Trading strategies without StopLoss - page 4

Viacheslav Snigirev:

Let's say we have 100 roubles. We open a trade and put a stop. The stop triggered, leaving us with 50 roubles. What do we have here? We have the following. A loss of 50%, but the funny thing is that in order to simply return it to 0, we need to add another 50 rubles to the remaining 50, which is a return of 100%, how many can boast of such returns?

And you don't fix the loss, then the yield won't change relative to the original one either. In other words, do not pay attention to the remaining 50 rubles, and strongly suggest to yourself that you have the same original 100 rubles, because, after all, nothing has changed, just a stop loss triggered. Hypnotize yourself. If you don't know how to engage in self-hypnosis, ask the advice of "lockpickers", it is believed they have mastered this art greatly. After all, trading is first and foremost psychology.

Stops are not needed - it's the last century, first we enter and catch a minus, then we wait for a pullback in hope.

No pullback - enter after 3.5 years and catch ... stop out).

Come on, you could have stopped out 3.5 years ago and continued trading.

I was betting that I would make 100% profit a month, I didn't believe in price that sometimes it doesn't return and losses should be limited.

The moral of this fairy tale is: one may not place a stop, but one must tightly control losses, and if one has made a mistake in the direction, it is better to admit it.

For me, a stop loss is a way of diversifying. And just. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" - don't put everything on one trade.
If you want to work without a stop-loss, then use other ways to diversify. Diversify your trading capital - this will lead to reduced risks.

PS. But! do not forget that if you are trading in any direction while dealing in position trading, then no diversification will not keep you from a gradual sinking.

Vladimir Zubov:
You bought the euro at 1.4 and how many years have you been waiting for a return, wouldn't it have been better to close with a 50pp loss ?

Why wait for a return? You can average out as it was written before.

Why is the SL at 50pp? Where did you get that figure from? Why 50 and not 42? What is the profitability of your system with stops? Or you do not trade, but only give advice?

Sergey Semyonov:

Why wait for a refund? It is possible to average, as it was written before.

Why is the SL at 50pp? Where did you get that figure from? Why 50 and not 42, for example? What is the profitability of your system with stops? Or you do not trade, but only give advice?

Where to average and how?

Sergey Semyonov:

Why wait for a refund? It is possible to average, as it was written before.

Why is the SL at 50pp? Where did you get that figure from? Why 50 and not 42, for example? What is the profitability of your system with stops? Or you do not trade, but only give advice?

Go ahead, average as much as you like and enjoy the balance value, while the equity value tends to zero. As for me, I prefer to make a stop on an unsuccessful entry (100% entries cannot be right) and continue trading as if nothing had happened.

How many times I've watched it, and every time under a chair :)

Server Muradasilov:

How many times I've watched it, and every time under a chair :)

By the way, averaging is also one of the ways to diversify.
But the same rule applies here as well!
And you should not forget that if you trade in No Direction while dealing with position trading, then no diversification will save you from a gradual loss

Diversification
itself
without trading in the Right Direction is Nothing!

ratnasambhava:
By the way, averaging is also a way to diversify.
But the same rule applies here as well! And you should not forget that if you are trading in No Direction in Position Trading, then no amount of diversification will protect you from a gradual loss.
Diversification in itself without trading in the Right Direction is Nothing!
The Right Direction is always with a certain probability, which is why you need a stop loss.

ratnasambhava:
By the way, averaging is also a way to diversify.
But the same rule applies here as well!
And you should not forget that if you trade in No Direction while in position trading, then no amount of diversification will protect you from a gradual loss

Diversification
itself
without trading in the Right Direction is Nothing!

Agreed