News: 5th digit in quotes - page 4

I do not quite understand the joy of some "signatories".

I assure all present that the DCs are not doing it for the traders' convenience and profit!

Especially impressive is the above quote: "...but from the brokerage companies. They also have to survive.

AH! Poor dealing centers! How we sympathize with all of them!

Prival! Don't you think it's funny?

Korey писал(а) >>
Everything is good, but the spread can be made with any precision without changing the digit capacity of the quote.

Unlikely. Swap by swap, but Bid and Ask are quoted independently. No matter how you slice it, you cannot get 0.00018 from two quadruple digits by subtraction. The digit capacity will have to be increased anyway.

Sync by honeybunny

No it is not. DC has competition. Because of our success they have started to widen the spread. +- Lapot. And now it (spread) may not be so thick, that's the first thing. And the second, the number of ticks has increased. Gone are the holes in the history, the indicators will be smoother.

And for your information, there are already long time ago there are brokerage companies that give 5 digits. And this is news to you )))) that's funny

not to increase the digit capacity of the quote would be as follows:
Bid-Ask+ commission of the DC (in fractions of a pt),

By the way - a digit of +1 creates problems for the Strategy Tester
Who has his own tester wins

Prival писал(а) >>

rid

It is not funny. DCs have competition. Because of our success they started to widen the spread. +- Lapot. А

Strange that you haven't noticed the contradiction .

Well, yes - competition... And to get ahead of their competitors, DTs are widening the spread...

That's an interesting thought. Fresh... I see your concern for the poor owners of DT

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe for five digit quotes it would be a useful trick:

int init()
{

if(Digits == 5)
  {//Для котировок с 6-ти значн. нумерацией
   TP = TP * 10;
   SL = SL * 10;
   TrailingSt = TrailingSt*10;
   и т. д. .....
   } 
}
//------------------------------

Either use int digits=MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_DIGITS);

The problems with the tester appear to be as follows:

the number of ticks in the +1 digit increases by an order of magnitude,
this means that the "all ticks +1" model will be 10 times heavier, i.e. even high-speed computers will choke on an honest "all ticks" model.
And if you don't generate all ticks, you will get incomplete testing.
so another data model is added.
like this
!checkpoints"
"all ticks" // volume of tick stream as it was
"all ticks +1" // volume of tick stream x10 times

rid писал(а) >>

I'm surprised you haven't noticed the contradiction .

Well, yes - competition... And to get ahead of their competitors, DTs are widening the spread...

That's an interesting thought. Fresh... I see your concern for the poor owners of DT

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe for five digit quotes the reception will be useful:

You've got it all wrong. They widen the spread, because traders who are pipsing them.

But they cannot widen it much, because of competition, traders will go to others.

Hence the logical conclusion to make floating spreads and not so rough. Suppose not 10 points of the old ones, but 9.8.

But the economic crisis and traders' outflow will choke brokerage companies, and they will go back to tricking them by offering better spread conditions. Just imagine in a year or two. The spread is not as it is now 0.0002, it is 0.00002. Is it worse?

traders for the brokerage company are a flow of buy orders against a flow of sell orders
In order to satisfy them brokerage companies slightly manage quoting, so that they overlap these two flows and not to bother the boss.
I.e. the increased digit capacity is needed to more fully exclude situations when the dealer cannot satisfy the order.

Prival писал(а) >>

You've got it all wrong. They widen the spread because traders, those who are pipsing, are harassing them.

But they cannot widen it much, because of competition, traders will go to others.

Hence the logical conclusion to make floating spreads and not so rough. Suppose not 10 points of the old ones, but 9.8.

But the economic crisis and traders' outflow will choke brokerage companies, and they will go back to tricking them by offering better spread conditions. Just imagine in a year or two. The spread is not as it is now 0.0002, it is 0.00002. Is it worse?

Maybe you are right. It is possible.

Korey писал(а) >> the number of ticks in digit +1 increases by an order of magnitude,
Why? As it was 15 thousand ticks per day, so it will remain.