The market is always wrong - page 10

FION:
usdjpy:
FION:
Getting there - just over a per cent a week?
According to the balance sheet it should be about 5% a month. It looks like the balance sheet is growing linearly and steadily.

In terms of equity, it is a little over 4% a week. But funds are growing in a non-linear and unstable way.

There will be a flat summer and the index should improve.
In a week's time, we should put it on the real. If last year's flat will be repeated by the autumn we will be in good shape.

Swaps are being traded. In the viac contest first
Strategy description http://onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=69&st=0

Avals:

Everything is fine if you ignore the note on page 4 of the topic: "I will not reveal my methodology of calculation of coefficients, namely their dynamism, sorry..." (c) Aron

usdjpy and all who are seriously interested in this topic!
I look forward to hearing the views of our eternal mathematical censor Mathemata.

VBAG:
I look forward to hearing the views of our eternal mathematical censor Mathemata.

What's next, how is the portfolio itself calculated, its risks and returns?

dimontus:
VBAG:
usdjpy and all those who are seriously interested in this topic!

What's next, how is the portfolio itself calculated, its risks and returns?

I've just started studying the subject of portfolios, so I can't say anything definite yet. I will be posting interesting material, in my opinion.
I hope knowledgeable people will help us to understand this difficult task.

Also hoping for knowledgeable people :-) for now, I'll dig around on my own...

Avals:

According to the author of the Expert Advisor, swaps account for about 15-20% of the total profit and are only a factor increasing the stability, but not the basis of earnings. The most important thing in his strategy is the principle of currency portfolio re-calculation the author is not going to reveal.

VBAG:

Thanks for the title, VBAG. Honestly, I never claimed it. I guess the nickname plays a much bigger role in the forum than it first seems ... .

I've had a look at that file. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to be a brief retelling of traditional portfolio theory, with which I'm only familiar at the "diagonal" level. The main problem with it is below (quote from the article):

The classical approach uses volatility, more strictly the standard deviation of the expected portfolio return, as a measure of risk. Assuming a normal distribution of portfolio returns, 68.3% of actual returns should fall within the interval [ R0 - µ , R0 +µ ].

In reality the hypothesis of normal distribution is refuted by the market, and very severely: deviations exceeding 3 sigmas according to the normal hypothesis occur only once in 370 (0. 27%), and in practice - once in 60 (1.65%). It gets worse: deviations over four sigmas by the normal hypothesis are extremely rare (1:16000), whereas in reality it is 1:140. And there are deviations of more than six sigmas - according to the normal hypothesis unbelievable... This is the return data for EURUSD.

Now there seems to be a modification of the classical portfolio theory that takes into account non-normality of distribution, but I'm not familiar with it. Following Rosh I recommend to read the Peters' work "Fractal analysis of financial markets". The book is available on Spider.

Mathemat, thanks for the comment, I will think about it.
I have Peters' book, but where can I get Rosh's article or what is it called? I'd love to read it.
By the way, my books on trading topics, neural networks, etc. have accumulated about 2 Giga. I could put them out there for everyone to use. Just do not know where? It would be good to organize such a library on the forum.

Well that's a question for the moderators.