Why sell profitable EAs! - page 9

timbo:
azfaraon:

Dear Mathemat,

can you say a few words about the system from the above backtest ?
I am not a matamat, but I will say about the system that it is a total sax. 300% in 10 years ?
Buy yourself some bonds: for 10 years almost the same money, but almost no risk and certainly no hassle with DCs
At the beginning of the last century, buying the securities of Tsarist Russia was considered a similarly safe investment. And many people did.

Piligrimm:
YuraZ:

But here's the thing!

Let's say we managed to create a super MTS giving let's say 1300% for 3 months.

its EFFICIENCY has been tested many times!

And a lot of people found out about it! For example, from the championship!

And let's say those who wish to buy it from the author for $ 80,000-00$ or 100,000,000.00

Of course, the developer of such an MTS will not sell it - although he may agree to do it for a million - but that figure was not announced!

will take it over! THIS IS THE BEST!

----

SELL IT FOR 80-100k you can do it too! the only trouble is that the code will be cracked!

if you have a guarantee that the code will not be broken, you WOULD SELL it, and not just one, the author could sell it, but with a time limit, say!

but even very secure software gets broken... that's why selling such code is unprofitable

It's better to manage 10 people for 10k = 100k and let MTS work for a year... here's 200% of 100k is already clear how much will be really earned in a year

selling an MTS is unreasonable in principle, because you may gain 80-100 thousand rubles a year by using MTS for management.

that's why they don't sell MTS... like the one which on 2007 took 1 place, though I see for the first time MTS which is not sold ...

---

selling an MTS working for 1-2-3 months is reasonable and it is reasonable to buy it UNDERSTANDING that it will stop working in a while

The amount should also be reasonable.

If you do not have any idea how much money you are going to earn from MTCs, don't be too optimistic.

in response I'll just show you the real account of Alexander BETTER

http://www.viac.ru/cd/23&list=open&acc=2102

the real account runs MTC which took 1st place at the championship
modestly so works 200% half a year not 1300% in 3 months...

try telling a western investor that they will get 200% in half a year...

YuraZ:

Try telling a Western investor that he will get 200% in six months...

And a trader would do well to get a little more than 0% to keep his trousers on :)

Rosh:
At the beginning of the last century, buying the papers of Tsarist Russia was considered to be just as safe an investment. And many bought...
If you want negative examples, back at the beginning of this century buying US mortgage-backed bonds was considered a safe investment. The world markets are reaping the fallacy of this "thought" today and as a result, America may be heading for a global recession after all.

Nevertheless bonds in general and especially bonds of good countries/companies have been, are and will remain the lowest-risk investment. Bonds are also the yardstick against which the profitability of other investment products is compared.

An expert who has made 200% profit in 10 years on a test is ridiculous. Investments in bonds - the most low-risk and also the most low-yielding means of investing, for the same term yields at least 150%. So what is the risk with VCs, EAs, computers etc.?

Rosh:
At the beginning of the last century, buying the papers of Tsarist Russia was considered to be just as safe an investment. And many bought...
There is such a thing as divestment. Those who bought then, I believe, were not left worse off as a result of the last century, because they did not only buy papers of Czarist Russia.

timbo:
Rosh:
At the beginning of the last century, buying the papers of Tsarist Russia was seen as such a safe investment. And a lot of people bought...
If you want negative examples, back at the beginning of this century buying US mortgage-backed bonds was considered a safe investment. The world markets are reaping the fallacy of this "thought" today and as a result, America may be heading for a global recession after all.

Nevertheless bonds in general, and especially bonds of good countries/companies have been, are and will remain the lowest-risk investment. Bonds are also the yardstick against which the profitability of other investment products is compared.

An expert who has made 200% profit in 10 years on a test is ridiculous. Investments in bonds - the most low-risk and also the most low-yielding means of investing, for the same term yields at least 150%. So what is the risk with VCs, EAs, computers etc.?

Where is the advisor who makes 200% profit in 10 years?

timbo писал (а): An expert who made 200% profit in 10 years on a test is ridiculous.
timbo, maybe the test was on a 0.1 lot, i.e. it was pips. 20 thousand pips in 10 years is still not bad. I already wrote about it in my reply to azfaraon. What is the lot, azfaraon? Constant 0.1 - or something else?

Permanent

Mathemat:
timbo wrote (a): An expert who has made 200% profit in 10 years on a test is ridiculous.
timbo, maybe the test was on a 0.1 lot, i.e. it was pips. 20 thousand pips in 10 years is still not bad. I already wrote about it in my reply to azfaraon. What is the lot, azfaraon? Constant 0.1 - or something else?
I have 0.1 lot in the parameters.
10000 deposit - 20000 profit, i.e. 200% over 10 years. Of course, you can, of course, set the lot 1, and then it would seem to be much more profitable. But then the drawdown would also be 50% of the deposit.

Уважаемый Mathemat обьясните timbo пожалуйста
It says 0.1 lot in the parameters.
10000 deposit - 20000 profit, i.e. 200% over 10 years. Of course, you can, of course, charge lot 1, and then it would seem that the profit should be much more. But then the drawdown would also be 50% of the deposit.