Who has what kind of iron? - page 9

Hi, been away for a while...
Two laptops, two desktops and one elderly dual core server in the basement. Still production on vps.

By the way, sabluk, you're a pain in the arse to change your avatar.

mamma >> :
By the way, sabluk, you're a pain in the ass to change your avatar.

Not trendy, I'm changing it for the sake of secrecy.

>> my iron.

Score!!!

C-4 >> :

appreciate your humor

less is more. no one is arguing.

1 can afford it because

I earn my living professionally - and if I can afford it, I want to have a good tool.

wouldn't a good carpenter dream of a nice German BOSH drill - instead of a run-down "domestic" one

Do you prefer Lada Kalina ? I prefer a passable comfortable Hoda CRV

although it is possible to create masterpieces with an axe without a single nail - God help me

2 so I don't have to upgrade for some years

Skip 2-3 upgrades ( from my friends experience ) I am actually saving my money

---

I purchased it not only for MQL4 programming

this is only one of the areas and for that, not counting optimizations, I have enough even

an old laptop with a gig of memory

---

Please suggest a laptop model that fulfils the following criteria:
1. Low cost (not necessarily the latest models)
2. Long battery life.
3. a screen, preferably 15,6.

What does the battery life of a laptop depend on? (apart from the number of cells in the battery)

Prival:

If only the iron were to solve the problem at hand. How simple it would be.

What a piece of hardware

chief2000: What does the battery life of a laptop depend on in principle? (besides the number of cells in the battery)

The battery life, as practice shows any battery loses half of its capacity after a year or half a year, my netbook a year ago had 8-9 hours of battery life when watching video, now it's 2.5-3 hours. Better look for options to work with additional power sources, I'm on the road now helps this power supply:

http://www.ret.ru/tov_inf.jsp?gid=795234&name=Blok_pitaniya_dlya_noutbukov_12V_avtomobilniy_3Q_C080-MU08N

I think if you buy a higher capacity battery, after a year of use it will be a pity for the money spent

SZZY: google with query: laptop tests site:ixbt.com

I don't get it. What's wrong with the "AMD vs Intel" thread? Everything is fine there, with tests being sorted out...

IgorM:

The battery life, as practice shows any battery loses half of its capacity after a year or half a year, my netbook a year ago had 8-9 hours of battery life when watching video, now it's 2.5-3 hours. Better look for options to work with additional power sources, I'm on the road now helps this power supply:

http://www.ret.ru/tov_inf.jsp?gid=795234&name=Blok_pitaniya_dlya_noutbukov_12V_avtomobilniy_3Q_C080-MU08N

I think if you buy a higher capacity battery, after a year of use it will be a pity for the money spent

SZZY: google with query: laptop tests site:ixbt.com

You could in principle get another battery straight away, it's not much money.
What's the hardware to choose from? Is it possible to say that the more powerful the CPU, the higher the battery consumption?
If yes, how significant is it?
An example to compare i3 - i5 - i7.