The concept of an ideal indicator - page 7

The solution here is simple. Determining the trend is a hypothesis. Entry/exit points = hypothesis testing.

Korey писал (а) >>

to FION

By the way, about the channel - I've been experimenting with building the channel by MA hump, it may be as a zigzag, the steps are smaller, the EA is calmer, but the channel becomes wider and the analysis is bigger.

Yes, it is easier with the channel - the forum is full of linear regression channels; I use mostly fixed length channels of 1-2-4-8 hours, the channel does averaging anyway.

to FION

Larry Williams recommends tying to the 24-hour clock.

It all depends on the strategy - I try to MTCT within a day. If you take a bigger timeframe, the approach changes, there is no need to play inside the bar. Basically, I think a portfolio approach is more correct, i.e. playing everywhere little by little.

So Larry Williams is also intraday.

Определение тренда - это гипотеза. Точки входа/выхода = проверка гипотезы

You have to choose the right analytical tools to turn a hypothesis into a theorem

You can look for indicators that give clear crossovers, you can make the machine see.
There are only two options for MTS to see what the trader sees - statistics and neuro.

In short, we can close the subject and move on to neural networks and fuzzy logic...

And what about without the laws of the market given to us in the indicators?

Korey писал (а) >>

It's a disease of advertising attracting people to the market.

They would say honestly, as it is "1000 pips in six months = very good result", but no)))

It's a very bad result. At least for me.