Asking for advice from knowledgeable people. About hedging to avoid MS - page 4

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

Leo, answer the topic question :))

:)) Theorist...

LeoV wrote >>

Actually, in order not to lose MK - you need to follow the MM and not to open with unlimited lots. As correctly written Matemat, on a 1000 dollar depo to open with 0.4 lot and wait for minus 200 pips - only kamikaze can do it - 'Again, for newbies or black Monday 25.11.2008 for me! ))))) For a $1000 depo 0.1 lot is already on the verge of foul )))) Therefore, it is unreal to discuss about getting the MC after 200 pips after the opening ))))) In other words, if there is a loss, we have to fix it and analyze why we incurred this loss, fix it and move on. A loss is not the worst thing in this life and if you can understand why you made a loss and correct it, it will be no big deal ))))).

Theory is a good thing, if you use it correctly and do not get into the derby, trying to discover the next America )))))

You have to hedge with other instruments - that would be hedging. As it is, it's a perversion, not a hedge....))))) The question needs to be posed correctly. Not -

NProgrammer wrote(a) >> I'm probably just dumb, but I still can't think of a scheme to hedge to avoid a margin call and come out of the situation better than when the decision was made?

а -

NProgrammer wrote(a) >> I must be dumb, but I still can't think of a scheme to hedge to avoid a margin call and come out of the situation better than when I made my decision?

Then the answer would have been ))))

NProgrammer писал(а) >> I've had only 3 losing trades of more than 2000 during a year... :))

Still, along with LeoV, I'm dumb too. How can you ask such a question in such a profitable trade? Or do you not put any stops at all?

Hi, I'm taking a clean short position... It might not be 0.1... but like 3x10K... I trade from the following formula 3000 -> lot 0.1 ( 10K) x6 (max) .... 6000 -> 20К.... In this case it holds 500 pips of net position. Approximately.

This is where I don't understand anything. But if you hold 500 pips, the aggregate lot is still a bit large. Even 0.1 EURUSD on $1K depo allows you to hold almost twice as much.

LeoV писал(а) >>

Theory is a good thing, if you use it properly and stay out of the derby, trying to discover the next America )))))

You need to hedge on other instruments - then it's hedging. Otherwise, it's a perversion and not a hedge....)))))

:)) Leo tell that to the traders... Everything is hedging, only one is popularly called "lock" :))

So on the subject... Leo? How to lock? :))) or increase the account? What's the right PRACTICE... to eat. And feed the babies? :))

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

:)) Leo tell that to the traders... Everything is a hedge, only one is popularly called a "lock" :))

So on the subject... Leo? How to lock? :))) or increase the account? Which is the right PRACTICE... to eat. And feed the babies? :))

Don't mix things up - locking is not hedging, and hedging is not locking. They are different things. That's why they are called different words. If you see it as a hedge - then I congratulate you on this great insight! ))))

In practice I hedge on different instruments, with different TS that give drawdowns not simultaneously, but in sort of a counter-phase. And I don't do such a bullshit like locking as hedging and hedging as locking. Your inflamed brain might have thought of such a discovery. Get cured, then you can think )))))

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Still, along with LeoV, I'm dumb too. How can you ask such a question in such a profitable trade? Or you don't put any stops?

I do not understand anything. But if you hold 500 points, the aggregate lot is still too large. Even 0.1 EURUSD at $1K depo allows you to hold almost twice as much.

What do the stops have to do with it? M, I trade by the scheme ((B/3000)*10)x6 with double margin. :)) The scheme is called 10x6x2.... Standard pattern. :)) No miracles. As for profitability, you trade with mine and you'll have the same.

That's it gentlemen, I'm angry again.... :))

Theorists - a constant lot... :))) I'm going to die laughing... variable lot.... :)) Oh gods, how much longer do you have to peep and peep to the trough... That's it... I'm coming down with the flu, I'm afraid I can't take it anymore.... :))

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

What do the stops have to do with it? M, I trade according to the scheme ((B/3000)*10)x6 with a double margin. :)) The scheme is called 10x6x2.... Standard pattern. :)) No miracles. As for profitability, you trade with mine and you'll have the same.

That's it gentlemen, I'm angry again.... :))

Theorists - a constant lot... :))) I'm going to die laughing... variable lot.... :)) Oh gods, how much longer do you have to peep and peep to the trough... That's it... I'm coming down with the flu, I'm afraid I can't take it anymore.... :))

:)) And M, three of the losses were from a wild delight in profits - just pressed "close all" ... Otherwise ... None at all. :))

I trade according to the scheme ((B/3000)*10)x6 with a double margin. :)) The scheme is called 10x6x2....

Damn, NP, I'm sick and tired of your rickshaw, it's all the same, I don't understand anything. Come on, without these wise icons, tell me what cumulative position you derive at 10K depo.

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Damn, NP, I'm sick and tired of your rickmetics, I don't understand anything. Come on, without these wise icons, just tell me what cumulative position you're making at 10K depo.

:)) 10K -> 10000/3000=3 => 3*10=30K This is a lot. Not more than six a day... That's if you have such a small balance... Well if your balance is 50000 then 50000/4000= 12*10, 120 > 100 => 100 that's the whole arithmetic.

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

:)) 10K -> 10000/3000=3 => 3*10=30K That's a lot. No more than six a day... That's if you have such a small balance... Well if your balance is 50000 then 50000/4000= 12*10, 120 > 100 => 100 that's the whole arithmetic.

So for future readers, I'll sum it up - LOC is dope. But if you want to lock, you have to do it BEFORE :))) and not after.... In general, to avoid MCs, you need to keep the necessary capital at the ready. And do not count on the fact that you can hedge this instrument and then go out with a profit. Such hedging is also a form of fixing losses. You can hedge only until the money reaches the account. And then close the lock and wait out. That is all.

:)) Why not keep the entire amount in the account in advance, as theorists here think they don't understand shit, you just need to keep the money in the bank and not at work. :)) Theorists are mellifluous.

NProgrammer писал(а) >>

So for future readers, to summarise, LOC is dope. But if you want to lock in, you should do it BEFORE :))) and not after.... In general, to avoid MCs, you need to keep the necessary capital at the ready. And do not count on the fact that you can hedge this instrument and then go out with a profit. Such hedging is also a form of fixing losses. You can hedge only until the money reaches the account. And then close the lock and wait out. That is all.

:)) Why not keep the entire amount in the account in advance, as theorists here think they don't understand shit, you just need to keep the money in the bank and not at work. :)) Theorists are mellifluous.

Comrade, you're in the right place.)