Not looking for investors or trying to sell an expert :) just interested in opinions - page 11

Mathemat:
I look at any large enough drawdown as a real moose. That's my point of view, I'm not imposing it on anyone. But it very quickly removes the rose-coloured glasses through which a "strategy" like "ftop" looks great.

1) please state in numbers or ranges which drawdowns you think are good, bad, ideal, terrible, etc.
2) what test can you use to check an expert for moose? and accordingly give him a score for moose or antelope :)
3) I would like to ask you to post the chart and the report of the right Expert Advisor.

So? Who will draw reasoned and final conclusions on my first expert?
I just want to learn at least a lesson. I mean, what's right and what's wrong, what's worth working on?

Corwin_Volot писал (а): 1) please specify in numbers or ranges which drawdowns are good in your opinion bad perfect terrible etc.
2) what test can you use to check an expert for moose? and accordingly give him a score for moose or antelope :)
3) you could post the diagram and the report of the right expert
1. For example, no more than 15-20% is a reasonable drawdown. Imagine yourself in the shoes of an investor who sees a 38% drawdown on a 100k deposit. How does he feel?

2. Read smart books on how to test properly - e.g. Pardo, http://ihtik.lib.ru/economy_21dec2006/economy_21dec2006_495.rar. In the form in which the test results are often posted here, you can definitely only draw negative conclusions about the strategy and no positive ones.

3. this is where I have a hard time. Well, a more or less correct one is, for example, Better's(see Championship-2007). He may even have a not so steep curve of equity growth. But pay attention to his drawdowns. Even though he is not on his best streak, he still behaves decently with the same amount of open trades and is slowly climbing upwards.

i've started a new expert here is the initial trial
or is that bad too :( what to do with these drawdowns...

Symbol

EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)

Period

4 Hour (H4) 1999.01.26 20:00 - 2006.12.29 20:00 (1999.01.01 - 2007.01.01)

Model

All ticks (most accurate method based on all smallest available timeframes)

Bars in history

Modelled ticks

Modeling quality

89.30%

Initial deposit

Net profit

Total profit

Total loss

Profitability

Expected payoff

Absolute drawdown

Maximum drawdown

43276.20 (32.94%)

Relative drawdown

74.47% (8920.00)

Total transactions

Short positions (% of winners)

0 (0.00%)

Long positions (% win)

22 (100.00%)

Profitable trades (% of all)

22 (100.00%)

Loss trades (% of all)

0 (0.00%)

Largest

profitable trade

losing deal

Average

profitable deal

losing trade

Maximum number

continuous wins (profit)

22 (161559.00)

Continuous losses (loss)

0 (0.00)

Maximum

Continuous profits (number of wins)

161559.00 (22)

Continuous loss (number of losses)

0.00 (0)

Average

continuous winnings

Continuous loss

Corwin_Volot:
or is that bad too :( what to do with these drawdowns...

Set a "normal" StopLoss - and instead of "sitting through" drawdowns, you will have loss-making trades. And then think what to do with it.

sashken:
Corwin_Volot:
Or that too bad :( what to do with these drawdowns...

Set a "normal" StopLoss - and instead of "sitting through" drawdowns you'll have loss-making trades. And then think what to do about it.

That is, create a problem for yourself and then heroically solve it :)
But thanks for the tip i will try it.

Corvin, if you think that large drawdowns are not a problem for you, then go ahead and trade. You asked the question for a reason, but to ask for advice?

P.S. Heroism is just sitting it out, not accepting losses.

Corwin_Volot:

I mean, create a problem myself and then heroically solve it :)
But thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.

And 22 deals is nothing for statistics. It's an adjustment and self-deception. And you have to test it with a constant lot. It is only later on the real (if it comes to it) that you can switch on the MM.