Useful tips for participants in the Championships - page 5

foil:
I have registered on Automated Trading Championship 2006 site, but where should I send the confirmation and what data?
Go to your profile (top right) and fill your personal data (second tab) first. If you do not fill in the personal data, the approvals and reviews will not take place.

This Championship is not anonymous. All participants must first of all provide detailed personal data.

Renat:
OpenStorm:
string:

What code does GetLastError return?

Digging...
(Inserted checks after almost every line. It works only for usdjpy so far.) Yesterday we tried the tester for all pairs, nothing but errors when trying to open orders on foreign pairs (symbol unknown), which is normal for multicurrency mode in the tester :(

Please, bring it to:
  1. 5 lines before OrderClose() is called
  2. OrderClose string
  3. 5 lines after OrderClose() is called
It will not reveal your strategy at all, but it will help you understand what is wrong. This is the fifth request in 3 days.

ps: just had a complete rewrite of one programmer's code today, who was sure he had "everything is fine, it's been working fine for a week!". Good thing his code was looked at...

// If order to buy
if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)

{
// ExitBuyAllowed == true )
{
// Trying to close by market
if ( OrderClose(OrderTicket(),
OrderLots(),
NormalizeDouble( MarketInfo( OrderSymbol(), MODE_BID ), MarketInfo( OrderSymbol(), MODE_DIGITS),
SlipPage,
Violet ) == true)
{
// Closed. Refresh.
RefreshRates();
return (0);
}
else
{
// Why haven't we closed?

Err = GetLastError();
if ( Err != 0 )
{
Print ("Market order close error:", Err);
// RefreshRates();
return (0);
}
}
}
}

Thanks, we're already looking.
By the way, RefreshRates before the final return makes no sense.

Maybe this is not the right question, but if after the contest there are only two or three experts who consistently give positive results
and their codes will be freely available to thousands of traders, then what will happen?

kanskigor:

Maybe this is not the right question, but if after the contest there are only two or three Expert Advisors that consistently give positive results
and their codes will be freely available to thousands of traders, then what will happen?

The mass use of these efficient Expert Advisors will be taken into account by the market, and they will lose their effectiveness. Just like it happened with RSI, CCI and other standard indicators. Oleg made a good point

OpenStorm:
kanskigor wrote (a):

Maybe this is not the right question, but if after the contest there are only two or three experts who consistently give positive results
and their codes will be in the public domain and downloaded by thousands of traders, then what will happen?

Mass application of these effective EAs will be accounted for by the market and they will lose effectiveness. Just like it happened with RSI, CCI and other standard indicators. Oleg correctly noted

In general, such influence does exist, the market is a system with feedbacks.

But in my opinion it won't happen. Or rather, it will not be too noticeable.
A few thousand traders will not download them.
Firstly, no one will openly download them.
Secondly, even if they do, most of them will give up for various reasons and forget about it in time.
Thirdly, a few thousand traders is not many.

If the technology does become widespread, the market will assimilate this phenomenon gradually.
And as the process of digestion is going on, there will be people who will "tighten the screws" and the technology will continue to live long enough until the underlying factor changes. And that's a long time.

SK. писал (а):
OpenStorm:
kanskigor:

and their codes will be in free access and downloaded by thousands of traders, then what will happen?

Mass application of these effective EAs will be accounted for by the market and they will lose effectiveness. Just as it happened with RSI, CCI and other standard indicators. Oleg correctly noted

Generally, such influence exists, the market is a system with feedbacks.

But in my opinion there won't be any such thing. Or rather, it will not be too tangible.
A few thousand traders will not download them.
Firstly, no one will openly download them.
Secondly, even if they do, most of them will give up for various reasons and forget about it in time.
Thirdly, a few thousand traders is not many.

If the technology does become widespread, the market will assimilate this phenomenon gradually.
And as the process of digestion is going on, there will be people who will "tighten the screws" and the technology will continue to live long enough until the underlying factor changes. And that is a long time.
I agree. But if large volumes are injected into these technologies, the market will react very quickly.

Renat:
Seems to have figured it out - weren't you trying to close a position just before the Take Profit or Stop Loss triggered? The server does not allow us to modify positions, which are close to the execution of a few pips Stop Loss. We interpreted the response code incorrectly on the client in this case.

After a detailed re-check we will correct the error. Thank you for your patience!

Renat:
Renat:
Seems to have figured it out - weren't you trying to close a position just before the Take Profit or Stop Loss triggered? The server does not allow us to modify positions, which are close to the execution of a few pips Stop Loss. We interpreted the response code incorrectly on the client in this case.

After a detailed re-check we will correct the error. Thank you for your patience!
Yes, it is, the EA has been trying to close the market at Take Profit. The EA has started to place pending orders after you have turned on slippages and timeouts, we actually did not think to disable market activity at Take Profit. Although, it is not clear why it has not happened at other symbols (may be just by accident - the market has changed at a larger distance from pending orders than at dollar-yen).
Thanks to you too :)

Hi all.

Everyone has some global problems, but I still don't understand where to send the Expert Advisor and indicators after registration.

I don't know where to send the EA and the indicators after registration. I have not even found the e-mail address on the website to communicate. I am grateful in advance for the feedback. Good luck.