75,000 options - 4GB RAM and 4GB disk cache not enough??? - page 8

Simca:

P.S. Well, they put him away for the sake of the experiment, of course. The purpose of the experiment is undisclosed, so to speak, know-how. :)
Too bad... I thought it was a sort of theoretical optimisation problem - something like what a horse with a clear objective can do before it casts its hooves...

2 Rosh: a famous mathematician (a topological luminary, I think) once gave a lecture on clothes modelling. The audience was very elite. The first words of the lecture were: "To simplify further reasoning, it is convenient to assume that, from a topological point of view, the human body is a sphere". After a few minutes the hall was almost empty. One person listened to the lecture to the end...

Mathemat:
Hello, dear friends!

I apologise for the off-topic, but the incomprehensible terms give me a severe yawn and a headache. Could you, Renat, explain in a nutshell what a horse in a spherical vacuum is and what it is put there for?

It seems that all Mathematicians know what a "horse in a spherical vacuum" is.

Since I was asked: these are fictional problems or conditions that have nothing to do with reality. Usually used in theoretical reasoning/arguments with no reference to practice.

Simca:
Mathemat:

... what is a horse in a spherical vacuum and why was it put there?

Actually, Renat was a bit exaggerated. Of course, a horse or a horse is not so basic. As for the spherical vacuum, everything is simple - a sphere of big enough diameter (and sufficient strength), a horse is placed there and the air is pumped out. The vacuum inside the sphere takes a spherical shape - hence the term spherical vacuum. Of course, it is necessary to take into account the measurement error, because the vacuum does not really turn out to be absolute and the sphere is not perfectly spherical-smooth, but in principle, the error does not greatly affect the measurement results.
Yes, we should not forget that the horse/horse naturally dies as a result of the experiment. Alas nothing is perfect in this world. :)

P.S. Well, the horse is naturally planted for the sake of the experiment. The purpose of the experiment was not revealed, so to say know-how. :)
There was an old saying about a cube horse in a spherical vacuum...
Its meaning was that it is a complete abstraction without any practical sense ...
That's roughly whatRenat wrote

and meant by that, that I was saying abstract things with no practical sense ...

About GO - this topic has infinite possibilities... :))
You don't even know yet what it can do :))

Renat, could you describe your optimiser's algorithm in more detail?
If it's not a know-how of course.
Like what crossover/mutator/inverter is used, what are the probabilities of their use, etc.
Very interesting ;)

Demax">Генетические алгоритмы в MetaTrader 4. Сравнение с прямым перебором оптимизатора

Revealing more obscure terms - A spherical horse in a vacuum.