[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 764

Good night!

Can someone please explain the reason. Here is the code:

Print("NormalizeDouble(Bid,8)=",NormalizeDouble(Bid,8));
  Print("Bid=",Bid);

It comes out:

2010.07.28 22:24:50     Проверка EURUSD,H1: Bid=1.2984
2010.07.28 22:24:50     Проверка EURUSD,H1: NormalizeDouble(Bid,8)=1.2984
2010.07.28 22:24:41     Проверка USDJPY,M15: Bid=87.524
2010.07.28 22:24:41     Проверка USDJPY,M15: NormalizeDouble(Bid,8)=87.524

Explain why the eura is four-digit and the yen three-digit?

Alpari terminal bild 226.

niknikolas:

Good night!

Can someone please explain the reason. Here is the code:

It comes out:

Explain why the eura is four-digit and the yen three-digit?

Alpari terminal bild 226.

Because Ptint() automatically truncates to 4 decimal places, use DoubleToStr() to correctly output double values.

FoxUA:

I don't bite or use foul language :) I have written an Expert Advisor, but I should add an error analyzer in it. I wrote an EA, but how to make sure that the server errors, etc. do not break the entire plan?
You know things are more complicated, but you are asking a super-elementary question...
And about broken plans - say specifically what kind of errors you want to handle.
So, in short - after almost every trade order sent to you by your brokerage company, you should check what it returned and then, based on this, make a decision ...

artmedia70:

Friends, just now, literally 15 to 20 minutes... noticed exactly how my DC is cheating... :) I am writing an article and at the same time I am testing my Expert Advisor on the demo, I hear the sound of connection loss from the terminal and look - it really says "No connection" down the right side. Well, I think - God is with you ... although there is a connection everywhere - the mail is received dashingly - about 20 meters so swiftly flow in...
I hear the terminal sound again - the connection appeared, I look down to the right... Right - there's the communication data. Then again the same thing: No communication -> Communication available. No connection for about 5 to 6 minutes, then I look at the chart and see the picture:

Where the first long bearish candle is - there's the first time there's no connection. The next bar (dodge-over-tombstone) - there is a connection, and the next bearish candle - there is no connection again...
As they say, you are cheating, gentlemen brokers... :) I don't really care, I've got a Buy open... but it's a bit of a nuisance.

During news releases, brokers can "make trouble".

chief2000:
During a news release, brokers can "make trouble".
Very strange news release coincides only with a long bearish bar and only during it... Then again the same strange "news" came out...when a new long down candle was formed and again only during it... The most interesting thing is that before the second long candlestick appeared down there was a dodge just behind the first bearish candlestick... That means there is a big probability of continuation of falling down, because before that one was going up... Doesn't that seem strange? After them, 49 five-minute candlesticks are already going down. That is, I have an open buy, and I cannot close it in time in profit - the whole 15 minutes. After the dodge - all the more, the connection was cut off... close as you like... The news is coming out in spurts... I'm being sarcastic... :) IMHO... This is off-topic. Victor's already killed 500,000 tons of flubs here. Let's spare his nerves... :))

artmedia70:
Very strange news release coincides only with a long bearish bar and only for its duration... Then again the same strange "news" came out...at the formation of a new long candle down and again only for its duration... The most interesting thing is that before the second long candlestick appeared down there was a dodge just behind the first bearish candlestick... That means there is a big probability of continuation of falling down, because before that one was going up... Doesn't that seem strange? After them, 49 five-minute candlesticks are already going down. That is, I have an open buy, and I cannot close it in time in profit - the whole 15 minutes. After the dodge - all the more, the connection was cut off... close as you like... The news is coming out in spurts... I'm being sarcastic... :) IMHO... This is off-topic. Victor's already killed 500,000 tons of rubbish here, so let's spare his nerves... :))

Is this a real account or a demo?

Serious brokers frankly recommend clients to stop trading 30 minutes before an important news release and resume about the same (not before) after it is published.

chief2000:

Serious brokers frankly advise clients to stop trading 30 minutes before an important news release and resume about the same (not earlier) after it is published.

It seems to me that it's the non-serious ones who are the "throwaway kitchens".

alex_r:

It seems to me that these are just the non-serious, "kitchen-skippers".

What do you mean, "scam kitchens" warn their clients about the increased risks of trading during the release of important news?

I will say this - a normal broker does not have problems with quotes and overloaded servers

alex_r:
I will say this - a normal broker does not have problems with quotes and overloaded servers

Can you name such a "normal" broker that does not have price spikes, spread widening, etc. during the publication of news?