Useful tips for participants in the Championships - page 13

I can't change my first and last name from Russian to English in my profile in the public information section. And I can't upload my avatar. After pressing OK everything returns to its original form. Can what I do wrong?

to MetaQuotes

I have been testing the script for a couple of days on two machines: home(P 1.7, 256Mb) and office(P 3.4, 2Gb)
and I noticed that the same script on one and the same history, on one and the same build(197)
(I copy and carry the entire folder Straighthold Trader) gives different results on different machines.

The tester shows different results (profit), the model used: "By opening prices".
my question is: Is it a glitch or when testing on such different machines
there really is a difference.
Thank you.

to MetaQuotes

one more question about the tester, more precisely about the simulation.

does the simulation mode "All ticks" emulate the normal operation of the terminal?
i.e. at a certain moment a new Bid/Ask is received and Expert Advisor starts ?

That is how it should be, in my opinion, this mode should completely
emulate the terminal operation in normal mode. It turns out that any EA
should finally be positive (in terms of profit) in this mode.

But the problem is that the results in two modes (all ticks and open prices)
I have a discrepancy. How can it be "at open prices" mode is a sampling
or am I wrong ?

I take the data from the Open array, the data in this array should be identical in both
Then why are the results different?

So what mode should I use to test the Expert Advisor ?
I will upload it to you tonight or tomorrow morning.

The question with the lot size is not clear! For example, after having closed an order with 0.3 lot, we cannot open the next order with 0.5 lot? i.e., the step should be 0.1? This is ridiculous... And after you have closed a 0.3 lot, can we open a pending order of 0.4 - close it once and then open a 0.5 lot? Can you elaborate - time is short ;)

• minimum volume of a deal - 0.1 lot -
  • lot amount variation step - 0.1
  • maximum volume of a deal - 5 lots
  • maximum total amount of open positions and pending orders - 3

I was also misled at first by this description, it's just that the line "lot volume step - 0.1" is inappropriate here.
Open as you wish, just range from 0.1 to 5.0 lots.

IgorGorb:

I can't change my first and last name from Russian to English in my profile in the public information section. And I can't upload my avatar. After pressing OK everything returns to its original form. Can what I do wrong?

Thanks for the error message. Corrected.

kanskigor писал (а):
  • minimum volume of a deal - 0.1 lot -
  • lot amount variation step - 0.1
  • maximum volume of a deal - 5 lots
  • maximum total amount of open positions and pending orders - 3

I was also misled at first by this description, it's just that the line "lot volume step - 0.1" is inappropriate here.
Open as you like, just range from 0.1 to 5.0 lots.

How is it not relevant? What if after closing a 0.3 lot you want to open a 0.33 lot position???
In my opinion everything is correct! ;)

Hi all.

I've been running an EA on a demo account for a few days now.
First of all: the constant loss of connection - will it be the same on a real account?
I have a docked cell and no connection was lost on the wet side.
Secondly : why such a small history ?
Even on the watch only for 2006 and that with holes in it.
And thirdly - after replacing the 197 build - the test results have changed dramatically (profit - increased almost 2-fold)
I would like to be happy but I don't feel like it.
And how can I imagine an EA working somewhere without control - the organizers will probably provide control,
But why is it so hard - only you - it's just like in the real world with all the communication problems and so on.
How do we control the integrity of DC service?
I will draw any logs if I have to. As they say trust, but verify.
So how can I check? Thanks for the information in advance. The best will win.

Something strange is going on. I haven't registered yet. I am registered on mql4. com. I decided to check what I should fill in but the reply I received was that "you have already been registered and all you have to do is to submit your personal data and an expert". Honestly - I have not clicked anything unnecessary :) Now I have to register until the end :)

dennisius писал (а):
to MetaQuotes

I've been testing the script for a couple of days on two home(P 1.7, 256Mb) and office(P 3.4, 2Gb) machines
and noticed that the same script, on the same story, on the same build(197)
(I copy and carry the entire Straighthold Trader folder) gives different results on different machines.

The tester shows different results (profit), the model used: "By opening prices".
The question is: Is it a glitch or when testing on so many different machines
There really is a difference.
Thank you.

Question removed, it must have been a glitch with me, now everything matches.