Into the castle - page 8

It's useless to convince most people. Locke is a placebo. Full stop.

When working with lots, there is the same desire to wait for the right price as there is with unidirectional trades. You need the same predictive power of the TS. I'm just confusing everything in my head and on the screen.

And the fact that lots and averaging temporarily give more points is because the risk of the entire trade is sacrificed and it leads to a loss in the end.

I've seen people use their hands to make profit for a long time and successfully. I guess my instincts are fantastic.

It was nice to read the discussion, which was led by colleagues without excessive emotion. It's a rare occurrence these days. I wish it were always like that.

I'll add a few words about locks, maybe to someone useful, maybe to someone persuasive.

The most unpleasant thing with lock enthusiasts is the hope of salvation in that very lock.

The position very You don't close a position for a long time on a stop. Why do you need to close it? I'll close at any moment. The price is inexorably going against us. I have a huge drawdown, I would be happy to close, but it's too late. Nerves don't hold out, I'm going into a lock. A lock is a lock to keep fools by the balls. The price will immediately turn around and two positions will be at a loss for a long time.

It is this hope of being saved by the castle that is self-indulgent and mercilessly kills everyone indiscriminately. Time lost, possibly with good traffic, funds lost, and nerves lost.

I agree with the fact that in some cases it is possible to apply the lock in the trend, but it is only in very rare cases you can use it, and it is better to avoid them and not to think about them at all. Trust me, we have been in the market for many years. We have been there, we know.

Uladzimir Izerski:

It was nice to read the discussion, which was led by colleagues without excessive emotion. It's a rare occurrence these days. I wish it were always like that.

I'll add a few words about locks, maybe to someone useful, maybe to someone persuasive.

The most unpleasant thing with lock enthusiasts is the hope of salvation in that very lock.

The position very You don't close a position for a long time on a stop. Why do you need to close it? I'll close at any moment. The price is inexorably going against us. I have a huge drawdown, I would be happy to close, but it's too late. Nerves don't hold out, I'm going into a lock. A lock is a lock to keep fools by the balls. The price will immediately turn around and two positions will be at a loss for a long time.

It is this hope of being saved by the castle that is self-indulgent and mercilessly kills everyone indiscriminately. Time lost, possibly with good traffic, funds lost, and nerves lost.

I agree with the fact that in some cases it is possible to apply the lock in the trend, but it is only in very rare cases you can use it, and it is better to avoid them and not to think about them at all. Trust me, we have been in the market for many years. We have been there, we know.

If we put a lock instead of a stop, we have a chance to close both trades in the plus. In an extreme case there is always a possibilityto "close the overlapped ones", so we do not lose anything.

khorosh:
If we put a lock instead of a stop, there are chances to close both trades on the plus side. As a last resort there is always a possibility to"close overlapped ones", so we do not lose anything.

I don't mind the fact that you can. For an experienced trader, there is no problem getting in and out of a loc. The trouble lies in relying on locs, and they can do a lot of damage.

People have already mentioned here the self-deception of playing with locks, and I completely agree with them.

Without locks the result will be much higher. Check it out in practice and then see for yourself.

Locks are evil!!! Only experienced players will tell you that, the rest in the lock...and.........aut:(

The thing is that the lock.help you if you have entry points (on your system for example) lock such moments as a flat at once.But if you trade on the news of course it is a complete failure.But the lock has a right to live!

bcs2424:

The thing is that the lock.help you if you have entry points (on your system for example) lock such moments as a flat at once.But if you trade on the news of course it is a complete failure.But the lock has a right to live!

It's not lock that kills the deposit, it's the hope for the lock.

Most considerations are about losing lots, which means that the initial calculations were wrong or the direction of the correct, but at some point the market was

there are deviations within the standard values and the aims will be different in each case, add the situation with the positive lots, the variants of averaging scenarios, and after all this variety of lots

there should be calculations. On the other hand if the market allows you to do simple things, should you make it more complicated?

Veniamin Skrepkov:

Most considerations are about losing lots, which means that the initial calculations were wrong or the direction of the correct, but at some point the market was

there are deviations within the standard values and the objectives will be different in each case, add the situation with the positive lots, options with averaging scenarios and all this variety of locks

There has to be a calculation. On the other hand, if the market allows you to do simple things, why complicate things?

Frankly speaking I sometimes get into a profitable lot (only profitable), and then I blame myself for my foolishness.

It's like a smoker who's given up smoking and wants to have one last cigarette((.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I myself sometimes get in the plus zone (only in the plus zone) and then I have to blame myself for a stupid thing I've done.

This is something like a smoker who has quit smoking and still wants to smoke the last cigarette((.

It's like with investment, in one case one invests without thinking, but the mental productivity "without thinking" there are of course other options, i.e. how well the "product" is worked out.

Plus locs, at the very least, are not stupid.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I myself sometimes get in the plus lok (only in the plus lok) and then I have to blame myself for a stupid thing I've done.

It's like when a smoker quit smoking and wants to have one last cigarette((.

There is one useful application for loc in MT4. Suppose there are 5 Buy orders with volumes 0.1, 0.15, 0.05, 0.12 and 0.14. And we need to close them quickly. It is clear that it will take a long time to close each of them separately as the price can easily change to the worse. What to do?

To close them as quickly as possible, we make one trade, which still depends on the price change: a Sell position of 0.56. As a result, we get the lock that is closed slowly with five opposite closing operations, because price changes do not affect the result.

This is probably the only case when the lock is justified. But, please note, this is a purely technical point, which has nothing to do with the trading strategy.