Bring the MARTINGALE to its senses. - page 7

I think that the martingel should be manually controlled by giving levels to enter. it should fix losses behind the levels, otherwise it will fall into a trend and kaput the whole deposit:)

If that was done, it would be priceless :)

Yeah, not only can he do bad things himself... ...but also with his hands)))

When used wisely, martigail is very effective.

Especially if you don't place pending orders at the outset. Instead, it is better to open additional oversized positions

not just based on specified levels, but based on the current reasoning.

Using separate algorithms for additional positions on (for example) Force indicators, APR, etc.

In addition, apparently not every tool is "equally good" for martingale.

Better suit (according to my experiments) inert, "hard" pairs.

Here's an example, a test on such a five-step "quasi-martin", m5, Kiwi, from April 1 up to today.

Lots are not doubling, they are only slightly increasing with every step.

First lot =0.05, then 0.1-0.15-0.2-0.25.

As you can see, during this time, we did not get to the last, fifth step. It means it is important to select entry conditions not only for the initial position, but also for additional positions! But also additional positions!

The Expert Advisor "works" well on a real account in 2 brokerage companies

Mathemat писал(а) >>

Is this the resource owner's new policy? I like it in principle, although I'm a fan of editing myself.

2 rid: can't you post the same report with an initial deposit of 1000? The drawdown (relative) will be increased by 50 times.

I have one with 1000.

Strategy Tester Report
MILANA-modif
........ -Real (Build 224)

Symbol EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period 5 Minutes (M5) 2009.01.02 06:00 - 2009.05.22 21:55 (2009.01.01 - 2009.05.23)
Model All ticks (most accurate method based on all smallest available timeframes)
Parameters OpenTrade=true; MM_type=1; EXP=1.9; OpenStep=5; TakeProfit=10; OrderStep=25;
Bars in history 29657 Modelled ticks 3958061 Modeling quality 90.00%
Chart mismatch errors 11
Initial deposit 1000.00
Net profit 21505.63 Total profit 48879.55 Total loss -27373.93
Profitability 1.79 Expected payoff 7.80
Absolute drawdown 76.67 Maximum drawdown 10421.60 (66.67%) Relative drawdown 66.67% (10421.60)
Total trades 2757 Short positions (% win) 1013 (76.31%) Long positions (% win) 1744 (76.55%)
Profitable trades (% of all) 2108 (76.46%) Loss trades (% of all) 649 (23.54%)
Largest profitable trade 3567.50 losing transaction -1976.00
Average profitable deal 23.19 losing trade -42.18
Maximum number continuous wins (profit) 43 (78.74) Continuous losses (loss) 8 (-1177.49)
Maximum Continuous Profit (number of wins) 7933.83 (6) Continuous loss (number of losses) -3562.00 (3)
Average continuous winnings 7 Continuous loss 2

rid писал(а) >>

Using a martigail is very effective with a sensible approach.

Especially if you don't place pending orders at the outset. Instead, it is better to open additional oversized positions

not just based on specified levels, but based on the current reasoning.

Using separate algorithms for additional positions on (for example) Force indicators, APR, etc.

In addition, apparently not every tool is "equally good" for martingale.

Better suit (according to my experiments) inert, "hard" pairs.

Here's an example, a test on such a five-step "quasi-martin", m5, Kiwi, from April 1 up to today.

Lots are not doubling, they are only slightly increasing with every step.

First lot =0.05, then 0.1-0.15-0.2-0.25.

As you can see, during this time, we did not get to the last, fifth step. It means it is important to select entry conditions not only for the initial position, but also for additional positions! But also additional positions!

The Expert Advisor works pretty good on real trade in 2 brokerage companies

It may go up to the fifth step if we trend martingale.

BARS писал(а) >>

Yeah, not only can he do bad things himself... he can also do it with his hands )))

>> don't be afraid :)

firemast >> :

he will reach the fifth step if he is trending martingale. so levels have to be put into him

Yes there are levels. But levels are only one of the conditions (not the most important one) to open each next step.

rid писал(а) >>

Yes, there are levels. But levels are only one of the conditions (not the most important one) for the opening of each next step.

you know, it's the only way to cure a losing position in a short amount of time.

firemast >> :

>> what's not the main thing?

The old army joke comes to mind: "What is the main thing in a tank? ">> etc.
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A simple Expert Advisor with a lightweight martingale can be downloaded here :
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/104481
If you want to trade on the mt4 broco on Dax or Footsie, m1, try to test the Expert Advisor online. There you can check effect of any (well, almost) tactic in conditions close to real one in two or three hours at timef=m1.
Good luck !