[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 177

DDFedor >> :

set as many as you need... ...so that the cycle can be set up... if I have to...

Yes, thank you!

Can you please tell me which MT4 brokerage firm receives quotes on weekends on its demo account?

chief2000 >> :

As far as I understand, you can set it to 100,000 in all cases to be sure?

For indicator ones, no size is set at all. For others, usually the minimum is set at declaration, then (when the need becomes clear) it is specified with ArrayResize . Excessive size of arrays, especially string arrays, slows down the work.

granit77 >> :

For indicator ones they don't set the size at all. For others, usually a minimum is set at declaration, then (when the need becomes clear) specified with ArrayResize . Overdimensioning of arrays, especially string arrays, slows down the work.

I used to feel a slowdown when I used a for-loop.

After switching to while() with "i--" it is almost imperceptible. But the idea is clear, we should watch the size of the arrays.

int Counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();
   int i = Bars - Counted_bars ..

I'm not sure what you mean by "indicator" arrays? - Arrays for arrows

etc.?

I had problems if I set arrays to store variable states for any "i" and

and didn't specify their dimensionality "[]".

Can you please tell me if it is possible to determine the magic number of the last closed position and if it closed on a take or stop?

Thanks in advance!

I do not know the definition of a magician.

But how the last position was closed (stop or take) can be determined.

'Useful functions from KimIV'

rid >> :

I don't know the functions with a magician.

But how the last position was closed (stop or take) can be defined.

Useful functions from KimIV'.

Is there any function for defining, for example, the lot of the last closed position, so you can change it to define a magik?

Or a function to determine the magician of the last open position)))

There are such functions. In Igor Kim's branch, there are functions for lot selection. Somewhere on the last pages there is a file with the content of the branch. Check it out - what functions might come in handy for you.

//-----------------

over here

'Useful Functions from KimIV'.

chief2000 >> :

..I'm not sure what you mean by "indicator" arrays? - Arrays for all sorts of arrows

etc.? I had problems if I set arrays to store variable states for any "i" and

didn't define their dimensionality as "[]".

Terminology here, and further in the tutorial to understand each other.

granit77 >> :

Terminology here, and further on in the textbook, to understand each other.

A Chukcha is fishing on the shore. An American submarine comes ashore, and the captain emerges from it.

He looks around, shouts down a northeast course. The boat plunged and disappeared. Some time later, a Russian submarine

a Russian submarine comes up. The captain asks the Chukcha in which direction the American submarine disappeared.

Chukcha answers:
- North-east course!
- Don't get clever with me, show me with your finger!

:)