Not looking for investors or trying to sell an expert :) just interested in opinions - page 2

KimIV:

The title of the thread made me laugh... imagined a line of investors... and the author, I don't want your money :-)

On the merits... nonsense... no chance...

Joining in.... EDRUND....

Test it on the minutes... You'll get more or less true results. ... Good luck with that.

that's how you look for investors. :)

kharko:
KimIV:

The title of the thread made me laugh... imagined a line of investors... and the author, I don't want your money :-)

On the merits... nonsense... no chance...

Joining in.... ERUNDA....

Test it on the minutes... You'll get more or less true results. ... Good luck...

And why do you need to test it on the minutes? I never trade on intervals less than an hour, and the methodology by which I have my kopeck when trading with hands 100% will not work on the minutes

Signals on higher timeframes are much clearer and more reliable, why sit through the noise on the 15-minute or 15-minutes?

rusinozemtsev:
Signals on higher timeframes are much clearer and more reliable, why sit through a lot of noise on the 15-minute or 15-minutes?

On higher timeframes, the tester tries to imitate quotes that do not really correspond to reality ... it's not there on the minutes... There is nothing for the tester to make up...

rusinozemtsev:
Signals on higher timeframes are much clearer and more reliable, why sit through the noise on the 15-minute or 15-minutes?

If 15 minutes is noise too, then I'm a Spanish pilot.

rusinozemtsev:
The signals on the higher timeframes are much clearer and more reliable, so why bother working with noise on 1-minute frames?

You have misunderstood the recommendation to do a test on the minutes. It's not about the timeframe. In your Expert Advisor, insert an additional option in external parameters - the timeframe size. i.e. instead of "0" - for example

ma=iMA(NULL, TIMEFRAME, MovingPeriod,1,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

Then set TIMEFRAME=60 (if your EA works with hours), but you should run it in the tester using tf=1min. And you will be happy... ..." and an objective result! Even if you use open prices...

rid:
...I don't know what to do:
This is why we should analyze the signals on higher timeframes.

You have misunderstood the recommendation to do a test on the minutes. It's not about the timeframe. In your Expert Advisor, insert an additional option in the external parameters of the indicators you use - the timeframe size. I.e. instead of "0" - for example:

After that set TIMEFRAME=60 (if your Expert Advisor works on the clock), but the Expert Advisor should be run in the Strategy Tester at timef=1min. "And you will be happy... ..." and an objective result! Even if we use opening prices...

Oh :) gave me a head start :) thank you!

A couple of days' worth of work on bugs for sure

rid:
...I don't know what to do:
This is why we should analyze the signals on higher timeframes.

You have misunderstood the recommendation to do a test on the minutes. It's not about the timeframe. In your Expert Advisor, insert an additional option in the external parameters of the indicators you use - the timeframe size. I.e. instead of "0" - for example:

After that set TIMEFRAME=60 (if your Expert Advisor works on the clock), but the Expert Advisor should be run in the Strategy Tester at timef=1min. "And you will be happy... ..." and an objective result! Even if we use opening prices...

Until today I was testing my strategy on the daily, the profitability depending on the parameters was up to 2.7, but did not fall below 1.5. After reading your post about the test on the minutes, I did everything as you said and the profitability was 1.06. I`m now coming to my senses, I`m so disappointed :(.
I was rejoicing that the real profitability would be stable about 2! Was it all in vain? Can you please explain why the result is worse on the minutes?

Fernandos:
But wedo not need to do it on the minutes:
...I don't know what to do with them:
These price trends have a lot more accurate and reliable, so why should we look at the noise on the 1-minute timeframes?

You have misunderstood the recommendation to do a test on the minutes. It's not about the timeframe. In your Expert Advisor, insert an additional option in the external parameters of the indicators you are using - the timeframe size. I.e. instead of "0" - for example:

Until today I was testing my strategy on the daily, the profitability depending on the parameters was up to 2.7, but did not fall below 1.5. After reading your post about the test on the minutes, I did everything as you said and the profitability was 1.06. I am now coming to my senses, I am so disappointed :(.
I was rejoicing that the real profitability would be stable about 2! Was it all in vain? Can you please explain why the result is worse on the minutes?

I don' t know why the result is worse on the minutes ?