The championship: how the leaders opened - page 5

Thank you, timbo! Serious research.

p.s. Now everyone can see that you can do more than just snide :-)

rsi >> :

Thank you, timbo! Serious research.

It's not very serious, it's more of a 'statistics joke'. But there's a little bit of truth in every joke.

Yes, the wild monkeys are strong!

Maybe we traders should not make charitable donations to the Wildlife Fund, but get subsidies from there? :)

timbo >> :

Exactly to the contrary. The lot ceiling does not allow monkeys to go into space. If there is no limit, just five to ten successful trades at most and you can go into hibernation. No human will be able to catch up with that result. If there is no limit on the lot, and the maximum stop/stake is increased to 200 (the first monkey championship had 100), the champion monkey makes only 29 deals and makes $873 thousand.

Anything that forces participants to increase the number of deals plays against the monkeys.

I don't think you're talking about monkeys anymore, you're talking about bears. And bears aren't monkeys anymore. Bears are our "beasts". :) And there's a lot to respect them for.

The lot cannot be restricted in the championship. Your "hibernation" is precisely at the lot ceiling. The ceiling creates protection in the form of a permanent lot after a zealous start. Without the ceiling, lemons go down the drain in a matter of moments.

At that time we mentioned that the loss was worse than the profit and that it is better to have a brokerage company than a dozen of great EAs.

take 705 * 10000$ we have a balance of just over 7 tiles, (which we as the owners can consider as our own with a high percentage)

If we analyse the probability of losing and not the probability of winning in the emulated monkey race

In this proportion monkeys lose less than people?

Who is more profitable for brokerage companies? monkeys or traders - oops - EAs written by software traders

YuraZ >> :

We were just talking about the fact that the loss was worse than the profit and that it is better to have a DC than dozens of great Expert Advisors.

take 705 * 10000$ we have a balance (which we as the owners may consider to be ours with a high percentage)

If we analyse the probability of losing and not the probability of winning in the emulated monkey race

in this proportion the monkeys have lost less than the humans?

Who is more profitable for brokerage companies monkeys or traders - oh - word processors written by trader-programmers ?

If these statistics were made available. I don't want to calculate the amount of 705 equity minus spread commissions with a calculator myself.

YuraZ >> :

Who is more profitable for brokerage companies? monkeys or traders - oh - expert advisers written by trader-programmers

You don't have to count for anything. Monkeys are only profitable for the one-day kitchen dealers. Normal offices are interested in having their clients play for as long as possible, making as many trades as possible (increasing the number of trades is fatal for monkeys).

Besides, marketing science says that it is much easier to keep an existing client than to get a new one, and plum oriented DC has to constantly lure new clients - this is a big burden on the budget.

timbo писал(а) >>

You don't have to count for anything. Monkeys are only profitable for the one-day kitchen dealers. Normal offices are interested in having their clients play for as long as possible, making as many trades as possible (increasing the number of trades is fatal for monkeys).

In addition, marketing science says that it is much easier to keep an existing client than to get a new one, and the DC focused on plums has to constantly lure new clients - this is a big burden on the budget.

timbo - so in your statistics - random monkeys out of 705 will divest faster and more than 707 EAs written on indicators and any tricks ?

coaster писал(а) >>

If these statistics were made available. I don't want to calculate the amount of 705 equity minus spread commissions using a calculator myself.

We have these statistics - you can just look them up on the Championship!

and it is obvious ! just go through 2006 2007 and early 2008

From this information you can see how much profit was made and how much was lost

we see how much profit was obtained in 2006 and 2007 and in the beginning of 2008!

from these statistics follows - the GRAALEM is the creation of a brokerage company!

YuraZ >> :

timbo - so statistically random monkeys out of 705 will sell out faster and more than 707 EAs written on indicators and all sorts of tricks?

I didn't think so, I started from the axiom that a good brokerage company would like to earn profit forever and it is possible only from spreads.