The concept of an ideal indicator - page 9

YurijM писал (а) >>
I suggest that for the sake of interest you list the parameters that the indicator should take into account in order to better reflect the market. For example >>1. Average daily volatility range. Implemented. And why a daily range? >>2. Percentage of it currently ( as percentage of pattern realised ) >>3. Current trading activity ( like ATR *Volume ) Decipher. >>3. >>4. Speed of price or slope of the linear regression channel Partially implemented. It's more difficult to find not the angle of slope of the channel, but the price on the border of the channel at a certain moment of time. >>5. Nearest support and resistance levels and their "strength". Implemented. >>6. Possible targets - where the price moves. Implemented (item 5, definition of levels and their strength.) >>7. Percentage of the previous wave))) The idea is interesting. Partially implemented by Fibo levels. >>8. Working hours of stock exchanges and stat parameters for them. What do you mean by the stat parameters? >>9. Displaying the news release time on the chart as an opportunity to rollback or spurt Implemented. >>10. Flat. It is in each of the above mentioned but it should be technically highlighted. It is partially implemented in item 5. >>11.Risk/uncertainty indicator, i.e. "don't get involved will kill". This, in fact, is the ideal indicator. >>Who's bigger? And really, who will give more characteristics of a perfect indicator?

let's firstly understand that it (the indicator and the market, too) does not owe anything to any of us..... secondly - you cannot predict it (and there is an even cooler opinion here: prescribe) how and where it should move based on the indicator's readings.... there is only one possibility... two.... swim in the market, based on the same indicator readings with a given statistical fidelity.... one :) lie today.....

LeoV писал (а) >>

The point is that indicators themselves never predict anything. They are not designed to do that. They are meant for searching for regularities on the market and based on those regularities, which are detected by means of these indicators, one can try to forecast the market.

didn't finish.... I was too hasty with my verbosity :(((

rider, you wouldn't happen to be able to throw in a dozen more posts of offtops, it's boring as it is.

To prival, the ACF was deliberately not to be touched. It would be too long a conversation

Prival писал (а) >>
I think there's a prototype of the perfect 'Adaptive Digital Filters' indicator here

this branch
- once again
think about the place and the role of the technical indicator in the TA (a typical glitch - supposedly all the information is in the indicator, we look only at indicators)
go over the usual mistakes in assessing the capabilities of the indicator. (for example: gives bad crossovers - so it's supposedly unnecessary)

The perfect indicator:

Super perfect is when the upper and lower limits of the probability range are still melting.

Is this a joke or is it serious?

It's beautiful, it certainly fascinates the eye

sayfuji писал (а) >>
rider, and you wouldn't happen to throw in a dozen more posts offtop, because it's boring somehow.

Offtop is when we start discussing our personal problems, but here it's not "offtop" .... What are we talking about: the "ideal"(?), have you ever thought about what is ideal in this world???... Search ...... and you will find it, honour and praise, but the world will collapse after that - I am convinced of that :)) ....

read Efremov.... not a popular author these days......

No offence to you, much less offtopic :).... but you "got what you asked for" .... profile says ))

sayfuji писал (а) >>
Is this a joke or is it serious?

It's a joke in the sense that it's not there yet.

But it's serious in the sense that it's in its second year and you can finally see the horizon of that work.
For proof of seriousness, check out the prototype 'Have you seen a drawing like this? (28.03.2007 22:34 ).