A tough arbitration - is there life on Mars? - page 2

SK. писал (а):

A pipsqueak system does not produce earnings. Only illusions.

Maybe it depends on what is considered an earnings and what is considered an illusion? Although if in real life these illusions will be at least two or three times less than on the demo, I'm ready to pay back from work and live only on these illusions :)

Crazy_Fox:
Maybe it depends on what is considered an income and what is considered an illusion? Although if these illusions on the real will be at least two or three times less than on the demo - I'm ready to pay off from work and live only on these illusions :)
It is possible. But not for a long time. Exactly as long as the patience (or stupidity) of the brokers will be enough.

If it's an ordinary pip - I agree 100%. But this multicurrency, plus the targets may be non-pips, and besides, no one forbids holding positions as long as you want - the effect is the same, plus swaps... I think no broker will cancel correlation. ....

to SK:

By the way, about the cross: I selected trades on EURUSD/GBPUSD, targets are 10p everywhere, trades with profits made AGAINST the cross are marked in red:

in the table: OPENING TIME, BID EURGBP AT OPENING, CLOSING TIME, BID EURGBP AT CLOSING.

EURUSD - SELL; GBPUSD - BUY
19.09.2007 6:30 0,6945 19.09.2007 6:33 0,6946
19.09.2007 7:35 0,6936 19.09.2007 7:45 0,6938
19.09.2007 8:22 0,6935 24.09.2007 8:21 0,6954
26.09.2007 13:53 0,7004 26.09.2007 14:50 0,6998
26.09.2007 16:48 0,7006 27.09.2007 8:16 0,7003
27.09.2007 10:19 0,6992 27.09.2007 12:49 0,699
27.09.2007 13:21 0,6990 27.09.2007 19:44 0,6983
27.09.2007 19:58 0,6983 28.09.2007 12:09 0,6984
28.09.2007 12:09 0,6984 28.09.2007 14:02 0,6977
28.09.2007 15:53 0,6975 28.09.2007 17:28 0,6975
28.09.2007 17:29 0,6977 28.09.2007 19:22 0,6976
28.09.2007 20:36 0,6975 28.09.2007 22:00 0,6969
28.09.2007 22:02 0,6968 01.10.2007 8:22 0,6963

Crazy_Fox:
If it's a common pipsqueak - I agree 100%. But this is a multi-currency EA, plus the objectives may be non-pips, besides no one forbids holding positions as long as you want - the effect is the same, plus swaps... I think no broker will cancel correlation. ....

If ordinary... if extraordinary...

If you deal with the broker-trader relationship with meticulous thoroughness, you get roughly the following. The broker's actual capacity is limited. The broker cannot put a small amount on the real market (well, such are the interbank conditions, they do not trade sums of 100 kts), this is why the petty trading is between the broker and the trader, i.e. the source of profit is in the broker's pocket. The broker is also not always able to satisfy the price, because it is a one-time price (it has just been passed to the trader, and the broker has already left and no longer has the same price, but the trader sends the order - and what should the broker do?

The broker is self-serving, the trader is also self-serving. The question comes down to who will cheat whom. If the broker is attentive and intelligent, he will be able to recognise his losses in true pips technology and will counter it (be it monocurrency, multi-currency or super-duper-perverted-quadro-currency technology). The broker will put filters, disable advisors, put the trader on a separate service, increase the minimum distance and width of the freeze - he will fight it. The trader, as long as he has enough strength and knowledge, will also fight, turning perverse things around. This confrontation is dictated by the market basis of the relationship.

The figures presented do not change anything in this reasoning. They only show a fragment of earnings by technology of some degree of perversion.
I always emphasize the futility of the pips technology, meaning its inherent flaw. You can't make money on it. Well, you can't.

On this you can only fuel your sense of self-importance. And that's exactly what many do. One can crawl around forums, puff out cheeks, show the pip code to newcomers in black and white, publish reports, and finally sincerely believe in the bright pips future with the twisted eyes. However, all this is ostrich politics. The ostrich hides its head in the sand when there is great danger, but it sort of forgets that its ass is still on the surface.

