How can I tell if an advisor is being knocked out by the DC? - page 2

timbo:
I've been doing this for a while now, but I'm not sure how to use it. I've tried it on demo, it works on real, I start it during the day, at night it doesn't work. I've been suffering with this for days.
The settings on the demo server and on the real server may be different.
I use the code of Expert Advisor and print all checks/conditions in the log. Observe what does not work - it is different from the demo.
This is after you check the status on all items.
But it seems to me that the EA simply does not see opportunities for trading with those settings that are on the real server, ie, no one forbids it, but he does not want to.

Expert Advisor was originally optimized and was installed on the demo with these settings. The Expert Advisor was running on the demo for 2 months. After I was satisfied with the results, I have installed it on the real server with the same settings. And that was where it all started.

As far as I understood from all discussions on this subject, if a brokerage company disabled the possibility of operating the EA, it is done by the terminal that asks for permission from the brokerage company and if it says no, the terminal will not start the EA for trading.

scorpionk:

As far as I understood from all discussions on this subject, if a brokerage company disabled the possibility of operating the EA, it is done by the terminal that asks for permission from the brokerage company and if it says no, the terminal will not start the EA for trading.

So I should know about it when polling? ByIsTradeAllowed() function.

Talked to TC technical support, they say they don't switch advisors off. I don't believe it.

Fedor_a:
I think I am getting a good signal from Expert Advisors and I am trying to get them to work on my account.

Talk to MetaQuotes technical support, maybe they will teach you how to use help https://docs.mql4.com/ru/check/IsTradeAllowed.

Or at least listen to what more experienced people say, e.g. timbo -

( The settings on the demo server and on the real server can be different. Go through the Expert Advisor code and display all checks/conditions in the log. Look what is not working - it is different than on the demo. I think the EA simply can not see opportunities for trading with those settings that are on the real server, no one forbids it, but he does not want to.

timbo: The settings on the demo server and on the real server may be different.
Go by expert code and log all checks/conditions. See what is not working - different from the demo.
But it seems to me that the EA just doesn't see the opportunity for trading with those settings that are on the real server, i.e. no one forbids it, but it doesn't want to.

This is absolutely true, in addition the quotes on demo and real may be different, I've seen it more than once. You may have to compare at least visually. The dog is somewhere here.

xeon:
Fedor_a:
I have already started working with my brokerage company and they say they do not disable Expert Advisors, I do not believe them.

Talk to MetaQuotes Technical Support, maybe they will teach you how to use Help https://docs.mql4.com/ru/check/IsTradeAllowed

or at least listen to what more experienced people say, e.g. timbo -

( The settings on the demo server and on the real server can be different. Go through the Expert Advisor code and display all checks/conditions in the log. Look what is not working - it is different than on the demo. It's after you check all the items, but it seems to me that the expert does not see opportunities for trading with those settings that are on the real server, ie, no one forbids it, and he does not want to.

I have a multi-currency Expert Advisor. It works on M5 and opens one currency 3 times during the day. I have already read the help (I was taught to read at school). What exactly may be the difference between demo and real servers. If I may be more specific. As for the experience - why do you think I do not have enough of it?

Figar0:
timbo:The settings on the demo server and on the real server may be different.
Go by expert code and log all checks/conditions. See what is not working - different from the demo.
But it seems to me that the EA just doesn't see the opportunity for trading with those settings that are on the real server, i.e. no one forbids it, but it doesn't want to.

Exactly right, besides demo and real quotes may be different, I've seen it many times. If you compare at least visually. The dog is somewhere here.
Yes, they are different, even in different brokerage companies, but not so much that EA may not trade. I was checking manually if there are signals to enter the market and they are there.

Fedor_a: Yes, the quotes are different, even from one brokerage company to another, but not so much that the Expert Advisor does not trade. I was checking manually if there are signals to enter the real, and there are.

If they differ from one brokerage company to another it is ok, but demo and real should coincide, otherwise it would not look nice, unfortunately it is not so.... You have to print in the EA body after the conditions for opening and before you open the order - it's better than the manual check.

Make a Print() to the log before calling OrderSend()