I didn't survive that night (on GBP) - the deposit went negative. - page 2

apollo.lv:
It probably could be. When I first called I was told that they had insurance and I would not have to pay anything, I just had to write an application to zero out the account. But then they asked me to send a screenshot from the terminal with the"Transaction History" with comments to investigate the situation....
standard procedure... zeroing out and that's it.

If the DC is from Russia, probably nothing will happen. I think your account was somewhere between $500 and $700. So, most likely you didn't open an account with a serious company that takes trades to interbank. Just forget it. You won't get anything. They only take a profit :)

apollo.lv:
It could be. The first time I phoned they told me that they had insurance and I wouldn't have to pay anything, I just had to write an application to reset the account. But then they asked me to send a screenshot from the terminal with the'Transaction History' with comments to investigate the situation....

First, find out what type of account you have and whether your trades have been sent directly to the interbank market.

As an example. The first type - deals are opened to interbank and the second type - deals are executed inside the company and only joint positions of all clients are opened to interbank.

In case of losing on account at the second type of account the company just nullifies the account and at the first type of account a debt will hang in the client's balance.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

When you entered into an agreement with the VC (accession to the public offer), the VC gave you the terminal with which you have been trading. For each currency pair in the terminal there is a "Stop Out" parameter, usually 20. This means that with a margin drawdown below 20% the brokerage company MUST have closed all of its orders. I.e. You cannot be in a minus position.

You should feel free to show your brokerage company and demand the restoration of 20% of your margin.

I have never heard of this. Where can I see it - in the contract or somewhere in the terminal. This is the first time I have heard about it. There was a case like this before, but without gep. I just closed without gep. The broker only warns beforehand about an approaching Stop out situation. This time, of course, there were no warnings.

Vitalii Ananev:
Stop out as well as stop loss does not guarantee that the account will not go into deficit in situations such as the one that occurred with the pound.

Where in the regulations (contract) is it written about STOP OUT?

Stop Out is an obligation of the broker, while a TR is a trade order of a client.

Vitalii Ananev:

First, find out what type of account you have and whether your trades have been sent directly to the interbank market.

As an example. In BC where I trade there are two types of accounts first type - trades are opened to interbank and second type - trades are executed inside the company and only joint positions of all clients are opened to interbank.

In case of withdrawal to minus on the second type of account the company simply nullifies it, while on the first type of account debt will hang in the client's balance.

How do you know? Ask the broker? There is no direct information on the website, at least not quickly.

apollo.lv:

How do you find out? Ask the broker? There is no direct information on the website, at least not quickly.

It says so in the account type description.

It's when it's going to be 20%.

apollo.lv:
I have never heard of this. Is it in the contract or somewhere in the terminal? This is the first time I have ever heard of it. There was a case like this before, but without gep. I just closed without gep. The broker only warns beforehand about an approaching Stop out situation. This time, of course, there were no warnings.
For each symbol you can see a stop out. And the meaning of the term is exactly as I write. What you wrote is called a "margin call". 15 years ago on the RTS there was a warning call that a stop out was coming.

СанСаныч Фоменко:

Where in the regulations (contract) is it written about STOP OUT?

Stop out is an obligation of the DC and tr is a trade order of the client.

Imagine the following situation. You bought 10 lots at 1.5 stop out at 1.3. I hope you understand that each transaction has two participants - buyer and seller. Now the price is at 1.3 and the brokerage company has to close the buy. To close the buy is to sell. But there are no buyers at 1.3! No buyers at 1.2 and no buyers at 1.1. There's only one buyer at 1.0. As a result, the account went into deficit.

apollo.lv:

You should have inquired about the type of account before you opened it.