Multicurrency advisor. Preferably the opinion of the developers. - page 4

LeoV писал (а):

Senkyu veri macha)))))))))))))

You are too early ;)
The solution we suggest will not help you get rid of the problem.
I think it can be solved by one of 2 ways:

1. If Expert Advisor does not use the 0th bar (all indicators, prices, etc. and more): when a new bar appears at the "master" symbol (the one where the Expert Advisor has been launched), we start the analysis: for the current symbol and symbols with the latestopen time== open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #1; for symbols with the latest open time < open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #0 (this is bar #1, it's just that he doesn't know about it yet).

2. If the Expert Advisor uses the 0th bar, the only option is to wait until the opening time of the last bar on all instruments is identical. Otherwise, the analysis will not be performed as intended.

Good luck ;)

komposter писал (а): If the expert doesn't use the 0 bar.

I thought I wrote there that the Expert Advisor only uses closed candles)))))))))))) I don't use unclosed ones...... Unclosed candles are for pipsers....

komposter:

LeoV wrote (a):

You are too early ;)
The proposed solution will not get rid of the problem.
As for me, it can be solved by one of the two ways:

1. If Expert Advisor does not use the 0th bar (all indicators, prices, etc. and more): when a new bar appears at the "master" symbol (the one where the Expert Advisor has been launched), we start the analysis: for the current symbol and symbols with the latest open time == open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #1; for symbols with the latest open time < open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #0 (this is bar #1, it's just that he doesn't know about it yet).

2. If the Expert Advisor uses the 0th bar, there is only one option - to wait until the opening time of the last bar on all instruments is identical. Otherwise, the analysis will not be performed as intended.

Good luck ;)

Andrei's question was in fact about searching for the beginning of a new hour, exactly in the multicurrency !

Besides, the problem with LeoV was that he was waiting for the FULL SYNCHRONIZATION of a new hour for all symbols

which is not necessary...

i.e. he wanted to get the ticks into the new bar on all the tracked instruments almost synchronously...

and if he didn't get them he skipped the entry

- that was his mistake

the error is in the logic of searching for a new hour!

if the new hour came to USDJPY and closed the working BAR, then you understand that it came to other pairs - the difference is that the ticks in the BARs of other pairs may come with a delay

and a new hour can be considered if any of the instruments gave the first tick with the new hour

Therefore, we can assume that there is a new hour and MAY calculate on current CLOSE bars which are not closed

difference is possible, but LeoV will no longer have the problem...

----

by the way your offer to wait for the start of the hour on all pairs is also quite normal, well 10-15 seconds or a minute to wait for the start of the hour on all pairs

for LeoV is not too important... if the price goes to 100p or more...

It doesn't make much difference.

in such a situation, you should just wait for the closing of all instruments at the hour

and only then start counting ...

the logic of searching for closing BARs is just different ... by the way, there is no need to rewrite

komposter:

LeoV wrote (a):

You're sitting too early ;)
The suggested solution will not get rid of the problem.
And it will get rid of it, as it seems to me, one of the 2 options:

1. If expert does not use 0 bar (all indicators, prices, etc. are taken with index [1] and more): when a new bar appears on the "master" symbol (the one where the Expert Advisor has been started), start the analysis: for the current symbol and symbols, the open time of the last bar == open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #1; for symbols, the open time of the last bar < open time of the current symbol, we take all information from bar #0 (this is bar #1, just he does not know about it yet).

2. If the Expert Advisor uses the 0th bar, there is only one option - to wait until the time of the last bar opening is identical for all symbols. Otherwise, the analysis will not be performed the way it was intended.

Good luck ;)

An ideal solution, but, Andrew, you are not understood))

YuraZ:

the error is simply in the logic of searching for a new hour!

if the new hour came on USDJPY and closed a running BAR, then you understand that it came to other pairs - the difference is that in BARs of other pairs the ticks may come with a delay

and it is possible to consider a new hour if any of instruments gave the first tick with the new hour

consequently it is possible to consider that there is a new tick o'clock and MAY be counted by the current CLOSE of the not closed bars

----

by the way your proposal to wait for the start of the hour for all pairs is also quite normal, well 10-15 seconds or a minute to wait for the start of the hour for all pairs

for LeoV it is not too much ... if you are working on targets from 100 pips

it does not make much difference

Well it feels right to me....

