Breaking through the morning flat - page 7

I've read that and reread this thread several times too. It seems to me we are saying the same thing, but in different words, while still managing to argue. Now I also use the described system, but I have made some changes: if the chart is higher than the SMA with the period of 200 on the hour chart, then I try to break through the flat upwards and bounce from the 161 level when it breaks down, i.e. I try not to play against the trend. This is a simple filter (maybe not a good one).

Kharin:
I've read it and reread this thread several times too. I think we are saying the same thing, but in different words and at the same time we are arguing. I am also using the system described above, but I have made some changes: if the chart is higher than the SMA with the period 200 on the hour chart, I am trying to break through the flat upwards and bounce from the 161 level when it breaks down, i.e. I try not to play against the trend. Such a simple (maybe not very successful) filter.

Alpari-Demo

Investor

also a breakout system

I read it carefully. I think I got it all. I don't understand only what "MORNING FLET" means.

If you don't mind, please give me a short definition.

Is it High-Low of Asian session?

Or maybe High Low of a certain number of hours from the start of the day?

Or what ?

It seems to be strictly by eye.

Or (To YuraZ) explain, please, how the indicated entry point at the moment of formation differs from the break up an hour ago? The history shows where the price went, but at the moment of its approach to the boundary? Or is there something else that is not shown on the chart?

In the scalping variant of Paramon, the minimum width of the daily channel is set, usually 50 pips. When that channel (the high-low of the daily bar since it began) widens to the 50 pips, it is considered a breakout. But for some reason, Paramon practiced and developed his system for several years and did not reach any meaningful results.

Let's wait for YuraZ's comments

goldtrader:

In the scalping variant of Paramon, the minimum width of the daily channel is set, usually 50 pips. When that channel (the high-low of the daily bar since it began) widens to the 50p limit, it is considered a breakout. But for some reason, Paramon practiced and developed his system for several years but failed to achieve any meaningful results.

We will wait for YuraZ's comments.

---

the entry point is related to the end of the Asian session and the beginning of the European one

usually - in most cases, the beginning of Europe gives a strong momentum for the whole session

there are also false pulses - part of false pulses are weeded out by a paired movement

---

the tactic works in a volatile market - it's hard to reject a false-break!

Bookkeeper:

It seems to be strictly by eye.

(To YuraZ) explain, how the entry point at the moment of formation differs from the break-up one hour ago? On the history it is visible, where the price moved, but at the moment of its approach to the border? Or there is something else, not plotted on the chart?

this entry point is well described at www.masterforex-v.org. now the site seems to have moved to http://profi-forex.org/

i studied there :-) when i didn't understand simple things what is the difference between Ask and Bid, what is a session, what is a flat, what is a swap, what is a level

● How to better pull the feed better than there - no one explained it to me.

You can read it, but nobody explained it to me... It's always better if someone tells you what you've learned

than if you just repeat someone else's path...

there is no better school on the russian web in my opinion

it does not mean that i accept everything they write and say

lusp:

I read it carefully. I think I got it all. I just do not understand what is "MORNING FLET".

If it is not difficult, please give a brief definition.

Is it High-Low of Asian session?

Or maybe High Low of a certain number of hours from the start of the day?

Or what ?

i am calling it a flat asian session if asia is wide on such a day the tactic just does not work

i usually start the session at 0 o'clock in the terminal and the terminal is around 2 o'clock greenwich.

end of the session in summer 6 hours in winter 7 GMT i.e. really when people come to work in europe

---

testing 2008 is good.

and in the current 2008 it works - as soon as it starts to go down, you need to reverse the strategy and just switch to another Expert Advisor

you need more than one Expert Advisor.

goldtrader:

In the scalping variant of Paramon, the minimum width of the daily channel is set, usually 50 pips. When that channel (the high-low of the daily bar since it began) widens to the 50 pips, it is considered a breakout. But for some reason, Paramon, while practicing and developing his system for several years, never achieved any meaningful results.

I looked at this strategy and even wrote a couple of exposures using it - everything was perfect on a history chart - I thought TP of 20 points and 400 points a month with no drawdown. But everything is not so perfect in the Strategy Tester and in real trading.
But so far I'm not discarding this subject - it looks very good on the chart ;-)

Hello!

Can I just drop the subject a little, just to keep the conversation going?

1. You can use the iSession indicator to determine the sessions, but you have to set up the sessions there.

You can look them up on the Internet. It has both Singapore and Gong Kong. So the session can be tracked without any problems.

Why, here was a phrase such as, Traders do not immediately work as we do, they have to have a cup of coffee, exchange news and so on.

I think this is a misconception, as soon as the time comes everyone trades at once, you can tell from the movies, from the principles.

I hope you will agree with me.

2. The phrase that was on the time zone printout.

Americans and Japanese are the most aggressive players,

Europeans have the highest volumes.

3. Americans and Japanese are the most aggressive players, - "I think that's where it's all tied up in the dollar + a powerful economy. +Wall Street".

Europeans are the biggest volume. - "And that's because there's a shitload of countries in Europe, and everyone has to satisfy themselves."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line:

1:00 A.M. GMT, the Japs open, there's nobody to trade with, they're all asleep!!! What are the poor Japs going to do? That's why the morning flat shows up.

Then the Europeans come in and actively trade with the Japs while they're there.

Then the Japs leave.

The Europeans are left on their own, and then they start implementing their "Insidious" plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the plan is this:

Every day, the broker accumulates buy/sell orders on his desk.

The broker does the following: he sorts them into sell and buy orders.

And before lunch, he starts with a small pile. In the afternoon he starts with the big one.

Thereby due to the small pile he discounts/increases the price before lunch and back after.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then the AmeriCots come in, + important economic data - the tricky AmeriCots start moving.

And in the morning the Japs find out about the AmeriCorps trend and continue it.

ugh. tired...

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is all approximate matériel to be exact 1 point from the course "5 points for success in intraday trading".