Writing code in Russian. Pros and cons of such a programme. - page 8

Реter Konow:
In short, since all of us on this forum are Russian-speaking and do not program in their native language - hence the use of crutches. I'm programming in native language, so they don't use crutches. It's a simple and logical conclusion. (No offence to anyone).

It's more a question of microbes - who's looking at whom through the smallscope. By programming in this way you mutilate your native language, reducing it to a man-machine language, not even babbling, but some kind of neutered ugliness. Try to look at your code with a sober third eye, don't you? All the difference in crutches - yours are written in Cyrillic - the taskbar, labels + phenomenon_windows

It's kind of a joke, but the message is clear - it's easier to read code in your native language, for sure. For the same reason I use underscores - it's more beautiful without them, but I have to read names with prefixes, not broken into words.

Vladimir Zubov:
It depends on what market you are targeting and for what purposes, if there are no plans and no need to go further than the RF, then writing in your native language is fine.
I am focused on the efficiency of the programming process itself. The efficiency is higher in my native language. I am not going to distribute open source code.

Alexander Puzanov:

It's more a question of microbes - who's looking at whom through the smallscope. By programming in this way you mutilate your native language, reducing it to a man-machine language, not even babbling, but some kind of neutered ugliness. Try to look at your code with a sober third eye, don't you? All the difference in crutches - yours are written in Cyrillic - the taskbar, labels + phenomenon_windows

It's kind of a joke, but the message is clear - it's easier to read code in your native language, for sure. I use underscores for the same reason - it's more beautiful without them, but I have to read names not broken into words and with prefixes.

I argue with people here, proving that it's more convenient for them to program and develop in a native language, while they oppose me. Pretty strange, isn't it?

Three things in the world:

1. warm lemonade.

2. iced tea.

3. Program code in Russian.

All in all, to aficionados.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

1. warm lemonade.

2. iced tea.

Yes, it's a bit of an amateur... But it is worth a try. Let everyone who disagree with this approach (and those who agree with it) try to write at least one expert in Russian. One program in life to tell then to grandchildren about their "exotic" programming experience.

Otherwise it goes something like this:

- Do you like seafood?

- I hate them!!!

- Have you tried them?

- No way! Never! They're so disgusting!

Реter Konow:
I'm arguing with people here proving to them that they would be more comfortable to program and develop in their native language and they oppose me. Pretty strange, isn't it?

Most of the residents here write software to order, hence the aversion to their language.

I have been writing code in 4K only for myself for more than 6 years. Gradually switched to Russian in programming, so I got rid of the need to comment the code. Code is easy to read, I never had any problems with compiling. And if I'm coding on demand, I must use Latin alphabet, of course.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Most of the residents here write software to order, hence the aversion to their language.

I have been writing code in 4K only for myself for more than 6 years. Gradually switched to Russian in programming, so I got rid of the need to comment the code. Code is easy to read, I never had any problems with compiling. And if you are coding to order, you should definitely use the Latin alphabet.

Well, everything is clear now.

Really, when you are doing a job to order and you are providing open source code, you have to use English. I agree with that.

However, if we are discussing the efficiency of programming and development as such, it is definitely higher when using a native language. Anybody who has such experience will confirm that.

I am pretty sure that Americans surpassed everybody in software technologies precisely because they had a huge initial advantage - the possibility to develop in their native language while other nations had to adapt not only to other languages but to other people's approaches (OOP) as well.

To compete with them in their field is to have no chance of winning.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

1. warm lemonade.

2. iced tea.

Warm lemonade is better than warm beer.

Я совершенно уверен, что американцы обошли всех в software технологиях именно потому, что имели огромное исходное преимущество - возможность разрабатывать на родном языке, а остальные народы были вынуждены подстраиваться не только под чужой язык, но и под чужой подход (ООП).

Competing with them on their field, it means that they have no chance to win.

Exactly. The entry threshold for non-English speakers is much higher. I learned English myself from all sorts of reference books and documentation. Spent a lot of time in the early stages to understand the material. I think it is necessary to have "Cyrillic C++" (not only writing operators, but also documentation), and then it will get "meat" and a community. There are, after all, a bunch of languages, why shouldn't some be Russian? Just teach children, just read the documentation, the number of native programmers (and their level) will increase many times over. Give a novice Russian-speaking programmer something likehttp://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/atomic/memory_order and all his desire to code will disappear.

In the meantime, it turns out that it is easier for them to deal with high technology and for us to grow vegetables.

Foreign language skills enrich people spiritually and beyond, and also push boundaries and open up new horizons.