=====

I hope you are not offended. Just look at it from the outside and a lot will become clear.
Showing insistence on the pips idea is just an unconscious attempt to amuse your ego.

Good afternoon. I am interested in this thread (for some reason only now).
I can't understand everything so quickly. I would like to know if the methodology discussed here is similar in principle to what is described here in the article about creating a hedging Expert Advisor, or is it just a distant imitation?
I have the impression that the methods are very similar. If you can compare them, please explain.
Regards, Pyh.

SK. писал (а):

I hope you are not offended. Just look at it from the outside and a lot will become clear.
Showing persistence in the pips idea is just an unconscious attempt to amuse your ego.

I'm not in the habit of getting offended, but if everything went according to your scenario, there would be no earning traders by definition. Besides, any system can be covered - both pips and any other... In addition, I'm not forcing anyone to use this system, and if I lose my depo on the micro-real - it just hurts my self-esteem a little...

Pyh:
Good afternoon. I am interested in this thread (for some reason only now).

I can't get my head around it all so quickly. Here's
I'd like to know if the methodology discussed here is similar in
with what's described here in the article about creating a hedging
or is it just a rough imitation?

My impression is that the methods are very similar. Who is able to compare them, please explain.

Sincerely, Pyh.

This system is similar to the mentioned one in that both open opposite positions in two pairs. The DrawDown system does not use CC itself but its delta, positions are opened with the same lot... I advise you to read the topic of the author of the DrawDown idea, he explained everything there in more or less detail, if you have any questions, feel free...

<br / translate="no">

positions are opened with the same lot... for sure. Four months of irregular trading on multicurrency arbitrage principle. Initial deposit about $380 after margin call on another strategy:) I opened and closed positions both manually and by Expert Advisor. Do you think I should try it on real?

Files:
arbitr.rar  14 kb

SK. писал (а) >>

If ordinary, if extraordinary...

If you deal with the broker-trader relationship with meticulous thoroughness, you get roughly the following. The broker's actual capacity is limited. The broker cannot put a small amount on the real market (well, such are the interbank conditions, they do not trade sums of 100 kts), this is why the petty trading is between the broker and the trader, i.e. the source of profit is in the broker's pocket. The broker is also not always able to satisfy the price, because it is a one-time price (it has just been passed to the trader, and the broker has already left and does not have the same price anymore, but the trader sends the order - and what should the broker do?

The broker is self-serving, the trader is also self-serving. The question comes down to who will cheat whom. If the broker is attentive and intelligent, he will be able to recognise his losses in true pips technology and will counter it (be it monocurrency, multi-currency or super-duper-perverted-quadro-currency technology). The broker will put filters, disable advisors, put the trader on a separate service, increase the minimum distance and width of the freeze - he will fight it. The trader, as long as he has enough strength and knowledge, will also fight, turning perverse things around. This confrontation is dictated by the market basis of the relationship.

The figures do not change anything in this discussion. They only show a fragment of earnings by the technology of some degree of perversion.
I always emphasize the futility of the pips technology, meaning its inherent flaw. You can't make money on it. Well, you can't.

On this you can only fuel your sense of self-importance. And that's exactly what many do. One can crawl around forums, puff out cheeks, show the pip code to newcomers in black and white, publish reports, and finally sincerely believe in the bright pips future with the twisted eyes. However, all this is ostrich politics. The ostrich hides its head in the sand when there is great danger, but it sort of forgets that its ass is still on the surface.

=====

Showing persistence in the pips idea is just an unconscious attempt to amuse your ego.

Nothing in our world is permanent and stable, it is a fact. Any strategy, once invented, will sooner or later fail, as the market is constantly changing. Long term strategy may also fail, but its life is longer comparing to the scalping ones, so scalping strategies fail faster, they are more sensitive to market changes, especially to the actions taken by DC against a client (if any), but at the same time there is one big advantage of scalping strategies, time needed to develop it, it is much less than for long term strategies. The same advantage is the speed of profit. And everyone chooses the criteria of successful strategies.