions are now lower and directed down. At 1.85 the drawdown was critical. I did not close the positions at the stop ... one of the reasons for that decision is the 161 fib level at about 1.848...

Pound forecast.Sell 1.5025.Target is a figure low.

What is the proof that any system works? - Nothing. Because any system can start leaking. So it's not really correct to ask for proof. nen has his own method, which he associates with Fibo levels. Why everybody likes Fibo levels is not clear, because we can use any levels between them.

If we set the question if there are some universal levels, which are more frequently repeated. Then the answer provided by the author is: there are no such levels. Therefore Fibo levels, like any other, are a figment of our imagination.

If we ask whether there are levels that are calculated adaptively based on the previous movements, it is impossible to say neither yes nor no. It all depends on the adaptivity algorithm. But again, it has nothing to do with Fibo levels.

The market is changing, there are no permanent patterns, there are long term and slowly changing patterns.

Reshetov spared no time and created a public grail toy, where everyone can create his or her own grail (particularly on Fibo levels). This toy is very similar to neural networks. And frankly, it is.

It is not easy to understand whether we have a randomness or some kind of regularity in front of us. But there are statistical methods that are more reliable.

About zigzags: the simple fact is that if you randomly flip one time between all extremes, the system will be profitable...

FOXXXi >> :
Pound forecast.Sell 1.5025.Target is figure low.

Adjusting the forecast. Closing the position.

Fibs, waves, fractals, "fear", "low" TFs, etc. are just a way of orientating on the ground and a kick to make a decision.

FOXXXi писал(а) >>
>>Fibs, waves, fractals, "fear", "low" TF, etc. are just a way of orienting on the terrain and a kick to make a decision.

The question is, if instead of 23.6, 38.2, 50 and 61.8 for example 20, 40, 60 and 80 or some other equidistant level were used, would it be less successful? By analogy, in Europe they use kilometres to mark up roads and in America they use miles. But nevertheless they are orientated on both continents with equal success.