Wishes for MQL5 - page 85

Ferest >> :

Dear programmers, I am personally missing two things:

1. To be able to place tabs with open graphs in several lines (because one is obviously not enough and you have to rotate the ribbon of open graphs to the right/left many times);

2. To be able to scroll graphs by pressing a hotkey (for example, left/right arrows);

3. A sound to accompany the execution of limit orders;

4. The possibility to link graphs inside an open window - for example, if the EURUSD tab is selected, several timeframes of this symbol can be viewed in it simultaneously;

I AM IN FAVOUR! I personally think that points 1 and 4 are necessary!

I wonder what do other MT users (and developers) think about it?

stringo >> :

The SpeechText function has been a constant source of crashes. As not all operating systems support it in the same way. In general, the Speech SDK is an optional, optional component of the operating system.

After removing the standard SpeechText function, craftsmen have made a call of analogous function through DLL. And the users of this DLL have installed the above mentioned component. We can not force the user to install this component when installing the client terminal.

I have started using the DLL for voicing incoming signals. Found one unpleasant phenomenon - while voice is heard, MT is frozen until end of sounding. This means that absolutely nothing can be done during this period of time. Once the sound is finished, the MT starts working as before. The MT seems to be the problem, as all other programs work at this time without any problems.

- Could you please tell me if it is related to DLL, Windows voice engine or it is really MT bug? How to solve this problem?

- Maybe you can put here recommended DLL and engine? (it didn't happen with WAV, but WAV is a wild limitation...)

- I can send a DLL for debugging if needed.

- Are there any options in MT to adjust the sound volume?

>> Thank you!

chief2000 >> :

- Please advise - is it related to DLL, Windows voice engine or really MT bug? How to solve this problem?

Come on people! It's not the terminal's job to adjust the sound.

Don't call the voiceover in sync - run it as a separate stream.

- Are there any possibilities in MT to adjust sound volume?

I don't think so :) And it's not the terminal's job to adjust the sound.

TheXpert >> :

Come on, people! Anything at once MT glitches.

Don't call the dubbing in sync - run it as a separate stream.

Hardly :) And it's not the terminal's business to adjust the sound.

I'm not an expert, I didn't say anything:)

- What do you mean run as a separate stream?

chief2000 >> :

- What do you mean run in a separate thread?

There is a function in the package to run the dubbing. If this is not provided by the package, the dubbing will run in the same thread where the dubbing was run.

In order to avoid hanging, you need to create a thread and run the function from the newly created thread.

TheXpert >> :

There is a function in the package to run the dubbing. So, if this is not provided in the package, the dubbing will run in the same thread in which the dubbing was started.

To avoid hangs, you need to create a thread and run the function from the newly created thread.

So, there is no practical solution for using DLL without MT hangs? (there used to be a function for voice, maybe they saved it in a hidden form??)

- Add sorting by date of last change in the Navigator (and maybe a couple more folders)

- We need comments to orders or a link (when clicking on the order number) to the Trader's Diary made, for example, in MetaEditor or in a separate pop-up window

call MQL#

Please advise how different MQL5 will be from MQL4 in terms of programming. Will there be a book similar to MQL4? I mean the programming. If I, for example, am studying MQL4, will I be able to develop programs in MQL5?

brunner_va >> :
Please advise how different MQL5 will be from MQL4 in terms of programming. Will there be a book similar to MQL4? I mean the way of programming. If I, for example, am studying MQL4, will I be able to prepare programs in MQL5?

In MQL5, compared to MQL4, there will be a lot of new features, which you will not have to use. So the knowledge of MQL4 will not help you in any way.