I teach from scratch, as well as help newcomers to join the ranks of MQL4 professionals. - page 4

Но, на мой взгляд, лучше бы Вы его не показывали... 

So as not to be unsubstantiated, I will explain why I think so. Firstly, the design. You may say that it is not a big deal, you are used to it, etc. But if some day another programmer gets his/her code, he/she won't be happy. Unreadable formatting. There is a styler, of course, but still it says something.

Secondly, there are no comments. If an example is a bit complicated, you'll soon forget what's written here... and if there's an error... it will take you several times longer to find it.

Third, variable names are horrible, you will definitely get into a rake.

You obviously haven't been programming long and haven't had any large projects.

All of the above, of course, is not all and my personal opinion.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

that's the best way to get rid of a problem customer.

It's just that you don't have much development experience.

How sensitive you are.

I didn't create this thread to ponce around or to be told what to do.

This thread is designed to help those who are trying to learn but find it long and painful to do so themselves. I only offered to help those who want to learn it faster, plus understand how it works in computer memory, so that they can program the best code at once, instead of doing it "somehow", and then try to optimize it... )))

You started with the nickname: dmitry173 -- under this nickname you were a customer -- I understood that you deleted it when it was not needed (you outgrew it).

Now you have become a developer and a teacher and named yourself: fx-programmer

As a congratulations to your endeavour:

Dmitry Sumsky:

I didn't create this thread to ponce around or to be told what to do.

This thread is designed to help those who are trying to learn but find it long and painful. I only offered to help those who want to learn it faster, plus understand how it works in computer memory, so that they can program the best code at once, instead of doing it "somehow", and then try to optimize it... )))

What you offer is of little value because

1) there is already a more advanced MT5/mql5

2) there is a freelance service, where you can order the development for a low price

3) The code and programming in trading is of interest only to programmers (who already know how to program)

4) Just written code is of little use, if you cannot get profit with it.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

So as not to be unsubstantiated, I will explain why I think so. Firstly, the design. You may say that it is not a big deal, you are used to it, etc. But if some day another programmer gets his/her code, he/she won't be happy. Unreadable formatting. There is a styler, of course, but still it says something.

Secondly, there are no comments. If an example is a bit complicated, you'll soon forget what's written here... and if there's an error... it will take you several times longer to find it.

Third, variable names are horrible, you will definitely get into a rake.

You obviously haven't been programming long and haven't had any large projects.

All of the above, of course, is not all and my personal opinion.

I write code this way because it makes me feel more comfortable. My codes had already fallen on "other" programmers and "they" were not happy about it. If the customer likes working with me, let him keep on working with me - I don't "skip projects". Each programmer has his own style and no two programmers are alike.

Comments? I do, but only where it is necessary. After all, it's not the whole code. The whole code is 1400 lines in this style. If I wrote this code like most (1 variable or 1 condition per line, plus a bunch of blank lines or with 1 bracket), this code would come out to several tens of thousands of lines. I like to see the full function without rolling the mouse wheel, when you read the middle, let alone the end) and forget what was in the beginning... )))

About the variables - I think this is a criticism, not an exchange of experience. If you think that the variables must be "different", you should at least have said what variables you think they must be...)))

Programming not long? Yes, not all my life...

Big projects? What do you consider a "Big Project"?

)))

Dmitry Sumsky:

I write this way because it makes me feel more comfortable. My codes have already been delivered to "other" programmers and "they" were not happy about it. If the customer likes working with me, then let him continue working with me - I do not "jump" from projects. Each programmer has his own style and no two programmers are alike.

Comments? I do, but only where it is necessary. After all, it's not the whole code. The whole code is 1400 lines in this style. If I wrote this code like most (1 variable or 1 condition per line, plus a bunch of blank lines or with 1 bracket), this code would come out to several tens of thousands of lines. I like to see the full function without rolling the mouse wheel, when you read the middle, let alone the end) and forget what was in the beginning... )))

About the variables - I think this is a criticism, not an exchange of experience. If you think that the variables must be "different", you should at least have said what variables you think they must be...)))

Programming not long? Yes, not all my life...

Big projects? What do you consider a "Big Project"?

)))

It's good that you don't slip up and I hope it will keep on happening but, well, things can happen...

Every programmer has his own style and no two programmers are alike.

I absolutely agree but there are very good works on programming. You won't find such code there.

What about variables, I believe their names are not very informative. For instance, pBuy and sBuy. You cannot tell by the name what the variable is responsible for and what its type is. And there are no comments...

Yes, I think you don't program long...

As for large projects - thousands or more.

Dmitry Sumsky:

Example code? Please... If it's any consolation...))

an error in your code (highlighted in red squares) -- in general, something is wrong, it's not clear why ii is looped.

well, further down the code, there are flaws -- in a word, if we're talking about mql, there are peculiarities of the language that you don't take into account in your code

I haven't looked at it, and I won't, and I don't want to read or evaluate any code.

But about naming variables, it's considered in the IT world to be a really important thing, that's what a programmer's job is all about.

Another important thing is the ability to seamlessly modify/expand functionality, just plain uncomplicated code.

That's what I know from the IT world, it's not applied µl, that's where everything is much more serious, e.g. java enterprise.

And I think it's better to grow, to look at more complex technologies.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

You started with the nickname: dmitry173 -- under this nickname you were a customer -- I understood that you deleted it when it was not needed (you outgrew it).

Now you have become a developer and a teacher and named yourself: fx-programmer

As a congratulations to your endeavour:

You're like Sherlock Holmes...

You're wrong. It's just that the site won't withdraw the money I've deposited. Service Desk explained to me that the money I had deposited earlier had to either be spent or I could withdraw it by closing the account - I chose the latter. So the old account had to be closed and a new one opened, but if it had remained, we could have safely seen how much work was closed there, not counting how much was done besides the site, and with whom exactly I dealt, not counting those where I parted through arbitrage... )))