What is this programming for? - page 7

Geronimo писал (а) >>

7. Yes, the expert group may not be involved, and organize quoting (cost estimation) of the programmer in the form of bars on D1 in MT4 (this idea was proposed to managers in Cyprus by phone and explained that it costs millions (I think everyone understands where it can be applied), but they did not get to it, and I lost patience).

I.e. there was this "simple good idea"...

... Which is worth millions, but you were willing to give it away for free.

... ...which is worth millions, but you didn't have the patience to wait a little while and get those millions.

How much is it really worth?

Geronimo wrote (a).

? Who would take on the task:

Well then you take it!

TheXpert Regarding point 2...

Do you still believe in human virtue?

I'm getting more and more convinced every day that man is the enemy of man...

Read Ballistics... It describes exactly my condition...

I had an incident the other day... I have VPS hosting... but it's Russian...

There's a terminal running there...

There was a problem with it. As usual I write to tech support and they, in accordance with Russian custom, put the screws to my problems...

Well, like until you call the problem will not be solved ... (For the sake of conscience I should say that the problem arose for the first time in a year...).

I call the helpdesk... first hour in the morning... Admin says like we'll see...

asks for an IP... I hear the keypad clacking... then a muffled voice saying, "There's a TERMINAL going on... I WONDER..."

The problem was solved quickly though...

Here's the question: How did the administrator knew the password to log in, if I changed it when I registered?

Conclusion: do not trust anyone... do it yourself if possible ...

Now I have a dedicated server at home and no VPS...

I sleep relatively well...

And the thing about a hired programmer... he'll say the idea doesn't work... he'll write an advisor that he can't figure out...

and keep the original... And you in good conscience will think it was a shitty idea...

And if you give the idea to different programmers to test it, it's bullshit...

A lot of money and nerves and an unknown result...

timbo писал (а) >>

So there was this "simple good idea"...

... that's worth millions, but you were willing to give it away for free.

... that's worth millions, but you didn't have the patience to wait a little while and get those millions.

How much is it really worth?

So you take it!

I wasn't ready to give it up - now I have - but you probably don't get it

Maybe I will, maybe I won't - I'll think about it.

You're going to poke your kid, and I'm asking you to speak to me.

If you have nothing constructive to say, then don't be a sourpuss (kindergarten)

Solver.it писал (а) >>

Do you still believe in human virtue?

I'm getting more and more convinced every day that man is the enemy of man...

Read Ballistics... it describes exactly my condition...

I had an incident the other day... I have VPS hosting... but it's Russian...

There's a terminal running there...

There was a problem with it. As usual I write to tech support and they, in accordance with Russian custom, put the screws to my problems...

Well, like until you call the problem will not be solved ... (For the sake of conscience I should say that the problem arose for the first time in a year...).

I call the helpdesk... first hour in the morning... Admin says like we'll see...

asks for an IP... I hear the keypad clacking... then a muffled voice saying, "There's a TERMINAL going on... I WONDER..."

The problem was solved quickly though...

Here's the question: How did the administrator knew the password to log in, if I changed it when I registered?

Conclusion: do not trust anyone... do it yourself if possible ...

Now I have a dedicated server at home and no VPS...

I sleep relatively well...

And the thing about a hired programmer... he'll say the idea doesn't work... he'll write an advisor that he can't figure out...

and keep the original... And you in good conscience will think it was a shitty idea...

And if you give the idea to different programmers to test it, that's bullshit...

A lot of money and nerves and unknown result.

I think he even knows your motherboard number

TheXpert писал (а) >>

1. by experience. However, the unskilled ask for less...

2... You're not trustworthy, though. You cannot get that kind of assurance even from someone you know very well.

4. 5. Why not? You can try.

7. Can you tell us more about it?

That's why a quotation ranking is needed and wanted.

It is like the shares of an honest, productive company -- the share price goes up, dishonest one -- poorly qualified staff and, correspondingly, the level of development go down.

4. Yes, the questions will remain, but there will be much fewer of them and the TOR template will be constantly improving.

5. Even just having a template will allow the customer to structure his ideas

I think...

Solver.it писал (а) >>

Do you still believe in human virtue ???

YES!!!

And as for the programmer for hire. he'll say the idea doesn't work. he'll write an advisor that he can't figure out...

And will keep the original... And YOU in good conscience will think that the idea sucked...

And if you give the idea to different programmers to test it, that's bullshit...

Lots of money, nerves and unknown result...

Why does no one want to believe that the idea really sucks? Either the idea or the ToR, don't make monsters out of us.

Either you have gone to one of the unprofessionals or just a bad person.

Geronimo писал (а) >>

If you have nothing constructive to say then do not engage in snide remarks.

In other words, questions such as "who would plough and sow my garden here" and tales about managers from Cyprus are constructive and mature, while a direct answer such as "if you like to ride, you like to drive a sledge" is spiteful and childish.

timbo писал (а) >>

I.e. questions like "who would plough and sow my garden here" and tales about managers from Cyprus are constructive and mature, and a direct answer like "if you like to ride, you like to drive a sledge" is spiteful and childish.

If you are a programmer and write to order it is interesting to you to get correct ToR, but the customer can correspond with you endlessly.

>> Do you think I am not telling the truth?

If this is a statement, then you are insulting me, if the doubt that MT4 is sold by a Cyprus subdivision, then I advise you to see for yourself.