MetaTrader does not reflect reality ! How can I fight this ? - page 11

I can't understand what all the fuss is about. Today's broker conditions twenty years ago would have seemed fantastically favourable:

Client: I would like to open an account with you. But I don't want to pay a commission.

Broker: Please! You will only pay the spread, so you can forget about the commission.

C: I would like to avoid slippage and have trades executed immediately.

B: Sure, your trades would be executed immediately.

К. I would also like a robot to trade for me.

Б. Sure, a robot can trade in our brokerage company.

К. In general, the robot will trade very reactive and may trade for 5 or 10 minutes and take 8-10 points profit.

Б.(already shaking) Sure! We would be glad if we could pay your trading robot from our pocket because it is so smart!

And I don't have any money. All I have is 5 quid and maybe 10 if I try.

Б. R: (remembering heavily his big Western counterparts) It's not a problem at all. Trade with us for a few cents, we'll be glad. And what kind of commissions you can bring us!

Prival >> :

The graphical interface is an order of magnitude better.

There are linked orders, 1 button rollover,

my favourite ticks.

Has an open API - this, as I understand it, gives an opportunity to process incoming information in other programming languages already known and tested,

placing part of the code directly on the servers,

"stock market" ...

http://nordfx.com/ru/strategy_runner_platform_questions.html

http://www.brocompany.ru/trading-platform/strategy-runner/

Rosh you are a very experienced trader, install the program and feel the difference, it's not perfect, but not everything done there is rubbish and not worthy of attention.

I'm not so sure about the quality of the program, but it's not perfect, not everything is rubbish and not worthy of attention. But I want to repeat once again, no trading platform gives so much power to a trader as MT. But i want to reiterate that no other trading platform gives so much power over a trader, no MT. Here is to me a horrible link http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=70582 and that's what the kitchens can use, i think you know about it.

Basically what I need as a trader is a terminal

1. as a reliable provider of quotes in a convenient format. Very reliable!!!

2. Guaranteed. 100% order execution (I send a unit command to buy, he buys, sell, he sells). And I am not interested in problems of DT, he gave me a price, I agreed, everything is settled. And in MT the interesting part starts here )))

3. Connection to high-level language, in which I will do the processing (matcad, matlab) and will be able to protect my program

I have some strange doubts. I fear for my folder.

Prival >>

Basically, what I need as a trader is a terminal

1. As a reliable provider of quotes in a convenient format. Very reliable!!!

2. Guaranteed. 100% order execution (I send a unit command to buy, he buys, sell, he sells). And I am not interested in problems of DT, he gave me a price, I agreed, everything is settled. And in MT the interesting part starts here )))

3. Connection to a high-level language, in which I will do the processing (matcad, matlab) and will be able to protect my program

By and large you don't need a terminal :)

You need a price feed and guaranteed execution of trade orders. In this case, all the logic should be done on your side to attach the mathematical packages, because no terminal wants to understand the language of Matkad and Matlab (and you are not satisfied with the language of the terminal) and all the orders are guaranteed to be executed directly on the trade server. However, it is not clear how the trade orders will get to the trade server, given all the unreliability of the Internet.

It seems to me that you have not yet found the ideal terminal and will not find it any time soon.

Rosh писал(а) >>

Basically, you don't need a terminal :)

You need a quote feed and guaranteed execution of trade orders. In this case, all the logic should be done on your side to attach the math packages, because no terminal wants to understand Matkad and Matlab language (and you are not satisfied with the language of the terminal) and all the orders are guaranteed to be executed directly on the trade server. However, it is unclear how trading orders will get to the trade server, despite the unreliability of the Internet.

I think that the ideal (as you understand it) trading terminal has not found yet and will not find it soon.

You are right, there is no ideal, but one may strive for it.

- The problems with Net can be solved (triple redundancy, as they do in vital systems). The best solution of course is to host the EA on a trade server, but then I have to be able to protect my code (part of the code), no matter how many people are convinced that disassembling (dumping) solves everything, code protection exists through the logic of work.

- The quote rocker is basically IDLe(http://www.akmos.ru/software/), it is the very first DC I started working with, and still consider it the best.

For the ticks please do. I know it is load on servers, but i really need it, here is an example of my trading from yesterday.

Powerful movement, I flipped, but as I work on the minutes, I was late. I took a loss on the trade and analysis shows this moment. When I was working on ticks, here are the patterns of this section

And here are the ticks in this time frame

I could have had time to roll over, and get a profit on the 3rd trade + enter the 4th trade earlier (the profit would have been even bigger).

Although, I'm an idiot, I should have only put in buy. But nothing is ahead of us. This is still testing.

yes this gap is a good example of the importance of ticks

why not make a tick history in MT5 at least for 6~24 hours

a day of tick history would be an optimal compromise - and the technical load is normal, and the tickomancers would be half-satisfied

in mt5 there is only one timeframe m1 and the others are derivatives of it, and the tickovolume would be a separate TF

For some brokers the tick volumes quite adequately reflect the situation:

sab1uk писал(а) >>
..да уж этот гэп показательный пример важности тиков..

All right, we traced the gap on the ticks. Who's going to let us open on it?

granit77 >> :

All right, we've traced the gap in ticks. Who's gonna let us open on it?

You said you didn't read my stupid posts.

It's not about gaps trading, it's about adaptivity.

because of the price gaps, the indices appear to be out of phase

even if you make a triple channel to collect ticks, even the most sophisticated broker fails

Prival писал(а) >>

In my opinion, you need such a style of trading, such a TS that would allow you not to cling to every pip or every tick - because no nerves are enough to fight with the market and with DC "for your bloody 1 pip or 1 tick" every day. I'm telling you as a "psychotherapist" - nerves are more expensive than any money......)))))

LeoV писал(а) >>

I think you need a trading style, a TS that would allow you not to cling to every pip or every tick - because no nerves are enough to fight the market and the DC every day.

I agree that everyone has his own style. I think everyone has their own style and you should evolve it over years. But I wish there's no misconception, if a person analyses a tick he is a pipser (or whatever. Generally put a small TP). I build the system differently (the ideal is a fully flipped system), but there are zones I don't know, so it does not work.

ATS should decide when to exit the market (I don't use TP and SL), it is a kind of analog of a stop, but virtual. But there is a one-minute candlestick of 2.5 figures. And virtual stops will work only if you analyze ticks.

As for the virtual ones, they may work with one or another day and feel good. I cannot tolerate drawdowns, not in any way. I want to do it in such a way that no one point went against me after I had entered the deal. I.e. my first aim is not to lose, and let me worry about profit.

Prival писал(а) >> I can't tolerate drawdowns, not in any way. I want to do so that there would not be a pip against me after I had entered the deal. I.e. the first task is not to lose, and we'll deal with the profit if there is one.

I understand you, but it's not realistic. Drawdowns are a common thing in trading. You just have to get used to it. Otherwise, you can search all your life and never find it - but you want to live now....)))))