Execution speed on ECN accounts - page 3

Today at 11:19 they offered to do a trace from the PC to their server. Apparently they were led to believe that there was a 2 sec ping. While the terminal regularly showed a ping of about 80ms.

And the next transaction after this message went with a good speed:

2016.11.02 11:28:00.511    Trades    '15009266': order #1000781151 buy 0.10 / 0.10 GBPUSD at 1.22682 done in 285.361 ms
2016.11.02 11:28:00.511    Trades    '15009266': deal #1000683330 buy 0.10 GBPUSD at 1.22682 done (based on order #1000781151)
2016.11.02 11:28:00.310    Trades    '15009266': accepted market buy 0.10 GBPUSD, close #1000780841 sell 0.10 GBPUSD 1.227114
2016.11.02 11:28:00.226    Trades    '15009266': market buy 0.10 GBPUSD, close #1000780841 sell 0.10 GBPUSD 1.227114
2016.11.02 11:10:10.982    Trades    '15009266': order #1000780984 sell 0.02 / 0.02 EURUSD at 1.10927 done in 2084.735 ms

Apparently brokerage companies have possibility to influence execution speed of ECN accounts for some clients that need to be prevented at least by such a trifle as 2 sec. delay.

I will try to trade the deposit again... If they add another delay, I'll have to go to a competitor...

elibrarius:

Today at 11:19 they offered to do a trace from the PC to their server. Apparently they were led to believe that there was a 2 sec ping. While the terminal regularly showed a ping of about 80ms.

Apparently RCs have the ability to influence the speed of execution of ECN accounts for individual clients who need to be hampered, at least by such a trifle as 2 sec. delay.

I will try to trade the deposit again... If they add another delay, I'll have to go to a competitor...

Conspiracy theory of course. But! Once I compared history of 3 terminals on one and the same PC, belonging to the same broker, with the same account type.

Strangely enough, the history differs in a large number of moments. So it is probably possible to configure your own quotes flow for a particular terminal (group of terminals).

elibrarius:

And the very next trade after this post went through at a good speed:

Apparently DTs are able to influence the execution speed of ECN accounts for some clients that need to be prevented, at least by such a trifle as 2 sec. delay.

I do not understand something, please explain.

ECN is when a trader's order is taken out of the kitchen doorstep. In this case you should add to the ping to the trader's kitchen the ping to the next kitchen. And if several kitchens are packaged, more time is needed to choose between them, And if your kitchen threshold is something sniffy at all....

Hence, it follows that contrary to what brokerage companies advertise about instant execution on ECN accounts, on these very ECN accounts the order execution is always longer than on regular accounts. Longer execution time is a clear sign that it is an ECN-account.

For the trader, what is the difference between the account and the ECN-account:

• in a normal account everything is very fast, but there is no price guarantee
  • in an ECN account everything is slow, but the price in the order is very likely to be met.

PS.

This is not only my experience, but also Rannev's comment on this topic

elibrarius:

Apparently, brokerage companies have the ability to influence the execution speed of ECN accounts for individual clients who need to be prevented from doing so, at least by such a trifle as 2 sec. delay.

I wanted to write on the first day that the response would be so, but I decided to wait, maybe they will come up with something original.

Here is a typical reply from one more kitchen, accused of using the plugin. the meaning is simple - you are a fool or slow internet

По итогам анализа логов Вашего торгового счета мы можем подтвердить, что только по ряду сделок исполнение было свыше 1 секунды, остальные же сделки были исполнены в пределах 1 секунды.

Причин здесь может быть множество (от типа Интернет-соединения и до проблем на стороне Вашего провайдера). Мы рекомендуем воспользоваться услугами VPS-сервера. Это значительно поднимет стабильность соединения с торговыми серверами Компании.

I don't think they will respond to it, I don't even want them to look like that... One can make a conclusion that they do use plugins for MT5, so no brokerage platform is out of the question!

And a comment for those who believe that mt5 is a stock exchange terminal with fair execution

http://www.metatradersolutions.com/anti-scalping-plugin?_escaped_fragment_=anti-scalping-plugin/dxmy6#!anti-scalping-plugin/dxmy6

is it a deliberate feature left by the developers to make the kitchens interested in buying the mt server? or is it such a huge hole in the product that they can add anything to it?

MetaTrader Solutions - MTS | Anti-Scalping Plugin
  • www.metatradersolutions.com
The Anti-Scalping plugin is intended to employ an anti-scalping policy on a particular group of traders as to prevent them from closing orders within a specific time after opening. This plugin will prevent traders from using expert advisors to make frequent trades within a small time frame. To install the plugin, the MetaTrader 5 Server program...

ivanivan_11:

I wanted to write on the first day that the answer will be so, but decided to wait, maybe come up with something original. but no.

Here is a typical response from another kitchen that was accused of using the plugin. the point is simple - you're a fool or a slow internet

По итогам анализа логов Вашего торгового счета мы можем подтвердить, что только по ряду сделок исполнение было свыше 1 секунды, остальные же сделки были исполнены в пределах 1 секунды.

Причин здесь может быть множество (от типа Интернет-соединения и до проблем на стороне Вашего провайдера). Мы рекомендуем воспользоваться услугами VPS-сервера. Это значительно поднимет стабильность соединения с торговыми серверами Компании.

I don't know how to use it, it's a pity that they don't react to it in any way, but I'm sure they do.

With the delay being on and then off, I agree. By the plugin or something...

My fx is not so categorical about "normal" office. They may use MT5, but they do not plug them.

Turns out in Al...ri, 2 seconds to execute, for hundreds of transactions in a row over 2 weeks, is normal.

From the response to the complaint:

It has been established that the processing time of your orders on the Company's server corresponds to the allowable transaction hedging time on the counterparty.

elibrarius:

Turns out that in Al...ri, 2 seconds to execute, for hundreds of transactions in a row over 2 weeks, is normal.

i see, it's great! if it takes the dealers half an hour to get to the exchanger and encrypt your transaction, you will have to wait half an hour. it's true it's a true ECN with instant execution.

You should bring Renat into the discussion, because in the next thread they are fighting for execution in milliseconds, but here some brokerage house executes in 2 seconds.

In my opinion, this is simply discrediting the platform!

elibrarius:

Turns out in Al...ri, 2 seconds to execute, for hundreds of transactions in a row over 2 weeks, is normal.

And what was the lot, can you tell? I traded on A-Ri myself about a year ago on ECN.

elibrarius:

LOL... you're just being pissed in your ears ) i posted it all at the beginning ) well keep on searching for the truth as they say everyone learns from their mistakes but it's a shame they just get cheated ) what a hedge on a counterparty
they built a delta-neutral position there) hahaha