Offering the game !!!!! - page 2

Michel_S писал (а):
korsei wrote (a):

And I thought traders and programmers (as applied to the population of this forum) were the same people. Otherwise, then why come to this forum? Here's the game (which everyone has been playing for a long time), everyone keeps all the promising ideas in his opinion and tries to reinvent the wheel. And if MTS makes a profit with real trading, then it is better not to share such ideas with anyone at all.

There are two categories of people on this Forum:
1. Programmers who are also traders (why should not their programming skills be supported by profitable forex trading...).
2. Traders, who are also programmers by necessity (tired of trading manually with losses and trying to make profitable trading with MTS...).

And it is known that doing different things equally well is the lot of a few. That is why any successful firm has a division of labour. As long as there is a programmer and a trader in one person, we will not get any further than experiments. Or, let's say, we will not get far. Of course, there are lucky people who have gone far, but you will not find them in this Forum, they have nothing to do here.
My opinion is that a good programmer and an experienced trader in one package are a mixture destined for success.

FION писал (а):
My opinion is: a good programmer and an experienced trader in one bottle is a doomed mix.
Looking for an experienced trader

Something about our "bank of ideas" that started the thread has disappeared with its "bank". ...

KimIV писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
My opinion is: a good programmer and an experienced trader in one bottle is a doomed mix.
I am looking for an experienced trader

I am looking for a trader.

KimIV писал (а):
FION wrote (a):
I have seen more than one of your developments, they are distinguished by elegance and good details, so I guess I haven't created something that would have satisfied you in terms of trading, or you are interested in working on commission, or for sale, just as a programmer.

Here is an idea that was born just an hour ago - I hope it is original as I have not fallen for its use in automatic trading (although I have not had much time to read it so far) :)

when there is a move and the EA gives the order to trade
the first thing to do is to send a request for a minimum order with zero deviation from the apparent price - slip 0
if it works, the signal is weak and we skip
if a requote comes, raise the order amount to the maximum, put a slip 5 and repeat the order
I think it is very likely to take at least 5 points on this move which at maximum lots is 5% of the deposit
all that is needed is to catch requotes and m

victors:
Here is an idea that was born just an hour ago - I hope it is an original one since I have not got to use it in automatic trading (although I have not had much time to read it so far) :)

when there is a movement and the Expert Advisor instructs you to trade
the first thing to do is to send a request for a minimum order with zero deviation from the visible price - slip 0
if it works, it means that the signal is weak and we skip it
if a requote comes, increase the order amount to a maximum, set the slip 5 and repeat the order
i think it is very likely to take at least 5 pips on this move, which at maximum lots is 5% of the deposit
all you need is to catch requotes and change the slip
Read "Memories of a Stock Market Speculator" by Lefebvre - you'll find many more interesting things :)

victors писал (а):
Here is an idea that was born just an hour ago - I hope it is an original one since I have not got to use it in automatic trading (although I have not had much time to read it so far) :)

the first thing to do is to send a request for a minimum order with a zero deviation from the apparent price - slip 0
if it works, it means that the signal is weak and you should skip it
if a requote comes, increase the order amount to a maximum, set the slip 5 and repeat the order
i think it is very likely to take at least 5 pips on this move, which at maximum lots is 5% of the deposit

Very DC dependent idea :) Not suitable for small deposits (read: small lots) - they are often quoted by an automated system. But the idea is really original:)

Figar0 писал (а):
victors wrote (a):
here's an idea that was born just an hour ago - hopefully an original one as I have not fallen for its use in automatic trading (although I haven't had much time to read it so far) :)

the first thing to do is to send a request for a minimum order with a zero deviation from the apparent price - slip 0
if it works, it means that the signal is weak and we skip it

Very DC dependent idea :) Not suitable for small deposits (read: small lots) - they are often quoted by an automated system. But the idea is really original :)
There is one unpleasant thing - sharp moves usually take place near resistance levels and instead of 5 pips profit one can get 2-3 losses.

FION писал (а):
KimIV wrote (a):
FION wrote (a):
I've seen more than one of your developments, they are distinguished by elegance and good thinking in details. Until now I haven't created something that would have satisfied you in terms of trading, or you are interested in working on commission, or for sale, purely as a programmer.
Stopping here is like dying.
You are not interested in orders or sales. I am interested in the trading process itself and the quality of the task by an experienced trader. I am ready to babysit him, if he will let me, asking lots of clarifying questions. I promise not to call him a stupid lamer :).