History Centre updated - free history of minute quotations since 1999 - page 2

elritmo:

And why set the limit of <~32768 bars (month), and other periods ~16384> Not to load the trading server or for some other reason?

Some users do not have enough resources to work with the deep history even on one computer for a single symbol test, and the trade server can handle several thousand terminals connected at the same time. There are a lot of symbols and their timeframes on the server. The main task of a trading server is not to be a giant FTP storage, but to provide a complex service without being biased in any direction.

Therefore, we set technologically reasonable limits on the depth of history. If you need a deep history, there is the History Center.

What are the volumes? General and in particular.
So as not to get trafficked :)

By one currency pair, when downloading from History Center the size of the downloaded source file is less than 10 Mb, and then the archive unfolds into a minute history, starting from 1999, and takes about 120 Mb in hst files (again, for one currency pair).
When trying to download the history from History Center, only necessary quotes are analyzed and downloaded, history is updated on the History Center server periodically, so that no holes are formed in the near history.

Tried to download the USDCAD part, found them in :\Program Files\FXPROFIT 4\history\downloads\USDCAD
I don't know what to do next.
How do I use these *.dat files?
And how do I recalculate?

The files in the historydownloads directory do not need to be processed manually. They should unpack to hst files by themselves for all timeframes. Open the History Center by F2, open USDCAD, go to minutes (double-click) - the current number of bars is visible.

If the history has already been downloaded, the retry of downloading by clicking "Download" will result in recalculation of all timeframes. The repeated download of the existing history will not happen.
You can try it yourself.

All USD/CAD - M1 was probably downloaded.
It turned out to be 7.83 Mb.
I tried to upload it again - the window appeared: no new data, recalculate.
I have answered YES. Then I was warned that this data differs from server's data and was not suitable for the dispute.
I tried to recalculate it and I got the same result as when I tried to upload it.
But no result :(

I looked to history file USDCAD1.hst has only 1414 kb, it seems to be about 100Mb if it is 1:13.

Please help.

Just to add. I have version 4.00 build 201 from 26 December 2006.

The latest build is 201 from 12.01.2007. It will be exactly as I described. The previous version does not always run smoothly due to lack of memory.
Download directly here - http://www.metatrader4.com/files/mt4setup.exe

I downloaded it and now I have to install it on top of my MT?

Will it leave the charts and everything else to me on the real one?

bva:
I downloaded it and now I have to install it on top of my DT MT?

Will it leave the charts and everything else on my real account?
History of quotes in your terminal can change (significantly) in two cases:
1) manual import of quotes
2) download from History Center

. This changes the history of active login, i.e. quotes history is different for different trade servers (brokers). You can make a backup just in case and experiment.