[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 307

Gentlemen, I've got some kind of virus and now the server's down.

"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!

Please send me the right name. Thanks in advance.

Aksu писал(а) >>

Gentlemen, I've got some kind of virus and now the server's down.

"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!"AXA¶X8 p-{9yu!

Please send me the right name. Thanks in advance.

Can't you change the coding?

Vinin >> :

In CodeBase there is a script that downloads the available history for all symbols and timeframes

Do you mean this indicator VininI_MV_WPR_v1_.mq4 from https://forum.mql4.com/ru/12535/page3?

There the indirect history loading is connected with the use of the iBarShift() function.

But the description of this function says that "if there is no bar for a specified time ("hole" in the history), the function returns, depending on the exact parameter, -1 or the shift of the nearest bar".

So, it turns out that this function is passive and cannot cause paging of the required history bars to the chart from the server.

Vinin >> :

Can't you change the coding?

By the way, there is a question about text encoding.

For example, if there is no possibility to set Russian unicode encoding in Windows - is it possible to set MT4 editor to see also unicode text in Russian?

Andrei01 писал(а) >>

Do you mean this indicator VininI_MV_WPR_v1_.mq4 from https://forum.mql4.com/ru/12535/page3?

There the indirect history paging is connected with the use of the iBarShift() function.

But the description of that function says that "if there is no bar for a specified time (a "gap" in the history), the function, depending on the exact parameter, returns -1 or the shift of the nearest bar".

It means that this function is passive and cannot cause paging of necessary history bars from the server to the chart.

I am not referring to the indicator but to the script.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8411

https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/8443

>> Maybe one of them will work for you.

Maybe one of them will do.

Thanks for the scripts, but it's too cumbersome and impractical.

The task is basically elementary and seems to be vital for correct operation - to ensure correct paging of some bar from the server - if it is not available.

Have the developers never encountered this problem to write some ready-made function for this for everyone?

So why complicate traders' lives for nothing?

Andrei01 писал(а) >>

Thanks for the scripts, but they are too cumbersome and impractical.

The task is elementary and seems to be vital for correct work - to provide correct paging of some bar from server - if it is not available.

Have not developers ever faced this problem to write some ready-made function to do this for everybody?

So why complicate traders' lives for nothing?

The developers have made history download for any symbol. Not all brokerage companies store their quotes.

Service - Quotes Archive.

Choose necessary instrument and download.

Vinin >> :

The developers have made it possible to download the history by any character. Not all brokerage companies store history

Service - Quote Archive.

Select the required instrument and download it.

We are talking about the nearest history that can be downloaded manually without any problems but it does not work in automatic mode from the terminal and therefore brokerage companies have nothing to do with it.

The developers have only downloaded history from data already uploaded from the server.

In principle, it's not a trivial task to make the whole chain from the terminal to the server and back work, so shifting this daunting task to the users is of course convenient for the developer.

I don't understand what this is about. My young niece has had a cent account open for a long time. AND ONLY NOW WE NOTICED SOME BULLSHIT !

Pay attention - to the chart quotes (ASC and Bid prices)

And at the same prices in the window ORDER when trying to open a deal ! - Where the spread is taken almost 2 times more!

It looks like - clients are treated like sheep here and have been brazenly picking their pockets for a long time!

And we've only just noticed...

Or maybe I'm wrong ? Who can explain the situation?

perhaps the DC is spreading overnight, with the bid and ask for orders apparently being supplied with the new spread and the chart using the old value.