Useful tips for participants in the Championships - page 14

rebus писал (а):
Something strange is going on. I haven't registered yet. I am registered on mql4. com. I decided to check what I should fill in but the reply I received was that "you have already been registered and all you have to do is to submit your personal data and an expert". Honestly - I have not clicked anything unnecessary :) Now I have to register to the end :)

It's just that everyone, who was registered at mql4.com, was automatically pre-registered for the championship.
To see what you need to fill in, go to the championship site and click in the upper right corner
on Profile. Good luck ;)

dennisius:
to MetaQuotes

I've been testing the script for a couple of days on two home(P 1.7, 256Mb) and office(P 3.4, 2Gb) machines
and noticed that the same script, on the same story, on the same build(197)
(I copy and carry the entire Straighthold Trader folder) gives different results on different machines.

The tester shows different results (profit), the model used: "By opening prices".
my question is: Is it a glitch or when testing on so many different machines
There really is a difference.
Thank you.

And you check the summary page of the report - for sure you will see that the time periods are different or the number of ticks is different, etc.

DEan:
rebus:
Something strange is going on. I haven't registered yet. I am registered at mql4. com. I decided to check what I should fill in but in reply I received "you have already been registered and all you have to do is to send me your personal data and Expert Advisor". Honestly - I have not clicked anything unnecessary :) Now I have to register to the end :)

It's just that everyone, who was registered at mql4.com, was automatically pre-registered for the championship.
To see what you need to fill in, go to the championship site and click in the upper right corner
on Profile. Good luck ;)

Not really. Those who are registered at mql4.com are not automatically registered in the Championship, but have the right to register in the simplified mode.

Renat писал (а):
dennisius wrote (a):
to MetaQuotes

for a couple of days now I've been testing the script on two machines at home(P 1.7, 256Mb) and office(P 3.4, 2Gb)
and noticed that the same script, on the same story, on the same build(197)
(I copy and carry the entire Straighthold Trader folder) gives different results on different machines.

The tester shows different results (profit), the model used: "By opening prices".
The question is: Is it a glitch or when testing on so many different machines
There really is a difference.
Thank you.

And you check the summary page of the report - for sure you will see that the time periods are different or the number of ticks is different, etc.

Probably everything is the same at the moment

You can open 3 orders of 5 lots each.

Renat писал (а):
DEan wrote (a):
rebus wrote (a):
Something strange is going on. I have not registered yet. I am registered on mql4. com. I decided to look what I have to fill in, but in response I received "you have already been registered and all I have to do is to submit personal data and an expert". Honestly - I have not clicked anything unnecessary :) Now I have to register to the end :)

on Profile. Good luck ;)

Not really. Those who are registered at mql4.com are not automatically registered for the Championship, but have the right to register in simplified mode.

Have I written something different? :( I didn't have to register my profile! again!

dennisius писал (а):
to MetaQuotes

one more question about the tester, more precisely about the simulation.

does the simulation mode "All ticks" emulate the normal operation of the terminal?
i.e. at a certain moment a new Bid/Ask is received and Expert Advisor starts ?

That is how it should be, in my opinion, this mode should completely
emulate the terminal operation in normal mode. It turns out that any EA
should finally be positive (in terms of profit) in this mode.

But the problem is that the results in two modes (all ticks and open prices)
I have a discrepancy. How can it be "at open prices" mode is a sampling
or am I wrong ?

I take the data from the Open array, the data in this array should be identical in both
Then why are the results different?

So what mode should I use to test the Expert Advisor ?
I will upload it to you tonight or tomorrow morning.
sorry, found the article ... I'm reading

If my Expert Advisor is on EURUSD H1, but also opens positions on USDJPY (or any other symbol) and accordingly requests the USDJPY history via iHigh("USDJPY", PERIOD_H1, 0), will this history be available for it on the TERMINAL?

On my terminal during testing I get history on another sivmool without a lag, but I have both EURUSD H1 and USDJPY H1 open in the terminal. According to the contest rules, an Expert Advisor has to be set on only one chart and therefore I have to use MarketInfo and iHigh, iLow to open other symbols as well, but will such an approach work in the contest? Won't it result in the situation when only one chart is opened in the terminal and all attempts of the Expert Advisor to get information on other symbols come to nothing?

dogada:
If my Expert Advisor is on EURUSD H1, but also opens positions on USDJPY (or any other symbol) and accordingly requests the USDJPY history via iHigh("USDJPY", PERIOD_H1, 0), will this history be available for it on the TERMINAL?

On my terminal during testing I get history on another sivmool without a lag, but I have both EURUSD H1 and USDJPY H1 open in the terminal. According to the contest rules, an Expert Advisor has to be set on only one chart and therefore I have to use MarketInfo and iHigh, iLow to open other symbols as well, but will such an approach work in the contest? Won't it result in that the terminal will have only one chart open and all attempts of the Expert Advisor to get information on other symbols will come to nothing?

Just specify in the Expert Advisor's description, which specific ("all" - not accepted) charts should be open - we will open them in the terminal.

Renat:
Just indicate in the EA description which specific ("all" - not accepted) charts should still be open - we will open them in the terminal.
Not a problem. Thank you for your prompt reply.