Integer:
komposter:

LeoV wrote (a):

You're haywire early ;)
The proposed solution will not get rid of the problem.
And it will get rid of one of the 2 options, as far as I'm concerned:

1. If expert does not use 0 bar (all indicators, prices, etc. are taken with index [1] and more): when a new bar appears on the "master" symbol (the one where the EA is launched), start the analysis: for the current symbol and symbols, the open time of the last bar == open time of bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #1; for symbols, the open time of the last bar < open time of the current symbol, we take all information from bar #0 (this is bar #1, he just does not know about it yet).

2. If the Expert Advisor uses the 0th bar, there is only one option - to wait until the time of the last bar opening is identical for all symbols. Otherwise, the analysis will not be performed the way it was intended.

Good luck ;)

An ideal solution, but, Andrew, you are not understood))

why didn't they get it :-) they all got it .

The hour will come in any case.

the question is what to consider as the beginning of the TIC hour for ALL investigated instruments at the new hour

or a tick at the new hour in the first instrument - saying that the HOUR has arrived

---

at night you will just have to wait longer for the tick to the new bar for all instruments...

but the new hour is already here :-))) ...

LeoV:
YuraZ:

the error is simply in the logic of searching for a new hour!

if the new hour came on USDJPY and closed the working BAR, then you understand that it came to other pairs - the difference is that in BARs of other pairs the ticks may come with a delay

and it is possible to consider a new hour if any of instruments gave the first tick with the new hour

consequently it is possible to consider that there is a new tick o'clock and MAY be counted by the current CLOSE of the not closed bars

----

by the way your proposal to wait for the start of the hour for all pairs is also quite normal, well 10-15 seconds or a minute to wait for the start of the hour for all pairs

for LeoV it is not too much ... if you are working on targets from 100 pips

it does not make much difference

in such a situation, you should just wait for the closing of all symbols at one o'clock

and only then start the calculation ...

Logic of search of closing BARs is just different ... by the way with such logic there is no need to rewrite

Well it seems right to me....

both are in fact correct

the only question is whether to bother rewriting the indicators, (so that they do not count for the close of the bar in my case, but for the current CLOSE)

or not bother

Andrew suggests - do not bother

YuraZ, while writing, still haven't seen the message 21.05.2008 16:17

komposter:

1. If the Expert Advisor does not use the 0th bar (all indicators, prices, etc. index [1] and more): when a new bar appears at the "master" symbol (the one where the Expert Advisor has been launched), we start the analysis: for the current symbol and symbols with the latest open time == open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #1; for symbols with the latest open time < open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #0 (this is bar #1, but the EA does not know about it yet).

To be honest, I don't understand it. Why is this correct?

LeoV:
komposter:

1. If the Expert Advisor does not use the 0th bar (all indicators, prices, etc. index [1] and more): when a new bar appears at the "master" symbol (the one where the Expert Advisor has been launched), we start the analysis: for the current symbol and symbols with the latest open time == open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #1; for symbols with the latest open time < open time of the bar at the current symbol, we take all information from bar #0 (this is bar #1, but the EA does not know about it yet).

To be honest, I don't understand it. Why is it correct?

What Andrey means is that if you use the right symbols for your trade

it is "correct" to use closed bars!

this is correct!

But if an "Expert Advisor" knows that the new hour has come, then you can just use CLOSE - this is also correct.

but in this case, you have to rewrite indicators!

---

NOW READING ANDREW ATTENTION and realising that he is essentially PROPOSING the same thing as me :-)))

i meant that the calculation of those pairs that are late should be performed by bar = 0

and those which gave the data at the new hour on the bar = 1

this is exactly what you need to rewrite the indicators for

----

LeoV

clarify the logic

Suppose you investigate 3 pairs

EURUSD

USDCHF

USDJPY

newBar = 0;
iBarEUR = 0;
iBarCHF = 0;