Into the castle - page 9

Ihor Herasko:

There is one necessary use for a loc in MT4. Suppose we have 5 orders with the volumes 0.1, 0.15, 0.05, 0.12 and 0.14. And we need to close them quickly. It is clear that it will take a long time to close each of them separately as the price may change and usually it will be worse. What to do?

To close them as quickly as possible, we make one trade, which still depends on the price change: a Sell position of 0.56. As a result, we get the lock that is closed slowly with five opposite closing operations, because price changes do not affect the result.

This is probably the only case when the lock is justified. But, please note, this is a purely technical point, which has nothing to do with the trading strategy.

I can partially agree, but it is better to avoid such situations. Because it is not always successful to open a Sell with volume 0.56.

Uladzimir Izerski:
I can partly agree, but it is certainly better to avoid such situations. Because it's not always a good idea to open a Sell on 0.56.
What do you mean? Is 0.56 a volume for the market? But if we were talking about 56 lots, then the problem of liquidity would be in all its glory.

Ihor Herasko:
What do you mean? 0.56 is the volume for the market? If we were talking about 56 lots, then the liquidity problem would be completely solved.

Not in the sense that the volume is small, but the almighty law of meanness is always on the alert in such cases.))

I do not like to open a large number of orders manually. The question is how to close them afterwards.

If using an Expert Advisor, it should close them by itself.

Uladzimir Izerski:
Not in the sense that the volume is small, but the law of meanness is always on guard in such cases.))
The same can be said for trying to close an order. )) Even more - such transactions are even harder to execute than opening.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I am opposed to opening a large number of orders manually, the question is how to close them afterwards?

It is the same way to close them as I have described. The fractioning and averaging tactics are quite normal approaches. The main thing is to understand what you are doing and not to take the chance.

If you use an Expert Advisor, it should close them by itself.

The Expert Advisor will also close much faster by overlapping them than by performing five separate closing operations. After all, the Expert Advisor is faster than a human only in terms of "pushing buttons" (it does not have to push them). But the processing of the orders themselves is the same, both in the case of an order given by a human and an EA.

Ihor Herasko:

After all, an advisor is faster than a human only in terms of "pushing buttons" (he doesn't have to push them). But the processing of the orders themselves is the same, both in the case of an order given by a human and by an advisor.

It takes me a second to pick up the mouse, a second to open a form and then a second to press the buttons. The councillor has time to close them 100 times.

Here is a prime example of the flawed application of the loca from real life events.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/97492/page5

Я не пережил ту ночь (по GBP) - депозит ушел в минус.
Я не пережил ту ночь (по GBP) - депозит ушел в минус.
  • www.mql5.com
Добрый день, коллеги. Проснулся я в пятницу (накануне имелись открытые позиции с GBP), а на двух торговых счетах -800.00 USD...