The perfect entrance. What does it look like? - page 6

C-4 >> :

1) A good entry is not one that is closer to the stop, but an entry immediately after which price moves in the right direction.

2) What do levels, channel boundaries and fractals have to do with it? The system may not use these or any other indicators and have efficient entrances.

3) And this is completely out of the question. I remember my first real (no micro-mini and other stuff) was of this opinion! I suffered a month of insomnia because of the narrow feet. But then I understood that a narrow stop means the possibility of more frequent stop execution, which means more losses in the aggregate.

Your definition is useless, it's like saying "a good entry is the one that makes me more money". Who would argue.

2) I said, for example. You can use anything, fractals, trend lines or a reverse signal. You can flip a coin.

3) It's not about narrow stops, it's about making sure you understand where and what you're betting for. If you don't understand that, a wide stop will not help.

C-4 писал(а) >>

1) A good entry is not one that is closer to the stop, but one immediately after which price moves in the right direction.

I do not agree with this. You can also enter Buy when the price is going down, if you are sure that it will go up afterwards. There is such a strategy.

Perfect means that it could not have been better. For any timeframe, there is an ideal buy and sell entry at the extremes of that timeframe. An ideal trade can also only be defined for a certain period of time - it is the maximum - minimum during this time, and the buy or sell depends on what has gone before. That is why functions Highest and Lowest show the best entry (ideal) buy and sell for any time interval)). Outside of time there is no ideal.

Z.U. It is important what is the measure of the ideal. If profits, that's one thing, if profits/losses for example, that's a little different.

C-4 >> :

Answering the question. A perfect entry looks like this:

Question: "What strategy should I use to use the perfect entry?"

Answer: "Apply a strategy based on hindsight trading."

Question: "What is hindsight trading?"

Answer: "It's trading based on a known history or price chart, i.e., trade backwards in time rather than forwards (you will hardly make any money, but you will not lose any, and the sporting interest will still be there)".

Question: "Which indicator should I use to find an ideal entry point?

The answer: "Use the High (Low on Buy) value of the price bar as an indicator when selling. This is currently the most effective indicator in hindsight."

Hm... "hindsight trading" and so on /too much bullshit! In my short life on the FOREX, I shook hands with Kolya Morzhev three times... I ended up with a "zero balance" (profits=losses)... And I understood that nothing is "impossible", that all analysts are wrong... and so on... That "hedging" = "sucking"...

Avals >>:
Идеальный это значит что лучше нельзя было.

It was, it was, it was

But it's gone.

Uh-oh,

Uh-oh.

What's the point of putting it like that?

Goose писал(а) >>

It was, it was, it was

But it's gone.

Uh-oh,

Uh-oh.

What's the point?

The point is that the ideal is only a retrospective notion based on maximization of some functional on history (e.g. profit) :) In short, when there is already something to compare and by what parameters.

Avals >> :

The point is that the ideal is only a retrospective notion based on maximisation of some functional on history (e.g. profit) :)

Scholasticism.

I thought we were discussing real trading, not the possibility of parallel lines crossing.

I could argue with the definition of what "ideal" is, but I won't.

Deal: perfect is the best.... feature on history.

:)

>> orchestrated when there's already something to compare and by what parameters.

And 6 pages of discussion on this one :)

Goose писал(а) >>

Scholasticism.

I thought we were discussing real trade, not the possibility of parallel lines crossing.

I could argue with the definition of what 'perfect' is, but I won't.

Deal: perfect is the best.... feature on history.

:)

When there's already something to compare and by what parameters.

And 6 pages of discussion of this :)

This scholasticism leads to simple conclusions:

you have to decide what your ideal is.

If it is profit for example, then there is no ideal input, only an ideal trade and only for a given timeframe

Of course you can try to view the ideal input, as an ideal ("best") idea that you do not know how it will be realized. But in this case we need to invent by what criteria the ideas should be compared and it will come down to ideal reflections about the reasons that caused the entry into the position))) Practice is the criterion of truth and the ideal is a function of the maximum according to your criteria

Here's a most retrospective EA with perfect entries on history, just from the grail posts

Files:

Avals >> :

Of course, one can try to think of the ideal entry as the ideal ("best") intention that is not known how it will be realised. But then you have to figure out by what criteria to compare the intentions and it will come down to an ideal reflection on the reasons that prompted to enter the position))) Practice is the criterion of truth and the ideal is a function of the maximum according to your criteria

Exactly those criteria are NOT my criteria. I am saying exactly the opposite of what you attribute to me.

If practice is your criterion too, then tell me, in terms of that practice, what would be the ideal entry for you at the time of opening a position?

My answer is the one with the least risk. Because, as you rightly pointed out, the intent (profit) is not known how it will be realized. But we can assess the risk quite objectively, in pips, if we have a TS, of course.

In general, I have never heard the concept of "ideal" interpreted solely in hindsight. "Ideal" does not depend on history. It is timeless :)

Amen