Stochastic resonance - page 38

Candid:
Exactly! And in your picture it is quantised. Look for the clamp.
Read carefully, the difference cannot be unquantized. I.e. it would be the opposite if quantization did not exist.

Candid:
It's a matcad, I presume? I can't say, I don't have it.
I can't imagine how you manage without it.

hrenfx:
Read carefully, the difference cannot be unquantised. I.e. it would be the opposite strange if there were no quantization.
Please explain why the quantum for R(B)-R(A) must be different from the quantum for R(A) ? It seems to me that in both cases it should correspond to Point.

Candid:
Please explain why the quantum for R(B)-R(A) should be different from the quantum for R(A) ? It seems to me that in both cases it should correspond to Point.

If we write the equality ln(Price + i * Point) = ln(Price) + k[i], then obviously the value of k[i] is not proportional to i.

hrenfx:

If we write the equality ln(Price + i * Point) = ln(Price) + k[i], then obviously the value of k[i] is not proportional to i.

ln(Price + Point ) - ln(Price) = ln(Price) + ln(1 + Point/ Price ) - ln(Price) ≈ Point/ Price.

That is, the quantum of both R(A) and R(B) is equal to Point / Price. And for their differences for some reason visually it is an order of magnitude bigger.

Candid:

ln(Price + Point) - ln(Price) = ln(Price) + ln(1 + Point/ Price ) - ln(Price) ≈ Point/ Price.

That is, the quantum of both R(A) and R(B) is equal to Point / Price. And for their differences for some reason visually it is an order of magnitude bigger.

Let's assume that you are visually imagining something. If you have Mathcad, you can check the correctness.

In principle, the paradox is solved by taking each stroke as a single point. Especially since then we also get a quantum of the order of 0.0001, which is just the order of Point/Price.

The conversion to strokes is due to different Price values for different R(A). But for the corresponding R(B) Price is about the same, so there is no vertical blurring of a point into a stroke.

In short the last posts should be transferred here:).