Wishes for MQL5 - page 103

The developers seem to be too disconnected from the people, they don't understand or don't want to understand what

90% of ordinary users expect from the platform. And these are a far cry from those who write EAs. Why break something

that suits everyone, to complicate things and turn them upside down? Who needs it?

By the way, on some broker forum thread it was said that they were not planning to switch to MT5.

Is it possible? How long can MT4 be supported after MT5 is released?

kombat >> :

I don't know about you, but with me, if this button is pressed, nothing is displayed on the graph.

(And what was displayed when the button is pressed, therefore disappears...)

AP: it's about the comment in particular

Well, yes, in MT4 it is impossible, but I saw in the posted help this

Now everyone who opens the MQL5 help thinks that they've been deprived of indicator capabilities and reports on the forum

I personally think that programmers must be given what they ask for, otherwise they will unwillingly rewrite their creations. Who will trade on a new platform then?

I have already suggested to give an OnCustom() event for indicators, so we can describe what data to give. We won't even have to "emulate the work of the indicator".

Talex писал(а) >>

Well, yes you can't in MT4, but I saw this in the posted help

There are several EAs standing on the chart. One can trade and the others just draw. The user can put a tick in the trading EA allowing the EA to trade, just by mistake and forget about it. And he/she needs to allow drawing experts to work. The consequences can be disastrous. You can lose your deposit.

And no need to say that one must be attentive. In this case, the developer must be attentive not to let the user make even an inattentive mistake.

-------------

The developers simply didn't calculate all the consequences of their proposed solution.

There are some standards. The standards were set in MT4. Everyone got used to these standards.

Now many people will just automatically apply these standards. And the standards don't work any more.

------------

Revolutions ALWAYS have unpredictable consequences. Why have revolutions every time you upgrade to a new version of a program?

I agree with a lot of things. For me, it would be better to bring 4 to "perfection" than to have to go back a few years to find new bugs in 5.

Roffild >> :

Now everyone who opens the MQL5 help thinks that he was deprived of the possibilities of indicators and posts messages on the forum

Personally, I believe that programmers should be given what they ask for, otherwise they will reluctantly rewrite their creations. Who will trade on a new platform then?

I have already suggested to give an OnCustom() event for indicators, so we can describe what data to give. We won't even have to "emulate the work of the indicator".

My friend! No offence there ... I'm confused!!! ))

In theory, any subsequent iteration of the product should be more flexible and functional than the previous one. Here we see the reverse process. The system has become enriched with a light touch of OOP and even more restrictions, which may indicate that the architecture is defective. As to "programmers must be given what they ask for"... In principle, I agree with this thesis but with one addition. You cannot just implement everything thoughtlessly. A developer should be at least one step ahead and take a systematic approach to development and see an architectural platform behind each request of a function and not some particular implementation of some function.

As I've written before, it doesn't matter what event or handler you're attaching to a particular object. The interface is not so important at this stage. What's important is what's inside. If all the software content runs in one thread, it's of no use. At the end of the day you will have to use restrictions (as we can see) to provide processing of system events, without which, for understandable reasons, the system won't work stably at all. Separate each indicator, expert or script into a separate thread, and the system core into a separate one, with different priorities, and if your indicators are slow because of the abundance of charts or calculations - that is your problem. The system core will remain functional and stable and limitations are only your hardware and flight of fancy.

So I see problems so far, not so much in rewriting my EAs and indicators, but in implementing serious projects. Neither to implement any serious processing, nor to use hardware to its full potential. This is what is sad. This is what saddens me more than the particular implementation of language structures to which it is possible to adapt, at best, and live relatively peacefully... Until the next version of MT is released ))))

In MT4 it is possible to put indicators, EAs, etc. on the chart using the hotkeys. This is convenient and saves time. Would it be possible to add a similar functionality, but to remove the corresponding object from the chart using a combination of keys?

niko1312 писал(а) >>
In MT4 it is possible to hang indicators, EAs, etc. on a chart using hotkeys. It is convenient and saves time. Will it be possible to add a similar functionality, but for removing of corresponding object from a chart by means of combination of keys?

It is possible to programme an event in the advisor when a key combination is pressed.

nen писал(а) >>

It is possible to program an event in the EA when a key combination is pressed.

I would be happy to, but what about when trading manually?

I think we're just grouchy. Not because it's irrelevant, but because it's already been decided. It's like with elections - you can make noise, you can even vote, but the right person will get elected.

By the way, it's a pity that the forum engine doesn't allow you to run votes (or does it?).

In general, it is unclear why this thread is not erased - 09.09 is red (from shame, I think), and what we write in it. Unless it's for a lion's eye, a grumble...