Advisor based on fundamental analysis - page 9

ShestkoFF:

How's the newsgrabber thing going? Any results?

kailex:

I think it is too early to talk about spreads and slippages. First we need to collect FA history and analyse it for its regular influence on price movement. And then we can talk about the real application and peculiarities of trading, taking into account the above features of the market and brokerage companies.

You may do this at your leisure, if you have nothing better to do.

In Forex Trading the use of fundamentals is like pouring water into a bucket. Here you trade on probabilities, on small swings (as a rule not more than 200 pips, and sometimes even on pips) and forecasts are very short-term. In FA the forecasts are long-term: month, quarter, year. With big leverage such terms are absolutely unkosher, because if you wait for the forecast to coincide with the expectation, say a month, with 100:1 leverage you can just wait for a margin call. Trading on Forex news is also not very successful. More often they manage to miss on the news.

You'd better move with such projects to forums of stock or commodity markets, where there is no leverage and the main strategy is to buy and hold. At least you'll look more relevant there.

kailex:

ShestkoFF:

How's the newsgrabber thing going? Any results?

Didn't have time to do it today. I hope to do it tonight.

The most important question is, what is it all for? For forecasting, if I understand correctly. The assumption is that there will be a lag between some complex indicator and the price(s). If you scroll through this assumption, it will be obvious that there will be no such lag, because price reacts very quickly to such changes, even "overdone" sometimes. But this indicator will not be a balanced line either, because it will have its own range, correlated with the price(s). IMHO this idea has little practical application.

If you are interested, here are the imports from DailyFx from mid-2007.

Files:
data.zip  84 kb

kailex:

And how was this data obtained? Because the site only allows you to download data for 1 week. Or is there something you can do with it.

ShestkoFF:
kailex:

If you are interested, here is the import of the DailyFx figures from mid-2007.

And how was this data obtained? After all, the site only allows you to upload data for 1 week. Or is there a way of getting around it?

I assume it is simple - what cannot be done at once can be done one at a time :-)

Integer:
ShestkoFF:
kailex:

And how was this data obtained? After all, the site only allows you to upload data for 1 week. Or is there a way to do it.

I assume it's simple - what cannot be done at once, can be done one by one :-)

Were obtained like this (attachment) :) The lines were generated by a separate program, rolling back the date by weeks.

Well then they are merged in a trivial way. You can do it by hand and you can do it with a utility tool.

Files:
download.zip  2 kb

Cronex:
Hello Sergey, how can we contact you to discuss an RSI DeMarker Super Position Expert Advisor ? my address is rodoslav_malin@mail.ru thanks in advance

ShestkoFF писал (а) >>
In my opinion everything is correct. It's just that everything really lends itself very poorly to formalisation. I too would like to work in that direction at the moment.
But there is no way I can find this unfortunate story to analyse.

Maybe this would help? http://www.nwbroker.ru/statistics/