Gentlemen, where should the money go? - page 6

In Ukraine, the situation has been further weakened by the forthcoming elections. The government has openly declared that it will not allocate funds in the near future to eliminate the negative consequences of the global financial crisis

timbo >> :

...In Murmansk, stoves and fuel reserves are especially relevant.

>>). :)) Thanks for the tip.

Mathemat писал (а) >>
Yes, things are very bad in Ukraine. Political instability, crackdowns on Russia (and the West still looks back on Russia in Ukraine), they asked for a loan from the IMF, and the price of gas is a terrible problem. Somewhere I have seen that Ukraine is in the third place according to Credit Default Swap, after Argentina and Paraguay. I wonder, where is Russia?

here's more - picking the right friends!

---

little boy - spoiled the air for the big boy (living next door to him)

and got his ass kicked!

little kid was friends with another kid who lived a few yards away - far away

The big kid didn't manage to run up and slap the big kid on the neck and smack the little kid around

walking around the yard and twitching his muscles, the "PROTECTOR" goes back to his own yard

Not daring to attack - you can also get punched, at least in the face, too

--

And the little guy stays hurt

and basically the little kid got screwed by his friend!

But the little kid doesn't want to be friends with the kid from his own backyard - because he's either stupid

or he's miscalculating the situation.

---

summer

hailstones of a ruined city

strike back

(black sea American cruiser) - but it's too late

and the cruiser's gone.

the territory is probably not for a long time resentment is a shame

---

it is important to know whom to be friends with!

Many years ago, the small folk joined the big neighbours because the small folk were oppressed!

And the choice was right!

Many years ago Ukraine also joined Russia because it was always in trouble with Poland.

and it was the right choice too

---

And friendship with a boy from the backyard! Who doesn't even respond to help!

and even cheats!

Well...

YuraZ писал(а) >> here's another thing-- picking your friends!

Stalin or someone else would say later - the ability to choose one's neighbours. You know, whoever I want, that's my neighbour.)

Here http://www.biznet.ru/forum98.html you sometimes get some interesting ideas

Mathemat писал (а) >>

Stalin or someone else would say later - the ability to choose one's neighbours. It's like I can choose who I want to live with :)

You don't choose your neighbours, you live with them, it's like choosing a mum and dad.

SergMich >> :

Here http://www.biznet.ru/forum98.html sometimes some interesting ideas pop up

Thanks. Looks like a really good forum... I'll read it tonight.

In '98 the default still happened because of our banks, which only bought GKOs ! (government bonds), they didn't invest in production. Things are different now.

Here are a couple of bond charts:

GazProm. How much did it fall? From 365 to 85...

Bonds didn't fall that much ! Yield on gazik: 10.13% at maturity. i.e. if an investor buys it now and holds it to maturity, they get 1kr at par and another +10.13% p.a. The drop is due to liquidity ... so banks sell. but we see that the fall in bonds is not so strong.

Next, we look at Lukoil:

Same pattern... Next, let's look at Lukoil: Same picture ... In 2005 I had a client and heard that Lukoil has a very long program (for 10 years) all investments are written down. Lukoil's yield: 12.1%.

Now let's take a look at the telecom sector: ( not very liquid paper ) dropped from 1r to 0,4r.

As we see the bond yields are not as strong as on the stock market. Bonds are more reliable.

For me it's better to find a portfolio... and stay in bonds. IMHO of course...

Bonds, vouchers, ... I'm not sure that's trustworthy

tim21701 >> :
Bonds, vouchers... I don't trust them.

Don't talk about vouchers...

Do banks inspire confidence in you?

They're loaded with bonds, + mortgages + home appliances on credit...

If you're interested, you can ping me... I'll tell you all about it.