Breaking through the morning flat - page 2

KimIV:
Volodya, I hope you understand that to say as you say is to say nothing. You need an argument...

Absolutely right. At what time interval did you find no inertia on the Eurobucks?

I used a similar system when breaking through the morning flat. But the positive effect was only on GBP. The group breakout was not checked there. The main emphasis was on finding the right flat.

Testing on 3 year history showed quite good results (entries were rare but accurate), but lately it's been a bit lacklustre... so I don't use it in real trading. So I don't use this system in real trading.

In the system Yuraz brought up, everything is more or less clear... Except for one important point: where to place stops? (or when to close a losing trade?) What is the take/stop ratio (profit/loss)?

For example, in my own program I used a fixed take 50 pips and the initial stop 25-30 pips, and then trawl this stop on fractal. I.e. the initial profit/loss ratio was about 2:1.

If this ratio is less than 1:1, the system is doomed to failure.

paukas писал (а):
Absolutely right. At what time interval did you find no inertia on the Eurobucks?
I have posted D1 data on the forum. Up my sleeve is the data for H1, by hour of the day. Now I know which hours of the day the movement is more likely to continue, and which ones are more likely to reverse. For H1 there is data for 13 pairs on the interval from 2001 to 2007.

KimIV:
On the forum I have posted data for D1. In the sleeve is the data for H1, by hour of the day. I now know which hours of the day the movement is more likely to continue and which ones are more likely to reverse. For H1 there is data for 13 pairs on the interval from 2001 to 2007.

But what about us ? :(

KimIV:
paukas wrote (a):
Quite right. At what time interval did you find no inertia on the Eurobucks?
I posted D1 data on the forum. Up my sleeve is the data for H1, by hour of the day. Now I know which hours of the day the movement is more likely to continue, and which ones are more likely to reverse. For H1, there is data for 13 pairs in the interval from 2001 to 2007.
Another important question. What was the movement start measured from?

paukas писал (а):
Another important question. What did you measure the onset of movement from?
Nothing. I investigated sequences (combinations) of daily and hourly bars.

Meat:
I used a similar system for breaking through the morning flat before. But the positive effect was only on the pound. Moreover, group breakout was not checked there. The main emphasis was on finding the right flat.

Testing on 3 year history showed quite good results (entries were rare but accurate), but lately it's been a bit lacklustre... so I don't use it in real trading. So I don't use this system in real trading.

In the system Yuraz brought up, everything is more or less clear... Except for one important point: where to place stops? (or when to close a losing trade?) What is the take/stop ratio (profit/loss)?

For example, in my own program I used a fixed take 50 pips and the initial stop 25-30 pips, and then trawl this stop on fractal. I.e. the initial profit/loss ratio was about 2:1.

If this ratio is less than 1:1, the system is doomed to failure.

Stop after the flat side - this stop is more psychological because the pattern mostly works

it is possible to move the stop when the level 161 is reached

i.e. if you buy on the chiff today, stop below the level of the flat

the important peculiarity here is that on a breakthrough first of all i calculate the takeoff is level 161 or higher

it is possible to enter not by one order but for example by 3 orders at once

the 1st with takeaway at 161

the 2nd with 200-261 TPF aiming for the morning flat

if the breakout goes straight through 161%, like it did today, it will most likely go to 261

take profit below 261 +50p

the important thing is that a break-down of the EUR confirmed an entry by the chiff

here's the result of the entry - by indicator

KimIV:
paukas wrote (a):
And
another important question. What was the start of the movement measured from?
From nothing. I investigated sequences (combinations) of daily and hourly bars.
From what? The inertia of a movement can be detected only by setting the starting point of the movement. For example, if the price has passed x points from the open bar, then the bar will close at y points. It is approximately like this. Or from not from an open bar, but from the extremum of the previous one, etc.

this is the short intraday FUNT criterion

1-pound breakout

2-a reversal of the euras to the lower boundary of the day

3-punch to the upper limit of the flat by the chiff

4-turn of yen from morning asia session down

Limit stopper did not work, in principle it is already unnecessary stops and takei are visible

YuraZ

Yuri, does your indicator take daylight saving time into account?